If romance DLC becomes a thing who do you want to have added?

+
So another big complaint I’ve been seeing is a lack of romance options and depth to the options that we have. Again I can’t help but to compare CDPR to the other big name in the RPG genre: BioWare. BioWare has been giving us multiple romances deeply woven into the plot since all the way back in Knights of the Old Republic 2, basically making it a staple of the choice genre. Here again though we find Cyberpunk lacking.

Looking back at the old “any attractive male love interests?” thread you can see how much diversity people were expecting and the two or three that people were 100% certain that we were going to get. Only to only get one and have his canon sexuality erased.

Then there is the “Flings” otherwise known as two joytoys and a Stout. Here is another one people were expecting some variety without even expecting plots to go with them. Honestly I don’t personally care too much about this one as it is mainly just a quick sexy scene for fun, but I also don’t think it would kill CDPR to design a pair of joytoys for each section of NC appealing to the themes of the location. Like cyber ware heavy joytoys for Maelstrom controlled Watson, more POC in Pacifica, etc.

That said there is always hope with DLC so I pose the question to you now that we have met a variety of characters who do you want to see added with DLC be it proper romance, fling, or an expanded current romance?

hmmm, cyborg romance options?
220px-SevenofNine.jpg

Everyone want life, answers ... but maybe they don't exist in games. However, I add myself to those who ask for more interactivity in Cyberpunk, about romantic couples.

We live in a difficult time and it - it seems - will last a long time. I think the CD could be sensitive to that and prepare something special for us as an 'escape valve'.

I also feel alone ... but I have lived, in a way, life.

Everyone want life, answers ... but maybe they don't exist in games. However, I add myself to those who ask for more interactivity in Cyberpunk, about romantic couples.

We live in a difficult time and it - it seems - will last a long time. I think the CD could be sensitive to that and prepare something special for us as an 'escape valve'.

I also feel alone ... but I have lived, in a way, life.
so... maybe they should add a Night City version of Tinder for those lonely souls that play this game.

Personally I want to see more male love interests so I’d like to put forth the following two romances and a fling:

1. Viktor Vector - This is the one man that people were absolutely convinced would be a big Fem V LI, even if not all were thrilled about the age gap. From the very first demo and demo reviews we had hints that he would be an LI with his unselected “tension rising” dialogue option and some reviewers claiming he was nicer to female V. His design also got cleaned up to be a bit more traditionally handsome and even the art book make a point of mentioning his rippling muscles! I have a huge suspicion he was planned as an LI but dropped at some point.

2. Takemura - Honestly this was another one that people were expecting that I just didn’t get. However once I actually got to play and met him as a character I got a big hit of “oh shit this could be interesting!” Seriously one slap and I was like lets get this enemies to lovers train a rolling!

3. Dum Dum (Fling) - So if The Pick Up rewards you with sex for screwing over Maelstrom why not make it a equal reward and give us one for screwing Militech. Plenty of people find Dum Dum weirdly hot and I mean come on he compliments us and gifts us the inhaler we shared.

so... maybe they should add a Night City version of Tinder for those lonely souls that play this game.

Let me put it to you like this. Those of us who want more legit LI options want them for the story not the 20 second sex scenes. I don’t keep romancing Solas in Dragon Age for sexy times, I do it because it is one of the most epic/tragic love stories In fantasy.

Let me put it to you like this. Those of us who want more legit LI options want them for the story not the 20 second sex scenes. I don’t keep romancing Solas in Dragon Age for sexy times, I do it because it is one of the most epic/tragic love stories In fantasy.
I didn't realise CP2077 was a dating/relationship simulator game, I thought it was a futuristic,dystopian rpg, my bad....

Romance should be longer than just few message and then a sex scene of 10 second ( how can you even fap to that ).
There should be choice and consequence.
Give us dating and for example for Meredith give us choice that we could romance her to a point that she would allow you to do mission for Militech, give us or sell us weapon from Militech, and maybe at some point introduce us to the corpo side of Night City !

Stout, and some kind of male corpo too.

I expected FAR more involvement from Stout really. I expected her to be an important story character. I expected that I would have to make a decision whether to sell myself to Militech or stay on the street kid path. But the story doesn't really make that kind of branching.

In general I would prefer all possible options to not be elderly (70+ years old). The idea grinds my gears somewhat even though I have a female V.
Yet
the Male V's romance options are apparently exactly that. Kerry and Rogue are both in their seventies

Last edited:
I wasnt really expecting Mass Effect type romance, but Witcher 3 did a really good job with it i thought. Now in that game yes you're stuck playing Geralt so they didnt have to have every option available, but i thought the main Jennifer/Triss and Keira fling were good. Those were well plotted out romance that had multiple stages/missions to get to the decisions point where you decide to commit. The problem now though i think with adding some romance options is that this game is too open ended with the character. Geralt was a defined character and they didnt have to go out of their way to have a type of option for everyone as there is no character creator, Geralt had a story himself already which you cant really deviate too much from. With the way Cyberpunk is set in Night City where basically anything goes, they are going to have to add a lot of different options to give the most choice to character. If they do just basic romance choices there will be backlash from others about how its not inclusive enough. They'd really have to spend a lot of time on this to get it fleshed out properly and i dont think that is the focus right now. Maybe once all the bugs and glitches are fixed and games runs as good as it will they can focus on adding some other options in DLC.

I wasnt really expecting Mass Effect type romance, but Witcher 3 did a really good job with it i thought. Now in that game yes you're stuck playing Geralt so they didnt have to have every option available, but i thought the main Jennifer/Triss and Keira fling were good. Those were well plotted out romance that had multiple stages/missions to get to the decisions point where you decide to commit. The problem now though i think with adding some romance options is that this game is too open ended with the character. Geralt was a defined character and they didnt have to go out of their way to have a type of option for everyone as there is no character creator, Geralt had a story himself already which you cant really deviate too much from. With the way Cyberpunk is set in Night City where basically anything goes, they are going to have to add a lot of different options to give the most choice to character. If they do just basic romance choices there will be backlash from others about how its not inclusive enough. They'd really have to spend a lot of time on this to get it fleshed out properly and i dont think that is the focus right now. Maybe once all the bugs and glitches are fixed and games runs as good as it will they can focus on adding some other options in DLC.

"but Witcher 3 did a really good job with it i thought" - yes, do...BUT, after the end... so empty :(

So another big complaint I’ve been seeing is a lack of romance options and depth to the options that we have. Again I can’t help but to compare CDPR to the other big name in the RPG genre: BioWare. BioWare has been giving us multiple romances deeply woven into the plot since all the way back in Knights of the Old Republic 2, basically making it a staple of the choice genre. Here again though we find Cyberpunk lacking.

Looking back at the old “any attractive male love interests?” thread you can see how much diversity people were expecting and the two or three that people were 100% certain that we were going to get. Only to only get one and have his canon sexuality erased.

Then there is the “Flings” otherwise known as two joytoys and a Stout. Here is another one people were expecting some variety without even expecting plots to go with them. Honestly I don’t personally care too much about this one as it is mainly just a quick sexy scene for fun, but I also don’t think it would kill CDPR to design a pair of joytoys for each section of NC appealing to the themes of the location. Like cyber ware heavy joytoys for Maelstrom controlled Watson, more POC in Pacifica, etc.

That said there is always hope with DLC so I pose the question to you now that we have met a variety of characters who do you want to see added with DLC be it proper romance, fling, or an expanded current romance?
I haven't romanced anyone in my game yet, so don't know how that works. So will leave that out.
I tried one of the joy toys, just to check it out. And it's pretty much as it normally is in games, handled in a lame and uninstering way i think. :)

So personally, I would completely overhaul it. The bars should have random generated dates in them and mini games linked to this. So you could go here and try to pick up someone or they would try to pick you up, this should obviously be possible to ignore and should be seen more as a fun element or extra functionality.

But how it could work as I see it, is that it would be some sort of "Finding the best match" game, where you are trying to figure out which of these people would be the best match.
So both V and these dates have 3 "desires" each which are randomly given to you when you activate it, and you as a player have to try to find the one that matches V's desires the best. And would be based on things you could do in the bar, so maybe V want to dance, drink or whatever. And the player will have to try to figure out whether these dates want that to or not, but at no point is it revealed to the player, they have to guess based on the reaction of the date or it could be linked to a hidden roll, which give you a clue of how much the NPC seem to enjoy that thing and how certain V is about it. So it would be a sort of guessing game and just taking a chance.
When you are satisfied with testing them, you can then choose which one you think is the best match and they can go home and have some fun. After that is done, you are then told how correct you were and based on that, you either get a debuff or a buff for the next 24 hours ingame time illustrating how successful the date was.

Personally, I think most games are to afraid of handling these things in a fun and mature way, it doesn't need to be extremely deep, but if they have decided that it should be in the game, they might as well make it part of the gameplay as I see it.

I haven't romanced anyone in my game yet, so don't know how that works. So will leave that out.
I tried one of the joy toys, just to check it out. And it's pretty much as it normally is in games, handled in a lame and uninstering way i think. :)

So personally, I would completely overhaul it. The bars should have random generated dates in them and mini games linked to this. So you could go here and try to pick up someone or they would try to pick you up, this should obviously be possible to ignore and should be seen more as a fun element or extra functionality.

But how it could work as I see it, is that it would be some sort of "Finding the best match" game, where you are trying to figure out which of these people would be the best match.
So both V and these dates have 3 "desires" each which are randomly given to you when you activate it, and you as a player have to try to find the one that matches V's desires the best. And would be based on things you could do in the bar, so maybe V want to dance, drink or whatever. And the player will have to try to figure out whether these dates want that to or not, but at no point is it revealed to the player, they have to guess based on the reaction of the date or it could be linked to a hidden roll, which give you a clue of how much the NPC seem to enjoy that thing and how certain V is about it. So it would be a sort of guessing game and just taking a chance.
When you are satisfied with testing them, you can then choose which one you think is the best match and they can go home and have some fun. After that is done, you are then told how correct you were and based on that, you either get a debuff or a buff for the next 24 hours ingame time illustrating how successful the date was.

Personally, I think most games are to afraid of handling these things in a fun and mature way, it doesn't need to be extremely deep, but if they have decided that it should be in the game, they might as well make it part of the gameplay as I see it.
apparently romances are somewhat decent although lacking in actual people you can romance. they have sorta character/romance arcs where you do quests for them and stuff like that.

apparently romances are somewhat decent although lacking in actual people you can romance. they have sorta character/romance arcs where you do quests for them and stuff like that.
As I said haven't tried it, so have no clue.

I do however still feel that the bars and their functionality is a bit lacking, at least from what I have seen.

Top Bottom