Non 16:9 aspect ratio specific bugs

+
In 21:9 aspect ratio one HUD element to the right is cut off. In 21:9 the hacking screen is buggy as some HUD elements are cut off outside the 16:9 box. In 21:9 the photo mode (N) the mouse is locked to a 16:9 box, problem the UI extends to the borders of the screen meaning you can't reach half of the options. In 21:9 the fast travel menu is cut off as well.
In 21:9 top of the bar HUD is off-center.
Sometimes after dying the game adds black bars on the side of the screen, only restarting the game will remove these.

Bug that was reported to me as well:
In 16:3, it cuts off 5%-ish into my center monitor and everything right of that is gone. All menus are unusable. Dialog is impossible because I never know what I'm selecting. No mini map. No real map. Had to start the game and do character creation with surround turned off, and the game is still pretty much unplayable in surround .

It would be very nice if we could move around every HUD element.

Ah, came here to look for this issue.
I have the same issue (not used photo mode yet) but the hacking screen and the augment screen do this.

Using an Odyssey G9 monitor I am unable to use any of the photo mod controls and taking a screen shot will normally result in the game to crash.

This issue is affecting me as well.

LG 38GL950G monitor at 3840x1600

Every screenshot listed above is exactly the same.
There are a lot of people on Reddit also claiming similar things - widescreen gaming is more popular than ever - 21:9 ratios etc. The UI has to match!

Cheers.

Adding to this:

In the mission "The Gun", when receiving the tutorial on Iconic Weapons, the popup is offset and half the text is cut off.

20201210174028_1.jpg

ASUS Dual-RTX 2060 Super EVO V2
Acer Predator Z35 @ 2560 x 1080 (120Hz)

How are you Guys even able to get it in 21:9 Aspect Ratio?
I don't see any dedicated option for Aspect Ratio. Even though I've Set the Resolution to 2560x1080, I see those Black Borders on the side. My Native Screen Resolution is also set to 2560x1080. If I changed the In-Game Resolution to 1920x1080, It's automatically set into 21:9 Aspect ratio but if set the Resolution as 2560x1080 It again changes back to 1920x1080. Any suggestions??

Please remove the double black bars in the menu, world map, when you respawn or reload. These limitations seem unnecessary. Also, the mouse is bugged, when you go into photomode your mouse is locked to the 16:9 boarder of the double black bars, even though the image is 21:9.

Also tool tips during ultrawide seem to but cut off by the double black bars meaning if youre using ultrawide you cant see helpful information, please fix this.

I am having the exact same issues with my ultrawide monitor 3440x1440

My specs:

Ryzen 5 3600X
32GB DDR4
Nvidia RTX 3080

MSI FreeSync 100Hz 3440x1440

Do we know if developers are looking into this?

Best to report this here:

(click on contact us to send a ticket to support)

Why then have a technical forum space if issues aren't going to be taken care of unless with post it in a different place?

Why then have a technical forum space if issues aren't going to be taken care of unless with post it in a different place?

For example, for minor issues that actually can be solved or situations where it's not clear if it's a bug or not.

As mentioned in the technical forums: "This subforum is not a channel of CD PROJEKT RED's Tech Support Team! If you need to contact our Tech Support Team, please visit the Official Tech Support Website"

Top Bottom