Stealth gameplay is impossible

+
Yeah i've done lots of missions in stealth and it was actually easier than guns blazing. Though at the beginning consumes a bit more time but there are different tools to approach stealth.

i played in a lot games before this where was stealth mechanic, and i dont see any problems there

I have to disagree with OP, I personally have no issues with stealth on hard difficulty, doing thievery gigs on skull mobs without knocking anyone out or ever getting spotted is not only possible, but quite rewarding.

I highly recommend the cyberware eye mod that slows time down for 2 seconds every time a enemy starts to spots you, and especially the double jump ankle mod that opens up your infiltration options significantly.

Going Ghost (non lethal, avoid knockouts, never spotted) was my favorite style of playing in two most recent Deus Ex titles and I am extremely happy this game allows such gameplay too, for me it's one of the highlights of the game hands down.

Edit: I play on controller and for me the scanner zooming happens with not having any weapons in my hand, holding left trigger, adjusting with dpad up/down and then activating the scanner while still holding down left trigger. It's really stupidly complicated when you should be able to just zoom within the scanner, but at least it works, I have quickhacked few cyberpsychos from a safe distance that way.

Last edited:
I was actually surprised how easy it is to stealth most missions/dungeons/whatever. And the "cool" stat is my lowest by far. I think right now it's around 4 or sth:D
Playing on "normal" difficulty though...maybe on harder difficulties it's another story.

I've played harder stealth games like Payday 2 on Deathwish (highest difficulty back in the day), and I must say that it's made me better at stealth games. Which means I've got no problem with stealth in this game, considering how easy and forgiving it is. The trick is to increase your movement speed via mod slots for clothing, install a proper cyberdeck with a mod called Reboot optics (which makes them blind for 8 seconds for me), and get a implant that slows down time whenever you're detected (as in their detection meter starts to rise, not when they're alerted). The end result is more or less running past guards before their detection meter fills up - similar to Payday 2 speed stealthing.
I agree and they will probably have to fix it at some point as people figure out how to "exploit" it :D

I think that all styles of gameplay can work decently well and are in good balance.

Yesterday I stealthed through the grand imperial mall story mission without even having a stealth build. No detections. Im more of an direct approach aggressive blades swinging guns blazing person.

There are some issues that could be bugs or oversights (such as dodge being useless in the fistfight sidequests cause the opponents will auto-track you) but overall the gameplay is good.

I think that all styles of gameplay can work decently well and are in good balance.

Yesterday I stealthed through the grand imperial mall story mission without even having a stealth build. No detections. Im more of an direct approach aggressive blades swinging guns blazing person.

There are some issues that could be bugs or oversights (such as dodge being useless in the fistfight sidequests cause the opponents will auto-track you) but overall the gameplay is good.
I agree, I honestly think that people are being a bit to critical due to having way too high expectations for the game.

Enemy is grouping too well which make it very time consuming for stealth play.
If you want to stealth a 3 min quest take you 15 min or more.
I think they should make some balance.
There's perfect balance at ghost of tsushima...

I think you're overexaggerating. I haven't had a problem with it yet. And they definitely don't spot you from long distances unless a camera or drone has spotted you first.

Its not impossible but very very hard, what makes one of my stealh missions impossible is some enemies are places that you can't acces from their behind so you need something like a ranged one shot thing like a sniper but there is no one shoting with guns (throwing knifes are sucks cause you need hundreds of knives I don't even mention them)
You can one shot pretty easily with a muzzled revolver, especially, if you put enough points into the handguns and stealth tree. Like I'm hitting around 6k damage headshots out of stealth right now, sometimes even 12-13k criticals at level 20.

I always play RPG's using a stealth character and was extremely excited to do so in Cyberpunk.

Add the hacking elements and it was a dream come true.

Turns out its impossible.

The problem is that enemies spot you from a mile away and with no cover mechanic, that makes it worse.

Plus, there's no mechanic to show your visibility to enemies like in every other stealth game.

Add to this a glaring issue with your hacking scanner, the fact that you can't zoom in/out, or freely move the camera around to find hackable items.

So, in order to find hackable items, you need to get in prettt close. And then your spotted.

Its very apparent that CDPR spent most of their time making a beautiful game world and skipped on a lot of BASIC game mechanics.

Its extremely disappointing.

