What would be your preferred response from CDPR?

+

What would be your preferred response from CDPR?

• Don't need public statement, put nose to grindstone and fix like Hello Games did with No Mans Sky.

• I want a response. I want to know how and why the game was released as is and how they'll fix it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The myriad of issues with CP2077 are well known by now. It sucks hard, but this is life. Anyone and almost everyone screws up from time to time but not everyone actually makes things right. How would you prefer CDPR to handle the situation?

Personally I'd be fine either way but I must say Hello Games earned a lot of faith and a ton of respect from me the way they handled salvaging of No Man's Sky after it's launch. They didn't say a word, they just released free DLC after free DLC which were really just fixing the game and adding the content that was missing not to mention the quality of almost all of them were worthy of being legit purchases. I'm not saying I would expect free story DLC from CDPR but at the very least I personally need to see some substantial improvement to many areas or I'm out like a blown light and gonzo for good.

CDPR is a corporation, they're not my friends or your friends and never will be. We gamers need to realize that business needs to be handled like business.

What say you?

Vejsa

Forum regular
It is a difficult topic. I would love to hear updates on what they're doing, but I also want them to work on it. If I could, I'd vote they give us a plan on what they're going to do moving forward and then just work on it until it is released, then repeat until the game is the gem it should be.

It'd be great if they at least acknowledge all the issues and let us know they're going to fix it. The game's incredible, but so long as these bugs are around, it's just not enjoyable. Right now I can't even play because I've got some game-breaking bug that won't let me pull out my weapons no matter how many times I restart my game. I definitely felt annoyed that they constantly pushed back the release date numerous times, but it seems like the game was never ready for release. It might be a while before the game's officially playable, but I just hope they keep us in the loop.

I couldn't care less about their PR response. I never bought into their consumer-friendly spiel and they're obviously run by people who care more about money than about their consumers or the well-being of their employees.

The decision to release now was clearly a short-term gamble based on a massively successful marketing campaign. I don't know about the long-term, but nothing has changed for me, personally. I will buy what I'm interested in - and though I'm quite surprised at the state of the PC release, it's far, far from an unusual thing for games to be far from ready at release. They wanted to push it out and save money - and based on the sales numbers, they made a smart business decision for now.

Which is par for the course and I won't get into my opinion of how capitalism affects human beings and things like the entertainment industry or the arts.

I trust PR responses about as much as I trust politicians or salesmen. As in, they're all the same thing. Doesn't mean they can't be honest and want the best - it's just impossible to ever really know. Money gets in the way, as per usual.

Anyway, the only response I would want is for them to keep patching the game and improving it. It's obviously full of potential and, in my estimation, is around 6 months of focused development away from being something akin to a truly finished game.

The smart and patient person will wait 6-12 months until playing - but apparently I'm a moron.

Guest 4406876

The only response that is valid is facts and patches running on my monitor, untill then, even if they stay quiet for me it's gonna be even better. I had more than enough of their fake PR and advertising during the years. And they even took the time and liberty to put Streamers in the game...that's funny.

I shat on No Man's Sky heavily at launch, because it deserved it. But if you ask me today to name the best post-launch developer in the business? I'd say Hello Games. What they have done has been nothing short of heroic. No bullshit, just hard graft since release, focusing on making the game better. Shit, they probably SHOULD have charged for some of the things they added.

So in answer to your question, what I'd like to see CDPR do now is say nothing and just release the patches. First, get it running at 60FPS across all platforms. Improve stability/bugs, then improve performance even more. Then think about new content.

As it stands, I'm pretty disappointed. I can run any other current game on my rig on max settings at 60FPS+. Doom Eternal runs like a dream on Ultra-Nightmare settings. Most fun I've had with a game in years. And tbh, it's better looking than Cyberpunk 2077 so yeah, the fact that I can barely get 30 FPS on my rig on "high" settings is a bummer. Thankfully my backlog is large and I can afford to wait for the optimisations to roll in.

The smart and patient person will wait 6-12 months until playing - but apparently I'm a moron.

