[Game-Breaking Bug] Can't progress through the "Play it Safe" main story quest

+

Believe it or not, this worked for me. I'd try it if you have no other options.

This worked for me! Fast traveling to the motel, re-entering the terminal and clicking where I am already, then waited 24 hours and he called immediately. Thanks a ton :)

On the questline "play it safe", on the part where all 3 snipers have been taken out and I am at the Net Runner where I need to disconnect her from the Net. I am standing right next to her and nothing pops up, no prompt, action..nada. Have laoded as far back as possible a few times and redone the quest. Still the same! So i am pretty much stuck

Ok, finally figured it out. You have to play through the afterlife quest line involving hellman. Not sure why that wasn't specifically pointed out by anyone here already. At that time your "clocks ticking" percent will be 30% and you can do the 24-wait-and-reload-area stuff everyone's talking about above.

Ok, finally figured it out. You have to play through the afterlife quest line involving hellman. Not sure why that wasn't specifically pointed out by anyone here already. At that time your "clocks ticking" percent will be 30% and you can do the 24-wait-and-reload-area stuff everyone's talking about above.

I'd already done all of that at that point. If anyone is still stuck, try what was in the posted earlier

Ok yeah I just got it working I think it is the 30% thing I saw it go up from 20% to 30% and I got the call immediately. :) farewell probably wont look at these forums anymore or atleast until the next major bug. Adiós😘

On the questline "play it safe", on the part where all 3 snipers have been taken out and I am at the Net Runner where I need to disconnect her from the Net. I am standing right next to her and nothing pops up, no prompt, action..nada. Have laoded as far back as possible a few times and redone the quest. Still the same! So i am pretty much stuck
I am getting the same, if anyone has a fix it would be much appreciated.

The game locks once every few minutes
ps4 Erro (CE-34878-0)
In new ubdate v1.4 for ps4

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_191131_528.jpg
    IMG_20201212_191131_528.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 131
I'm having this same issue, and have tried everything to fix it, and I cant even restart the mission because I dont have a save file to revert to before I started "play it safe"

Believe it or not - skip 24h and kill yourself. I did sleeping in bed with a time skip, and then just jumped from that floor to my death. After reloading checkpoint - Takamura called.

Also having the same problem, tried damn near everything in this thread to no avail. Already had to load back 9 hours to fix a bug with Disasterpiece, really not tryna do that again.

I am getting the same, if anyone has a fix it would be much appreciated.
Yeah, i have tried repairing the game and even a reinstall...still the same!
Post automatically merged:

I'm having this same issue, and have tried everything to fix it, and I cant even restart the mission because I dont have a save file to revert to before I started "play it safe"
Yeah, i have tried repairing the game and even a reinstall...still the same!

I had the exact same issue. try running away from the mission back on the main street where you came from. as soon as i got a little away from the mission she called me.

edit: i also skipped ahead 24 hours before doing so

Hi,
I can confirm that this is related to the 30% progress of "clocks ticking" but the progress seems to be bugged. I had finished the questline with the voodoo boys and the questline in which you shoot the AV with the emp. After those questlines I started the questline with Takamura.
However I started to roam and do worldquests and thought he'll maybe call the next hours but he didn't.
My process on "clock ticking" was also 20% and no main quests available except of "play it safe".
So I tried first to repair my game today... it loaded about 28 MB (I am on PC with GOG Galaxy). Then I started to play again and did the diving quest with Judy.
After the diving quest I tried the quick travel to the Sunset Motel and skipped 24h there. Then I started to wait (in game just afk some minutes)... I got some cell phone messages and then I got a call from I think a women called Mendez or something. I thought "okay lets proceed with that" (I am already lvl30 and streetcred 50...). After the quest where I had to watch a braindance, Takamura called and I immediately checked my progress on "clock ticking" it was now 30%. I also restarted the game thanks to some graphic issues and i noticed I had a different loading screen now. The whole time I had the loading screen with the netrunner chairs in the basement of the voodoo boys but now I had the loading screen with the crashed AV.
I dont know why but I think somehow after the repair the fast travel to the Motel and waiting there for some moments triggered the game to push "clock ticking" to 30% thats what i assume but might be just coincidence.

Read in another thread that "clocks ticking" had to be at 30%+ to trigger. Can anyone confirm or debunk?
I read this a lot of times too and already thought this must be it. But yesterday I've been at a friends place and saw him doing the "Play it Safe" Mission. His Main Mission progress Was 50/15/10 so apparently it Has nothing to Do witht the progress at "Clocks Ticking" since He got the Call from takemura right away After doing one side quests and Quick wait 24hrs.

Top Bottom