About refunds

+
Steam's excuse of "you played more than 2hrs" became a substantially weaker argument the first time they issued a refund to someone with over 2hrs of game play. I can't speak for every case, but with CP2077 and the vast amount of evidence available as to why you should get a refund, I would contact your State Attorney General. I had to go this route with ZeniMax Media and let me tell you, when their legal department got a letter from the SAG they changed their tune and contacted me the same day to resolve it. The last thing a person with a body in their basement wants are cops poking around the house.

It's sad when you have to pull out the big guns right away, but sometimes it's the only way a greedy company will learn. Good luck!

I decided to send a refund request to Steam since the game is not as good as it was advertised. I do not think this will be fixed soon or if updates or patches will solve most of the disappointing game mechanics and choices of CDPR applied to this game.

I decided to send a refund request to Steam since the game is not as good as it was advertised. I do not think this will be fixed soon or if updates or patches will solve most of the disappointing game mechanics and choices of CDPR applied to this game.

Your right. But, this game is amazing, despiste the huge and terrible bugs (and im pretty mad with this) and yes, all ll be fixed soon, very, to say the true and more, a lot of new content.

Anyway, your right and i respect it.

hope you've played less than 2 hours then choomba :)
Fingers crossed I played more than 2 hours and can't pass the prologue since I'm more concerned in my GPU heats up close to 90 degrees Celsius. I saw an article in Reddit that the game does not use the full capability of AMD CPUs but I don't want to mess up with my PC just for Cyberpunk. My PC is more important than a poorly optimized game.

Fingers crossed I played more than 2 hours and can't pass the prologue since I'm more concerned in my GPU heats up close to 90 degrees Celsius. I saw an article in Reddit that the game does not use the full capability of AMD CPUs but I don't to mess with my PC just for Cyberpunk. My PC is more important than a poorly optimized game.
good luck to you, I have in the past managed to get refunds past the 2 hr mark, I was super freaking polite about it too, it depends on how nice a person is that reveiws your request, but it is mostly handled by a bot for the most part, if the first one fails, add more detailed info and try again, I wish you luck

Steam's excuse of "you played more than 2hrs" became a substantially weaker argument the first time they issued a refund to someone with over 2hrs of game play. I can't speak for every case, but with CP2077 and the vast amount of evidence available as to why you should get a refund, I would contact your State Attorney General. I had to go this route with ZeniMax Media and let me tell you, when their legal department got a letter from the SAG they changed their tune and contacted me the same day to resolve it. The last thing a person with a body in their basement wants are cops poking around the house.

It's sad when you have to pull out the big guns right away, but sometimes it's the only way a greedy company will learn. Good luck!
That... is doing way too much for me personally lol.

But I tried the game again, street kid instead of corpo and so far it makes the game much better. I think they honestly wanted you to go one path, and that one path is like.. true story/route. Probably been a better game without any choice

Im confused as to why folks are jumping the gun so early to get refunds before even giving CPR a chance to fix things. I mean shit, give it at least a few weeks ffs.

Yea, my issue isn't false advertisement. I see alot of people that seem to enjoy the game. My problem is that they give me this super non-optimized product which requires of me to download new drivers, tweak and tinker in the settings and restart a bunch of times and when I finally have the space to actually form an opinion and make a decision of the game its too late. That's so weak.

And quite frankly, beneath the image CD Project wants to paint of themselfs.

I'm still awaiting an answer from their support.
Post automatically merged:

one could argue this as well, yea.
What are you saying that you dont expect to install drivers it takes 5 seconds are you that lazy?

Im confused as to why folks are jumping the gun so early to get refunds before even giving CPR a chance to fix things. I mean shit, give it at least a few weeks ffs.
You can't refund for more than 2 weeks or few weeks. I can re buy it if it's polished but letting my money to the void of Cyberpunk right now is not cool at all.

I tried applying for a refund but steam asked me to come here and go back with a screenshot from a CDPR rep, how do I do that?

Well despite the fact that in some cases refunds are time limited, the game possibly or possibly not being sorted out in a few weeks is a piss poor reason not to claim a refund and an even shittier defence of the game. If you had a roaster that didn't work you wouldn't say give it a few weeks for the toaster manufacturer to make it a good toaster.

I tried 3 times, didn't get it, but never know, just depends on everyone and case-by-case basis. I was thinking of trying a fourth time but meh, whatever now.

After finding out the rest of the story(ending) I felt no amount of bug fixing and DLC would really make it enjoyable, but that is my opinion.

And why exactly do you had to open a new post for this? There are enough "Cyberpunk RUINED MY LIFE LAWSUIT FILLED"-cry posts on this forum. Use one of them to share your disappointment with other fellows who feel the same.

And why exactly do you had to open a new post for this? There are enough "Cyberpunk RUINED MY LIFE LAWSUIT FILLED"-cry posts on this forum. Use one of them to share your disappointment with other fellows who feel the same.
I did not know that there is no freedom in posting things at least related to CDPR or the game? You even bother commenting on this thread. I really don't get you. Are you some kind of bouncer or security personal from CDPR? Well for me it's
"Cyberpunk SCAMMED ME LAWSUIT".

I guess because there's a lot of things wrong with Cyberpunk 2077 that isn't about bugs, but rather cut stuff that we'd been told would be in, basic stuff like UI and Interface not even working properly... in short: they promised us a release master.
We expected some bugs, yes.

What we didn't expect was to get a game that was a lot more Beta than it was Release Master.
What we didn't expect was to get a game that, despite two major delays, still not only feels but quite obviously is rushed.

steam has a 2hr play time policy, if you go over that you can't get a refund, it's to stop ppl from "testing games" and then applying for a refund. always read the small print, ppl gotta stop just clicking "accept" all the time
That's not true. I've had the DBZ RPG bought on Steam refunded after 3 and half hours of gameplay.

That's not true. I've had the DBZ RPG bought on Steam refunded after 3 and half hours of gameplay.
After purchase you have 14 days or 2 hours of playtime (whichever comes first) to request a refund for your game. After that period there is no guarantee that Steam will refund your game.

Top Bottom