Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

+

Do you think CDPR will respond to the criticisms of its story, endings and gameplay?

• Yes

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 68 67.3%

• Total voters
They have already responded, in part: 'we underestimate the magnitude of a game like this'. What they need to tell everyone is what they will do going forward with the game.
If they underestimated it, it either should've been made by someone else or they should have spent more time on it, to be honest. They really do need to tell everyone their future plans from here, though, that is true.

I am concerned with how quiet CDPR is now we are voicing our criticisms. A lot of us are unsatisfied with the game. We don't expect them to rewrite the whole story, we just want the things we do in-game to matter. We want choices and the option to carry on as V in a happier ending. We want our romances to matter, and not to just be left when the story ends. We want a world that doesn't feel emptier than Watch Dogs on release day. We want the things we were promised, the things this game was delayed for but never received. Will CDPR address these concerns? What happened to "You can't save the world, but you can save yourself"?

They won't. Was a good game but too easy, finished very hard without sweating. Also, after spending 44 hrs in the game, having done most of the side quests, gigs and main story, I can easily claim that this game can be completed in 55-60 hrs, ON VERY-HARD, If you speed-run it unlike me grinding unnecessary upgrades and rayfields, you can probably finish it all in 40-45 hrs. Combat was sooo fun, sucks that we get 3-4 bosses the WHOLE GAME, and anyone else gets one shot after level 20 if you specd correctly.

They won't. Was a good game but too easy, finished very hard without sweating. Also, after spending 44 hrs in the game, having done most of the side quests, gigs and main story, I can easily claim that this game can be completed in 55-60 hrs, ON VERY-HARD, If you speed-run it unlike me grinding unnecessary upgrades and rayfields, you can probably finish it all in 40-45 hrs. Combat was sooo fun, sucks that we get 3-4 bosses the WHOLE GAME, and anyone else gets one shot after level 20 if you specd correctly.

can you sum up best perks-gun for the game?

Damn, are the endings that bad?
No.

The endings are fine.

Sure, the game lacks a truly good ending but saying the endings we got are bad is just plain wrong.

But I can only speak for me and the user above that claimed that endings are bad can only speak for his own self.

I am concerned with how quiet CDPR is now we are voicing our criticisms. A lot of us are unsatisfied with the game. We don't expect them to rewrite the whole story, we just want the things we do in-game to matter. We want choices and the option to carry on as V in a happier ending. We want our romances to matter, and not to just be left when the story ends. We want a world that doesn't feel emptier than Watch Dogs on release day. We want the things we were promised, the things this game was delayed for but never received. Will CDPR address these concerns? What happened to "You can't save the world, but you can save yourself"?

I have found in my 20+ years on online gaming is that the Devs tend to be hard at work... they are quite because every time they have to post somewhere it means time taken away from Development time

So, right now the Devs will need to be hard at work making sure bugs are fixed to fight negative criticism and the endless troll bandwagons....

This will be a very important time for the Devs to keep our Faith and Trust in them to do the right thing... so only time will tell and for the Devs they will need to do as much as possible to fix the Bugs in as short as time as possible

Damn, are the endings that bad?
To me, yes, very much so. You also can't play after the endings, which makes sense though.

Death. You die. One ending seems sort of happy, you live for 6 more months! Only I guess it isn't you and a copy of you, so in actuality. You die. Which is why the game ends as well, have to make a new game or load previous save. You don't win, Night City does.

Well it was a blast while it lasted but i guess once you become a big company the great story telling gets shredded. I liked the game 99% of the time even with bugs etc.
I made many saves before the endings to see the difference so i would know which one to take when i start my second playthrough.

Turns out my motivation decreased 99% after seeing my options for all the endings.......

It is a shame watching a good studio about story telling not understanding how to finish one without gutting the playerbase emotions.
Don't get me wrong the game is great. Night City looks awesome. But playing for days and trying to save V with almost no break only to see the options you get (Endings) makes you depressed.....

Well it was a blast while it lasted but i guess once you become a big company the great story telling gets shredded. I liked the game 99% of the time even with bugs etc.
I made many saves before the endings to see the difference so i would know which one to take when i start my second playthrough.

Turns out my motivation decreased 99% after seeing my options for all the endings.......

It is a shame watching a good studio about story telling not understanding how to finish one without gutting the playerbase emotions.
Don't get me wrong the game is great. Night City looks awesome. But playing for days and trying to save V with almost no break only to see the options you get (Endings) makes you depressed.....

But there is hope.

In Nomad ending you are being told by Johnny to keep fighting. Misty sees the Sun in your future. Panam tells you that you will find a cure. Damn, even your own character says that. The fight isn't over!

Back during the Witcher III days, CDPR was private, meaning they could comment to their hearts content, and nothing really changed.

Now that they are public, every comment needs to be scrutinized, to ensure it's not going to drop stocks by .01% point. Its the irony of CP2077, its an anti-capitalism game, being made by a company hyper focused now on its bottom line and its shareholders.

So the chance we will get an honest comment like we did with the Witcher III is slim to none.

Poor Hollie Bennett is just going to be made to put out some more corporate shill propaganda again. Really they should have just used her as the anchor for N54 news in game.

This sort of question was raised a few times back with The Witcher III, so I'll offer some insights from those days. If the REDs seem silent, it's almost certainly because they are still hard at work investigating and fixing issues with the game, rather than spending their time responding to posts. After all, they are receiving incredible amounts of feedback. They tend to prioritise work over addressing every topic with a statement. While this may be frustrating for some players, who would like to see more public communications, I can assure everyone that that Devs are well aware of players' feedback, complaints, and frustration.

I advise patience. It's still early, and I suspect there will be more updates and patches to come, in response to players' input.
I cannot tell you how much I wanna believe. And that their response will be the right one too.
Post automatically merged:

Back during the Witcher III days, CDPR was private, meaning they could comment to their hearts content, and nothing really changed.

Now that they are public, every comment needs to be scrutinized, to ensure it's not going to drop stocks by .01% point. Its t he irony of CP2077, its an anti-capitalism game, being made by a company hyper focused now on its bottom line and its shareholders.

So the chance we will get an honest comment like we did with the Witcher III is slim to none.

Poor Hollie Bennett is just going to be made to put out some more corporate shill propaganda again. Really they should have just used her as the anchor for N54 news in game.
That is my fear too. The company itself has change on it's fundamentals. Not the same team, not the same motives.

This sort of question was raised a few times back with The Witcher III, so I'll offer some insights from those days. If the REDs seem silent, it's almost certainly because they are still hard at work investigating and fixing issues with the game, rather than spending their time responding to posts. After all, they are receiving incredible amounts of feedback. They tend to prioritise work over addressing every topic with a statement. While this may be frustrating for some players, who would like to see more public communications, I can assure everyone that that Devs are well aware of players' feedback, complaints, and frustration.

I advise patience. It's still early, and I suspect there will be more updates and patches to come, in response to players' input.
I really hope and want to believe you. Also yes it is good that they rather focus on working then answering posts, but your statement that they are receiving player feedback and are aware of the frustration still does not mean they will listen.

And I do not mean to offend, but the product that was released, not talking about the bugs, show that they did not really listen to what players wanted. So I am currently, like many, very skeptical but I do hope.

Just hoping you understand why consumers like me feel very betrayed right now, and thank you for responding.

Just hoping you understand why consumers like me feel very betrayed right now, and thank you for responding.
Speaking broadly, personally, I understand some of the frustration and disappointment, to a degree. I have no insight into development plans, of course, and cannot promise anything, but, for everyone's sake, I would hope future updates could bring more satisfaction to many, if not all, players. Based on Witcher III's experience, it seems very likely, though it could be a gradual process, as the REDs took players' feedback into account, as they updated that game over time. That's not to say that every suggestion or request may be met or addressed, but I'm inclined to believe that CDPR will take their audience's input and concerns seriously. They've done so in the past, and have continued to do so, frequently, in Gwent, so I see little reason to doubt that they shall respond to players again, in due time.

Once more, these are generalities. I'm not referring to any specific topic or outcry players have raised about Cyberpunk. I can merely offer my speculations, based upon my five-year association with the company. I still advise patience, trust, and, of course, civility, above all else.

What I would like to see is some sort of statement from Kicinski or Iwinski before Christmas. Just to share with everyone what are their plans exactly for the nearest future of this game. Are we getting in Q1 of 2021 more content and serious updates or just bug fixes and regular patches. Is game completed with 100% intended content, and nothing is missing, or they cut a lot of things in final months and we getting that later ?

Preordered, no regrets. Still playing it after 60 hours and I am having so much fun.
I don't feel offended by this game, nobody need to apologize me for this launch. But CDPR can do much better than this :)

I haven't completed the game yet so I can't comment on how I personally feel about the story and ending, but really whether you like the story or not and how it ends is a matter of perspective so I don't imagine they will respond to criticisms of that any more than I would expect a writer to respond to criticisms of their books or films or whatever. As for the gameplay issues some are a matter of perspective too, but some are just plain bad, like the AI. I do hope they at least fix the worst problems, if not comment on it, but if I don't like how the story pans out, I would be disappointed but I wouldn't feel like I need them to respond to criticisms I have of the story.

What I would like to see is some sort of statement from Kicinski or Iwinski before Christmas. Just to share with everyone what are their plans exactly for the nearest future of this game. Are we getting in Q1 of 2021 more content and serious updates or just bug fixes and regular patches. Is game completed with 100% intended content, and nothing is missing, or they cut a lot of things in final months and we getting that later ?

Preordered, no regrets. Still playing it after 60 hours and I am having so much fun.
I don't feel offended by this game, nobody need to apologize me for this launch. But CDPR can do much better than this :)
This is exactly the kind of reply I hoped I'd read on this thread. Some sort of statement, yes.

How much of the Witcher 3's main story and gameplay elements were fundamentally altered or significantly expanded on post-release? Genuinely curious because I only bought it years after the fact. Whatever the degree was, that's the most we can honestly expect will happen.

Someone asked them on that investors call and they completely ignored it lol

Top Bottom