Lackluster romance options for gay men!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the 7 romance options, all but 2 are women and only one man is available for male V- Kerry.

Straight men have 4 options, Lesbians have 4 options, gays have 1, and bisexuals have a buffet of mostly women and 1 guy depending on whether they chose Vincent or Valerie.

What? There is about 1 for everyone. Straight men have Panam. Lesbians have Judy. Straight women have River, and Gay men have Kerry. There is a bonus for straight male corpo, and that Meredith, but she's not a romance option. It's just a fling. Who are all these options you are talking about?

Keive

Forum regular
I didn't like much of any of the romance options, but there a full 7 though? One is just a one night stand btw.
EDIT:
Other people just commented so yeah it's pretty even except for there are 2 for straight guys, but one is, as said before, one night stand. Wish Misty was an option tho :/

What? There is about 1 for everyone. Straight men have Panam. Lesbians have Judy. Straight women have River, and Gay men have Kerry. There is a bonus for straight male corpo, and that Meredith, but she's not a romance option. It's just a fling. Who are all these options you are talking about?

Incorrect. Meredith Stout is bisexual, not straight, and therefore available to Lesbians, Heterosexuals and Bisexuals.

But yes, not counting her as a romance would reduce that number by one.

But then there's Rogue and, according to some sources, Alt?

I may be operating on some bad info myself.

Incorrect. Meredith stout is bisexual, not straight, and therefore available to Lesbians, Heterosexuals and Bisexuals.

But yes, not counting her as a romance would reduce that number by one.

But then there's Rogue and, according to some sources, Alt?

I may be operating on some bad info myself.

Those 2 are romances for Johnny, not the player.

edit: no matter if your V is male or female, it will be Johnny who will romance those two.

Doesn't he take over the player's body? Do you not experience the events from Johnny's perspective?

You could debate whether they count, but I'm counting them.
you chose rather or not to let Johnny control your body, to rekindle his relationship with rogue. It's not a romance. And you meet alt in a flash back when you play as Johnny. count them if you wish, but they are not romances.

you choose whether or not to let Johnny control your body, to rekindle his relationship with Rogue. It's not a romance. You meet alt in a flash back when you play as Johnny. Count them if you wish, but they are not romances.

Counting them as romances makes them romances. That's what counting them means.

You're free to NOT count them as romances if you like, but that's the basis for my numbers- 4 romances for straight players, 4 for lesbians, and 1 for gay men- and yes, I'm also counting Meredith as a romance. Not all romances are long term. So long as it wasn't a business transaction, like with Joytoys, it's a romance.

Are you serious though ? Are you really counting the annoying fact that a guy in our brain is having a romance ? Lol. There is nothing happening with Rogue by the way. It fails miserably. It's still about Johnny. Do you think that Anyone could be satisfied with that ? And Meredith isn't at all a romance, it's just weird sex. Disappointing. Otherwise you might as well claim that the male joytoy is one romance too. That's about the same.

I wish they didn't waste the romance content budget for that.

Everyone has only one romance option.

Are you serious though? Are you really counting the annoying fact that a guy in our brain is having a romance? Lol. There is nothing happening with Rogue by the way. It fails miserably. It's still about Johnny. Do you think that Anyone could be satisfied with that? And Meredith isn't at all a romance, it's just weird sex. Disappointing. Otherwise you might as well claim that the male joytoy is one romance too. That's about the same.

I wish they didn't waste the romance content budget for that.

Everyone has only one romance option.

Technically romance is "a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love". Some of the best romances are short lived. So yes, even a single night of kinky sex can be considered a romance. That's just a fact. Likewise, a movie night with Rogue, even one that doesn't end in sex, can also be considered a romance- especially due to their history together.

Alt, Rogue and Meredith have been categorized by some as "secondary romances". As seen here:

So if you don't count them, then yes- that's true- there's one for each orientation, not counting bisexuals. But I, and clearly many others, are counting them.
Post automatically merged:

Not gonna read this thread, I'm just glad there are actually romance options. :)
7 options too? wow ok then

Only one option for gay men though.

Technically romance is "a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love". Some of the best romances are short lived. So yes, even a single night of kinky sex can be considered a romance. That's just a fact. Likewise, a movie night with Rogue, even one that doesn't end in sex, can also be considered a romance- especially due to their history together.

Alt, Rogue and Meredith have been categorized by some as "secondary romances". As seen here:

So if you don't count them, then yes- that's true- there's one for each orientation, not counting bisexuals. But I, and clearly many others, are counting them.

Only one option for gay men though.
You have no Idea what means the word romance then. It involves more than a one night stand for fun and a simple reward by your boss because you did a good job, without any feeling toward each other. Meredith is clearly not interested. The same for Rogue still in love with Johnny, nothing to do with us. And there is nothing happening with her by the way. What is written in the romance guide is irrelevant, almost insulting. A romance involves more than sex and there are feelings between each other. If there are so many folks disappointed, It's maybe because they kinda failed to deliver in this department unlike the witcher 3 where you had two real romances and you could count them as such.