This hits home harder then I want to admit. I don't think we're morons though. Speaking for myself at least I think I'm so much of an idealist that even though I know better when it comes to trusting corporations I don't want to face the harsh and cold reality of that truth. I get caught up in the fantasy of the creative process and watching it all come together in anticipation and because so many of the people working on games are passionate gamers just like us it's easy to feel kinship with them on some level even though we know better, even though we've been burned time after time, after time.

We're not morons and I have no doubt they wanted to give us the amazing game they imagined in their own heads. It didn't work out that way. Let's see how they respond.

I shat on No Man's Sky heavily at launch, because it deserved it. But if you ask me today to name the best post-launch developer in the business? I'd say Hello Games. What they have done has been nothing short of heroic. No bullshit, just hard graft since release, focusing on making the game better. Shit, they probably SHOULD have charged for some of the things they added.

I agree 100%

This hits home harder then I want to admit. I don't think we're morons though. Speaking for myself at least I think I'm so much of an idealist that even though I know better when it comes to trusting corporations I don't want to face the harsh and cold reality of that truth. I get caught up in the fantasy of the creative process and watching it all come together in anticipation and because so many of the people working on games are passionate gamers just like us it's easy to feel kinship with them on some level even though we know better, even though we've been burned time after time, after time.

We're not morons and I have no doubt they wanted to give us the amazing game they imagined in their own heads. It didn't work out that way. Let's see how they respond.

Oh, I'm not talking about the developers, but about the suits.

Developers are likely in it for the game before anything else.

Unfortunately, developers are powerless when it comes to calling the shots and the business side of things.

I have much more sympathy with them than myself or other gamers for having bought a semi-broken game. Imagine pouring your heart and soul into something for all those years only to have the suits dictate a release date that's months too soon. Not only are they robbed of the glorious reception of a great game, they also had the privilege of insane crunch for I don't know how long.

There's really no way to recover from that kind of waste.

I mean, even if the game ends up being fixed and balanced - there's absolutely no way they can ever get back the moment of triumph that this game would have been if they held off releasing it for 6 more months.

Well, and then there's the whole console debacle - which is not only extremely unacceptable right now, it's also more than likely the reason we're seeing such basic AI and simulation aspects in the game.

Clearly, they had to cut down a LOT of things to make it run on the last-gen consoles, and even though the next-gen and PC versions could easily handle much more sophisticated AI - it's hard to justify adding those features when you have millions of customers with the old-gen version they've invested in.

So, it's the worst of all worlds - all for the sake of saving the cost of a few more months of development to please the shareholders.

While I agree that Hello Games did come back to salvage NMS, when it first launched with all the issues and they said Nothing it was pretty poor response. I mean they should have communicated that was their plan (to just put head down and work as hard as they can). maybe they did and i didnt see it but it's not a good idea to just say nothing for months at a time and then release a big patch. id rather have CDPR acknowledge there are a lot of issues and it's unacceptable. Then tell us they are going to be taking all the feedback they've received and crash reports on consoles and just work on polishing and fixing the issues. no new content or dlc etc. and considering they are a bigger developer than hello games (i think they literally had like 10 people working on the game?) CDPR should be able to have more communication and also fixes at the same time.

While I agree that Hello Games did come back to salvage NMS, when it first launched with all the issues and they said Nothing it was pretty poor response. I mean they should have communicated that was their plan (to just put head down and work as hard as they can). maybe they did and i didnt see it but it's not a good idea to just say nothing for months at a time and then release a big patch. id rather have CDPR acknowledge there are a lot of issues and it's unacceptable. Then tell us they are going to be taking all the feedback they've received and crash reports on consoles and just work on polishing and fixing the issues. no new content or dlc etc. and considering they are a bigger developer than hello games (i think they literally had like 10 people working on the game?) CDPR should be able to have more communication and also fixes at the same time.

I won't say your perception of how Hello Games responded is wrong in anyway and like I said I'll be happy with however CDPR decides to respond whether they address the issues publicly or don't and it may be better that they get some consumer feed back on what people want fixed or changed the most. Maybe they're getting some of that from these discussions.

Regarding NMS though and the way they did respond, at first it freaked me out as well how Hello Games didn't say anything and I just wrote them off as just another hit and run game studio but once those DLC upgrades started rolling out and they were really good and they just kept coming, seeking no glory, seeking no praise, not even seeking a thank you or a single dollar...I was extremely impressed on a personal level because it showed humility and genuine appreciation for the people that supported them.

