What do you think is gonna be first to get a hotfix?

+
I just don't like that card for 8 provisions is kill or lose, having a 6 strength too. I like WotW, but boy, you should pack some hefty removal to your deck. Otherwise so crazy combo can outpoint you easily.
Change his provs or power in any way and he's a literal Elder Bear. Maybe his design should be relegated to Elder Bear status, but I don't like it. None of his decks are competitive or even particularly strong, so I say keep him as is.

As for Vypper spam decks against Lippy decks.
Why are so many players unable to identify the winning play and just Lippy all of them back into the own deck (assuming Vypper was not heatwaved immediately) ?
Vypper is not a counter to Lippy, it is the opposite.

Hopefully Viy and Lippy.
Lippy enable such an interesting mechanic , so sad that it just became an instrument for a toxic deck.

It's not Lippy, it's Cerys.
Make queensguard a doomed unit and it's mostly fixed.
That would kill the combo.
A simple solution would be to give Cerys a count similar to Detlaff and have her pull from the deck, instead of creating if the count is used up.
Thus limiting the play to the same power as the first time, rather than it powering up the second time.

Then again Lippy is not even a Tier 1 deck, so there is propably no need for such a change.

ya1

Forum regular
Then again Lippy is not even a Tier 1 deck, so there is propably no need for such a change.

That's according to TLG. And that's mostly because T1 is reserved for Viy. Also, Lippy loses to Viy and kinda struggles with Lockdown so when 60% matchups are either Viy or Lockdown, Lippy can't be T1.

Outside of that, and taking into account how brain-dead and (now) consistent it is, Lippy is imo top 3 broken decks. But Gwent is a game of broken decks and both devs and many players seem to like it like that. So, hey, whatever! :)

EDIT: I just checked and Lippy is at the very top of T1 at Elder Blood meta snapshot, though.

Last edited:
Lippy itself isn't the Problem he was considered a Meme Card and wasn't in any of the top tier decks (apart from the beginning of Homecoming when there was almost no thinning available and replaying the Witcher trio was considered a huge power play) until they decided that Cerys needs a buff (before the buff she summoned a Shieldmaiden or Queensgard from the Deck and didn't create a additional copy) so I guess it would be best to revert that change and might lower her provision cost a bit instead.

If they don't want to touch Cerys they probably should nerf Ursine Ritual a bit 17 bonus provisions, 5 charges plus a 6 Point Body is imho way to good.

Lippy itself isn't the Problem he was considered a Meme Card and wasn't in any of the top tier decks (apart from the beginning of Homecoming when there was almost no thinning available and replaying the Witcher trio was considered a huge power play) until they decided that Cerys needs a buff (before the buff she summoned a Shieldmaiden or Queensgard from the Deck and didn't create a additional copy) so I guess it would be best to revert that change and might lower her provision cost a bit instead.

If they don't want to touch Cerys they probably should nerf Ursine Ritual a bit 17 bonus provisions, 5 charges plus a 6 Point Body is imho way to good.

Or have Lippy only move SK cards back into the deck if the idea is that he resurrects all the fallen comrades. That way Lippy players get to replay Cerys and what not but don't get a 2nd heatwave, Roach, Knickers, CoC, Snowdrop etc. Limiting interaction to faction cards is what we saw when they changed Caranthir and Queen Adalia so why not give Lippy the same treatment

The leader should stay as it is because it will only hurt other decks that want to use that leader when the change is only supposed to target the current Lippy deck anyway. What I mean is that I think a leader change is way less likely to be reverted back or changed again, so before they tamper with a leader ability I'd rather have them look what card interaction could or should be addressed.

Or have Lippy only move SK cards back into the deck if the idea is that he resurrects all the fallen comrades. That way Lippy players get to replay Cerys and what not but don't get a 2nd heatwave, Roach, Knickers, CoC, Snowdrop etc. Limiting interaction to faction cards is what we saw when they changed Caranthir and Queen Adalia so why not give Lippy the same treatment

The leader should stay as it is because it will only hurt other decks that want to use that leader when the change is only supposed to target the current Lippy deck anyway. What I mean is that I think a leader change is way less likely to be reverted back or changed again, so before they tamper with a leader ability I'd rather have them look what card interaction could or should be addressed.
That would completely kill off Lippy for all other Decks apart from the complaint about Ursine Ritual Cerys one.

With a nerv to UR I meant a provision nerf or removing a damage ping from it not reworking it because for a 17 provision bonus leader it's way to strong.

Big braindead thinning plays is a plague upon the game this has been known since the beta. Disappointing to see the devs haven't learned.
It comes as no surprise being able to replay them is gamewinning.

I miss when Cerys supported resurrection it was my favorite Skellige deck. Now she's just free points no thinking necessary, how low she has fallen.

Big braindead thinning plays is a plague upon the game this has been known since the beta. Disappointing to see the devs haven't learned.
It comes as no surprise being able to replay them is gamewinning.
[...]
The thinning is not the problem though.
The issue is that Cerys got buffed (to be playable, unlike before the buff) and due to the way she works she gets stronger the second time she is used and with the last charge is a 25 point play.

Top Bottom