No idea what you are talking about, stealth gameplay is fine. You might need to practice a bit more.

What annoys me is that you can not make a stealthy takedown from the side, when you manage to approach an enemy without being detected. Otherwise, it works for me mostly.

+1

Wiley's Pro Tip: Throw incendiary grenades a lot. Enemies are very distracted when they're on fire! ;)

Last edited:
Nah you just gotta go with Russian stealth. Nobody will notice you if nobody is alive to notice you ;)

I just go around with a suppressed revolver (weird to say since those are rare af irl) and headshot everyone.

I have to strongly disagree with everything you mentioned but this "Add to this a glaring issue with your hacking scanner, the fact that you can't zoom in/out, or freely move the camera around to find hackable items." this is true for the first part and it's annoying.

Let's go tru the points
"The problem is that enemies spot you from a mile away and with no cover mechanic, that makes it worse."
Not true in fact you can sneak past EVERYBODY as long as you're crouched, I'm playing a stealth character with tech and hack and the game (in VERY HARD) is dumb easy all the time.

"Plus, there's no mechanic to show your visibility to enemies like in every other stealth game."
No you have it, they have eyes filling up slow as fuck on their heads even if you're in plain sight. they take forever to spot you, and, as long as you're crouched, they're totally blind (and that's stupid and makes stealth gameplay basically a cheat, even a low couch hides you completely, i know this because I only play stealth and I built my char around that only). If you refer to mechanics about dark and light and other things METRO style, yes there's not, as many other gameplay basics totally disregarded by CP77 and all this makes the game atrociously easy on very hard.

"So, in order to find hackable items, you need to get in prettt close. And then your spotted."
No you can hack from miles, try again.

"Its very apparent that CDPR spent most of their time making a beautiful game world and skipped on a lot of BASIC game mechanics."
This is true but about other things.

Plus stealth is broken when you kill often a guy from the back and he's close to a wall. It glitches out of the world and everybody gets alerted for no reason.

I tend to agree with OP about most of this but you do raise some good points. While you can hack from very far away that's true, sight lines are often difficult to get without risking being seen unless you have multiple camera angles. crouching works well about 3/4ths of the time but that means pretty often enemies will just randomly turn on a dime and spot you while you're approaching in stealth. maybe this gets better with more levels? if it does it's really punishing at first.

There really need to be instant weapon kills at range, as well. this is absolutely a core stealth mechanic and a tool that is sorely missing from the repertoire. building a stealth/hack character and then being tossed against a boss who simply cannot be neutralized this way also really sucks. one of the first bosses comes to mind here.

the show visibility mechanic is there but it can be really hard to skate around. I don't think it's atrociously easy, there's actually quite a bit of rng when it comes to enemy pathing and spotting. I've always hated spotting mechanics that instantly make entire compounds aware of your presence, there should be time after small groups of mooks out before the alarm is sounded for everyone. the pick up body mechanic as some have suggested also could use some improvement, can't tell you how many times another mook has accidentally pathed around a wall and caught me hiding a body, when they've stood completely still before that and there was no alert. If this is to signal that you're being heard.. it doesn't seem to indicate that to you via HUD in any way. having to be perfectly behind enemies to grab can be really annoying and one of

my absolute biggest complaint in the double tap dodge strafe. it pops you out of stealth and can shove you right into a sight line and boom you're done. I want to disable this or rebind it because it's very hard to nudge yourself into position when stealthed with this ability.

I actually don't mind that once a compound is alerted they stay alerted, it makes sense. it's actually a little stupid how quickly cops will stop chasing you when you commit crimes by comparison. There should be a way to counter hack when you're targeted by netrunners as well, by that i mean being able to free yourself from the hack without JUST killing the enemy. consider how effective your own hacks are and that this is WAY beyond that.

All in all it's a great game but some of the mechanics do not feel good, I hope they address them in some way.

also let's get some explicit sex scenes lol

Guest 4479767

have many issues with this game the sneaking isnt one of them .its very well done sneak system

Well, using Hacks helps a lot with the stealth game. My issue is that despite being behind cover I get spotted some times. It is as if the npc can see me through walls some times. Why do I know that they spotted me behind cover? Because they shoot the object in front of me. Most of the time it is a wall they hit.
I believe CD Project needs to improve stealth gameplay.

Top Bottom