Was it the best way for everyone to respond, probably not but they certainly made a very strong statement without saying anything and in this industry, that goes a very long way. I don't know what Hello Games next game will be but if I am even remotely interested, there's a very good chance I'll be there to return the support in kind because I want people like Sean Murray to have success in this beloved hobby of mine.

I dont need a response,despite the bugs and crap ending i enjoyed, still enjoying, my time in NC and still got 2 life paths and hundreds of dialogue to dig through even if its meaningless, not to mention trying to view the game from different perspectives.

Bugs and whatnot aside this is still a Roleplaying game and i still see hundreds of hours of RP potential through dialogue, builds, looks, relationship etc etc and it only improving as bugs get squashed, updates get out an dlc arrives.

Per usual nothing they say or i say at this point makes a difference, there is no excuses for the state of the game on console so i wont make any, im just glad i play on One X were i didnt/haven't had as an difficult or painful experience as my base xbox/p4 brothers and sisters, only action at this point matters and no amount of pretty words or colourful roadmaps will change that.

Knuckle down an get shit done then mellow an have a good an safe christmas with the family, shit happens i dont need to read or listen to meaningless excuses as to why

Give a detailed road map of features and improvements that they plan on adding to the game over time when they get around to discussing DLCs and Expansions.

The future road map would be 'something' but how much would it truly mean? The roads already been a bumpy one to say the least and plenty of people don't want to hear a word from CDPR right now. Also think about games like Anthem where they publicly plan out a road map and you never hear from them again because the player base moved on and the developer doesn't care anymore because they got the bag and there's no one around anymore to sell anything to. I'm not quite ready to put CDPR in the same category as EA or what BioWare has become though even though hiding the state of the game on console until after launch was extremely shady.

Quite simple. Apologize for missleading The Customers for one. The game literally released in a broken State. In such a broken State that a majority of players, irrespective of hardware, are shit out of luck until CDPR get's their shit together and optimizes/patches the game accordingly.

Beyond that, I need no further statements from CDPR. They lied about the game, released a garbage product to make bank before Christmas, and it's not sure whether they will or will not entirely fix this game. Even if the performance gets fixed, there's the non-existant A.I, and dozens upon dozens of promised features that are all missing from this game.

Tl;Dr fuck whatever PR Response CDPR thinks they should give, I don't care. They lost their goodwill that they worked for so hard with the Witcher series and their practices. Instead to have Cyberpunk be the Opus to cement CDPR as 'the' ethical, Pro-customer game developer, they actually cemented themselves as just another garbage company of the likes of EA,Ubisoft,etc.

I just want acknowledgement. This game's accessibility is laughable. And a lot of the complaints I've seen tie back into it. Not being able to rebind controllers is an accessibility issue. Not being able to adjust the small fonts or the font color or the fact that 100% opacity for subtitles doesn't mean what language deems it would are accessibility issues. The minimap overall and the lack of actual navigation that's been in games since as early as 2009 are accessibility issues.

Jessie's video does a better job of laying it out.

I just want acknowledgement. This game's accessibility is laughable. And a lot of the complaints I've seen tie back into it. Not being able to rebind controllers is an accessibility issue. Not being able to adjust the small fonts or the font color or the fact that 100% opacity for subtitles doesn't mean what language deems it would are accessibility issues. The minimap overall and the lack of actual navigation that's been in games since as early as 2009 are accessibility issues.

Jessie's video does a better job of laying it out.

I feels like they didn't even play their own game at times tbh.

Preffered response in case they didnt become a souless corp? Drop the edgy hot air marketing PR bullshit for a second and go with a simple "we fucked up hard and wish to make amends to all customers", then proceed announce the production of Cyberpunk 2077 Enhanced Edition and of course fix the nightmare they did for console players, its not their fault for buying the game for consoles, CDK should had taken the high road and said: "look we are a PC dev and we don't have the required tech and resources to deliver for consoles". Now the deed is done, people are with their console game broken playing with suboptimal fps, so at least deliver a functional game for then and offer a free copy for PC version so they can play while they fix this mess.

Its heartbreaking, following the company since Witcher 1 this is simply awful.

Top Bottom