Multiple Saves

+
Hello,

I just wanted to know if anyone was experiencing this issue. It's less of a technical issue than a design issue.

So I bought this game and my nephew is living with me and we both had been essentially taking turns playing the game on my account. However, we noticed that our games were being overwritten. This is part human error, but when you have two people managing a saved list with two different playthroughs under the same "Corpo" tag it becomes extremely difficult to differentiate whose save is there.

Also, I am pretty sure I only manual saved over my own save and I didn't touch the autosaves, so I believe the game deletes old saves to make room after a certain amount of manual and auto saves.

I need to do more testing to make sure (kind of difficult to find the energy/time).

If anyone has experienced the same issue - can you please chime in?

I also am wondering if we could get enough momentum to get a better saving system, i.e. each run through gets its own saving screen (which I am perfectly fine with being capped). I like that we can manual save, I just want multiple storylines to be separated in different files somehow.

I have about a hundred saves now, with varying timelines etc... The only save that got deleted for me was an auto-save from the main questine. Other than that I have no problems whatsoever. But yeah It would be good to have some kind of separate folders for each character.

I have about a hundred saves now, with varying timelines etc... The only save that got deleted for me was an auto-save from the main questine. Other than that I have no problems whatsoever. But yeah It would be good to have some kind of separate folders for each character.

I was losing my mind with 10 saves....

Haha, it's just that I like to explore every possible options during quests, so having multiple checkpoint comes in quite handy :)

Should you have suggestions for a better saving system, you can always post these in the suggestions section:

From what I have read there might be issues with the save games if two people play the game on the same computer (playing different paths might have a similar effect). But I don't know what's really going on here and not everyone appears to have this issue...

Save game issues can be reported here, for example:
(click on "Contact us" to send a ticket to CDPR support)

Haha, it's just that I like to explore every possible options during quests, so having multiple checkpoint comes in quite handy :)

No I definitely did the same! I just deleted the old ones....As a matter of fact I am the problem lol. I just want to be ABLE to organize the saves in different folders.

I guess I'm alone in my OCD corner \O/

Until they fix it, you might want to look into this mod:

I have not tested it out myself though.

I try put my character in a spot with different colors so its easy to differentiate the from each other.
I'd rather have a feature to be able to name and rename them.
Or let us tag them with solid colors

But yeah. From afar in a couch or sofa its pretty difficult to tell them apart

I'm playing on Xbox Series X and I just lost about two days of time on a character. Had a level 25 Nomad, decided to start up a Corpo and just realized ALL BUT ONE of my Nomad Saves are just gone. Dunno what happened, just gone. Only save I have left for the Nomad is level 13...

My son and I both play Cyberpunk on the same PC. Due to the way Cyberpunk saves files in %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 steam seems unable to recognize different Windows profiles. Every time I play, on my Windows account, using my Steam account, my save overwrites his.

It has become impossible for me to play the game without ruining his game, and CDProjektred doesn't have a tech support forum where I can seek help.

Has anyone found a work around for this pitiful development?

Top Bottom