As for Johnny with Alt, It's his story, his romance, It's obligatory part of the main story, we can't escape it, witnessing what happened, It's like watching a movie, nothing to do with our character. That doesn't make any sense to count his sexual experiences and life story as a straight romance option..... I'm even astonished you could ever think that the story of someone else might be something considered as our own romance.

WTF dude.

The same for Rogue still in love with Johnny, nothing to do with us. And there is nothing happening with her by the way.

As for Johnny with Alt, it's his story, his romance, it's obligatory part of the main story, we can't escape it, witnessing what happened, it's like watching a movie, nothing to do with our character. That doesn't make any sense to count his sexual experiences and life story as a straight romance option...

I'm even astonished you could ever think that the story of someone else might be something considered as our own romance.

WTF dude.

Again, Johnny and V are slowly becoming the same person, and you, the player, are witnessing and influencing these events through their eyes. Vincent's romances are no more or less "our own" than Johnny's.

You play the game from the perspective of V. Sometimes the perspective switches to Johnny. And you can even make choices while playing as Johnny, same as you can as V, that slightly change the course of events.

Such as your last words to Kerry. Or whether or not you flirt with Rogue before entering the copter.

Speaking of, are you saying Rogue and Johnny don't have deep feelings for each other? That there isn't an attraction there? Because of course there is.

Jackie and Misty are separate characters with their own (admittedly tragic) romance. I don't count them, because at no point do you, the player, play as them. Counting THEM would be odd. Counting Johnny's relationships is just natural.

You have no Idea what means the word romance then. It involves more than a one night stand for fun and a simple reward by your boss because you did a good job, without any feeling toward each other. Meredith is clearly not interested.

Boss? Meredith isn't your boss. She's never your employer. You cut a deal, once, and you have a casual tryst later at the no-tell motel.

And yes- even that is romance. LITERALLY.

One of the definitions of romance is to have a love affair. One of the definitions of love affair is "a romantic or sexual relationship between two people, especially one that is outside marriage".

Romance is a very broad term and you're confusing it for something else entirely. It can be short or long, sexual or non-sexual. Don't try to lecture others on the meaning of words when you barely have a grasp on their meaning yourself.

Oh. And I hate the Witcher games. Almost exclusively because of the romance options. That's the downside of playing an rpg game as a "static" character with a preestablished lore that includes a sexual preference. Hard to immerse yourself when you're a gay man. Straight men's brains are just wired different, I swear.

Although Vincent/Valorie may as well be static, since their personality is the same regardless and you can't even pick your own name, and you very seldom get to see your character aside from in a mirror or when riding a bike in third person. But I'm glad they left them at least slightly open ended.

you chose rather or not to let Johnny control your body, to rekindle his relationship with rogue. It's not a romance. And you meet alt in a flash back when you play as Johnny. count them if you wish, but they are not romances.
But if you won't you even would not be able to romance Kerry.
And forcing sex scene with Alt on everyone is not a good idea I think, no matter is Johnny straight or not.

Last edited:
But if you won't you even would not be able to romance Kerry.
And forcing sex scene on everyone is not a good idea I think, no matter is Johnny straight or not.

Crud, you have to sit through all that hetero bs to get a chance to be with Kerry, the only gay romance option?

It's worse than I thought. Terrible choice.

Crud, you have to sit through all that hetero bs to get a chance to be with Kerry, the only gay romance option?

Sorry, what I wrote is that you don't have to romance Rogue, but you have to help them rekindle their relationship.
But in the main story there is a forced sex scene with Alt in Johnny memories.

There is about 1 for everyone. Straight men have Panam. Lesbians have Judy. Straight women have River, and Gay men have Kerry.
That is... disappointing. Why is everything so limited? Was hoping to romance Panam with my female V but we get Judy? Isn't she already totally head over heels for that prostitute that screwed us over? And we are supposed to clean up her sloppy seconds? Who thought that was a good choice for a romance? And then, that's it? The Meredith thing is never expanded on either? What a let down.

There is one proper romance for everyone (unless you're bi). Which sucks for everyone. The romances should be patched playersexual, being the most cost-effective option for the most gain in player choice and experience.

That is... disappointing. Why is everything so limited? Was hoping to romance Panam with my female V but we get Judy? Isn't she already totally head over heels for that prostitute that screwed us over? And we are supposed to clean up her sloppy seconds? Who thought that was a good choice for a romance? And then, that's it? The Meredith thing is never expanded on either? What a let down.

Ironically, you can romance Panam with all the f/f dialogues voiced, but you need a male body. The same is true of River with all m/m romance dialogues voiced (I just had to ignore my body type and you hardly see yourself anyway). So my tinfoil hat says that they were originally bi but changed so that straight players wouldn't (reasonably so) cry foul that gay players got more options. Regardless, as all the dialogues are in the game anyway, it should be easy to patch it so that body type is ignored by them, effectively making them bi romances. But CDProjekt Red has to know we want that before they'll consider it.

Kerry is hands down the worst of the 4 options IMO. The other 3 are good, genuine people who actually care about V and Kerry comes off more as an arrogant, lazy, aggressive one night stand who doesn't really GAF about V until the epilogue (if you boned).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom