[MAJOR BUG/SPOILER] Panam Quest FPS drop and memory leak.

+
After you complete the quest where Panam has you drive a basilisk it triggers a long-term issue in the game for as of this moment appears permanent. It appears to occur during the sex scene.

1. FPS drops of almost 2/3rds.
  2. Potential crashes.
It appears to be some insane memory leak. If you quit the game the game now crashes. If you restart the game you get your frames back but after a while you loose them again. I have a steady FPS of 60+ on Ultra after this kicks in my frames drop to the low 20s.

Wikipedia - Memory Leak

I don´t know who came up with the mem leak theory or why, but repeating it over and over again without any proper analysis doesn´t solve anything.
Could you please provide detailed screens from the Mem usage (RAM & GPU) when this happens ?
1. At game start (with loaded Savegame)
2. After 1 hour of playing
3. And directly with the active FPS drops ?
A mem leak usually shows up with more and much more memory consumption.
If you get constant rates of memory with a slight increase , it´s not a mem leak - but something else.
If your memory is maxed out on all ends, then you have a high chance it´s a mem leak.

Without additional informations, the dev´s could not do anything at all with that description.
(And before you ask, yes I´ve debugged multiple real and false mem leaks - no, not for CDPR).

Ive also had another bug in the Ghost town quest chain, where you choose to "deal with Nash". Panam drives her car into the Raffen Shiv hideout. If you die in this encounter and choose to reload a previous savepoint, you actually spawn in the drivers seat INSIDE Panam who is still driving. Screenshot below.

20201212223624_1.jpg

Wikipedia - Memory Leak

I don´t know who came up with the mem leak theory or why, but repeating it over and over again without any proper analysis doesn´t solve anything.
Could you please provide detailed screens from the Mem usage (RAM & GPU) when this happens ?
1. At game start (with loaded Savegame)
2. After 1 hour of playing
3. And directly with the active FPS drops ?
A mem leak usually shows up with more and much more memory consumption.
If you get constant rates of memory with a slight increase , it´s not a mem leak - but something else.
If your memory is maxed out on all ends, then you have a high chance it´s a mem leak.

Without additional informations, the dev´s could not do anything at all with that description.
(And before you ask, yes I´ve debugged multiple real and false mem leaks - no, not for CDPR).

Perhaps it's not usually if you reset a game and you get normal FPS then it starts to drop is usually an indication that it's running code repeatedly but I suppose that doesn't mean it's technically a memory leak. Even though that's the exact definition of a memory leak...but have it your way let's pretend it's not.

My game is unplayable now that's all I now it is game-breaking I'm getting PS4 level frame rates like in the 15s, where as before I was in the 60-70 range. I literally can not play any longer. After about 5-10 mins the frames drop so low I can not play and it will only come back when the game is restarted. I just started brand new game after the FPS dropped and the game is still lagging out. I'm at the half way point or further and can no longer finish the game.

I'm just warning others if they want to complete the game they might either want to skip the Basilisk part.

Ive also had another bug in the Ghost town quest chain, where you choose to "deal with Nash". Panam drives her car into the Raffen Shiv hideout. If you die in this encounter and choose to reload a previous savepoint, you actually spawn in the drivers seat INSIDE Panam who is still driving. Screenshot below.

View attachment 11083544
Same problem for me
. I'm stucked at Panama's mission of Saint Motel .... when I go in truck with her , the game blocked me on the loading screen . I try many times to reboot , turn off completely my Series X but nothing so i decided to go to next mission ( Goro and Arasaka industries)

Same problem for me
. I'm stucked at Panama's mission of Saint Motel .... when I go in truck with her , the game blocked me on the loading screen . I try many times to reboot , turn off completely my Series X but nothing so i decided to go to next mission ( Goro and Arasaka industries)

i have the same problem as you, i could not solve

I've just experienced the spawn in the drivers seat problem. Luckily I had a save just before getting into the truck. I had picked up a big freaking gun from one of the enemies but even after I equipped it I no longer had it when we began the fight. I don't know if that is a bug or intentional for some reason.

Top Bottom