Ammo Mechanic Issues / Bug

+
I am currently playing CyberPunk 2077 on PC.

There are ammo limits. Pistol - 500; Rifle - 700; Sniper - 100; Shotgun - 100.
That said if you Buy Ammo and/or Craft Ammo over those limits you are wasting in game money / crafting material because ammo over those limits NOT show up in your inventory

Plus you can NOT deposit Ammo in your "STASH" storage. I was able to take ammo out of my 'STASH" for a quest but cannot deposit ammo in 'STASH"

I do not know if this is a game BUG or a game design flaw.
Or I might be missing something.
Any help from forum Members or CD Project Red is appreciated.

Last edited:

Guest 4421288

This happens on PS5 too.

It lets you craft ammo and waste components when ammo limits have already reached limit per ammo type. My components are consumed even though ammo does not go past limit.

During crafting there is no indication of this. It would help to see current ammo levels in this same screen for crafting ammo.

Design flaw for sure because consistently it is the same for every one of my friends on PS4/PS5

That said if you Buy Ammo and/or Craft Ammo over those limits you are wasting in game money / crafting material because ammo over those limits NOT show up in your inventory

Plus you can NOT deposit Ammo in your "STASH" storage. I was able to take ammo out of my 'STASH" for a quest but cannot deposit ammo in 'STASH"

Correction... yes you CAN stash ammo in your storage in your apartment. In order to see your ammo, make sure you select the filter in your inventory to show all items. Ammo will show up there and you can stash it away. However, I'm pretty early in and don't know if there is a limit on how much you can stash.

Thank You for the Tip. This is a HUGE Help.
Correction... yes you CAN stash ammo in your storage in your apartment. In order to see your ammo, make sure you select the filter in your inventory to show all items. Ammo will show up there and you can stash it away. However, I'm pretty early in and don't know if there is a limit on how much you can stash.

Wow yea I was just crafting ammo and noticing my count on weapons didn't go up - because they are at that max.
Will try to store some now! TYVM

This game consists of two things.
SHODDY or BUGS :(

Guest 4421288

FYI You can also access your stash using trunk of your car instead of going back to your apartment

TBH Don't need to stash or buy ammo ever. You can craft ammo on the fly in inventory menu, so pretty much infinite ammo. Just craft ammo before any mission.

Crafting ammo requires "Common" level loot (White gear) which needs to be disassembled into "common" level components. So you need to be a loot goblin over dead enemies and break down gear/weapons not needed.

Scrapper perk is also useful for automatically breaking down junk items for you. But beware it also breaks down jewellery that could of been sold for good cash.

Legendary components are very rare (Orange loot). Definitely be a loot goblin to loot as without it you cannot craft end game legendary weapons. That Smart Legendary sniper rifle, easy headshot and does all elemental damage is insane!

Damn....i didnt know there was even a ammo limit on your character. Hmmm im sure ive gone over that a couple times when i was crafting ammo. No big deal, i deconstruct everything but now that i know....ill be more careful.
Also, yes....great info on how to store the ammo....thank you.

Ah the reasons to join a great forum community.

The limits are realistic in some way but annoying as hell. I loot a lot and never needed to craft or buy ammo due to it being in loot caches almost everywhere, but those limits forces me to sell a lot of ammo in order "not to be wasteful."

Last edited:
@Knottypine79

I am going to my backpack and have selected the show all inventory in the filter and I'm still not seeing all the ammo I bought. I just bought about a thousand rounds of Rifle ammo, but its not showing up there as you stated. Do you know whats going on?

@Knottypine79

I am going to my backpack and have selected the show all inventory in the filter and I'm still not seeing all the ammo I bought. I just bought about a thousand rounds of Rifle ammo, but its not showing up there as you stated. Do you know whats going on?

There are ammo limits depending on what type ammo round it is.
The limits are:

100 shotgun rounds.
100 sniper rounds.
500 pistol rounds.
700 rifle rounds.

Anything over that goes into ammunition purgatory.

You can store these stacks (only one stack of each kind at a time) in your apartment storage and your trunk storage if you wish. Theyre separate storages so keep that in mind as well.

Also, you shouldnt ever have to buy ammo. Deconstruct everything and youll have enough mats to just craft your own.

Last edited:
Did 1.2.1 patch reduce the amount of starting ammo? I had like one clip while doing The Rescue and had to resort to using 'nades until I was able to loot ammo off of a corpse.

I don't know, always use stealth in this quest. all scavs die without a shot.
It's not Jackie's style, but it's rather Nova :D
I hate being short of cash so the guns and items are a source of much needed revenue. ;)

Besides, only a gonk carries one extra magazine for his weapon when he are expecting trouble? That's goes against the think dangerous / be dangerous mantra of the pen & paper game. :giggle:

I hate being short of cash so the guns and items are a source of much needed revenue. ;)

With the weapons, you should disassemble anything worth less than about E$80, because you will get more (or near enough) in terms of crafting components. Ie if you sell a cheap white quality gun, you might get as little as E$15, but if you disassemble it you should get 9 common and 4 uncommon components which would cost you 9x5 + 4x8 to buy, or E$77. Different types of items will give different amounts of components so do check first.

Selling components isnt really worth it any more since 1.2 changed the values. This also means that there is little point trying to make anything to sell for a profit until you get 14 in your Technical Stat and pick up the Cost Optimisation Perk, preferably both ranks. By then you should have epic sniper specs or epic outer garment specs and be able to make a bit of profit on them. The amount of profit will increase as you gain ranks, stats, levels etc.

In the early game, I got most money from selling Jewellery items, (Junk but worth 750,) hacking data access points, completing NCPD crime in progress hustles and completing side gigs. Wasnt overflwoing with cash, but got by.

(...)

In the early game, I got most money from selling Jewellery items, (Junk but worth 750,) hacking data access points, completing NCPD crime in progress hustles and completing side gigs. Wasnt overflwoing with cash, but got by.

yeah i also managed to get 2/3 of my legendary cyberware mods with just selling loot. (tho i only have reflex and body at 18 atm still leveling cool tho) - but even without any bonus perk (im just at tech 12 for this build, no int at all) - loot money nearly covers all u need. vehicles and a big wardrobe become a bit grindy tho. i still think the tech tree makes everything easier nowadays but i dont like to invest in it in every build... so my current char only gets what he really needs and not what he actually want to own for rpg or glam... maybe later in endgame if every build-must-have is setteled. currently im at lvl 35 - just missing my cool-related legendary cyberware on the way to 50.

Top Bottom