I'm disappointed how romances are handled. It's like game doesn't care if you're with someone already.

+
Judt has to be my favorite character in the game (mostly because she looks like someone I loved and lost, but also her character is great) and it's a shame they fuck her over at every turn and make her seem more like an object, a goal rather than a person you can romance.
I have to agree 100%, she has such a large role just to end it in such a empty way. Honestly you cant even have a drink with her, but you can have one with every 2nd character you have a job to do with. She's actually awesome as well, I enjoy the missions you have to do with her, the other people not so much, she's so much more engaging. Just on a human level, after spending like 12 hours doing missions with the same character, you have sex and suddenly, just stop talking and there's no more interaction, that's quite a horrible feeling knowing it was essentially a long one night stand...It does really feel like a complete loss of a friend, and waste of time.
Post automatically merged:

It's actually pretty damn ironic how they kept saying that sex shouldn't be just a conclusion to a romance, just some "prize", yet they did exactly that.
EXACTLY! Thats 100% how it feels, 12 hours of killing, have sex and move on because the interaction with a character you literally built a relationship with, comes to a screeching halt. I hope this gets addressed. They did it SO well up to that point to have the next page/arc of that blank.

I have to agree 100%, she has such a large role just to end it in such a empty way. Honestly you cant even have a drink with her, but you can have one with every 2nd character you have a job to do with. She's actually awesome as well, I enjoy the missions you have to do with her, the other people not so much, she's so much more engaging. Just on a human level, after spending like 12 hours doing missions with the same character, you have sex and suddenly, just stop talking and there's no more interaction, that's quite a horrible feeling knowing it was essentially a long one night stand...It does really feel like a complete loss of a friend, and waste of time.
Why even bother giving us the option to say "it meant more than a one night stand" and then have it no different as if it were? I really don't get CDPR's logic when it comes to this. I felt more love in the opening scene of Fallout 4 -_-

The fact that you get an "Apartment" icon for their house and, at least for River, a text message that's basically the ingame way of saying "you can now sleep and store stuff at their house" makes the whole thing one of the more egregious examples of obviously cut content.
12 hour sex mission to get an apartment you dont need to use, and have a lovely reminder as Judy stands in the corner watching you, as cant interact with her anymore. Lmao :(

It's actually pretty damn ironic how they kept saying that sex shouldn't be just a conclusion to a romance, just some "prize", yet they did exactly that.
They made a pretty big point of that, actually. They made us think the romances were dynamic, that the character's preferences matter, and they'd react to you and interact with you. Nope. It was just quests.

Why even bother giving us the option to say "it meant more than a one night stand" and then have it no different as if it were? I really don't get CDPR's logic when it comes to this. I felt more love in the opening scene of Fallout 4 -_-
It does feel like they put a lot of repeated effort into the other characters to this exact point, but no-one seems to have "played" the game at CDPR and actually interacted with the GF/BF characters to the point where they made an emotional relationship with one of the characters, and have that character matter to them, like spending 24 hours ingame, and the excitement when Judy calls/texts, its a real thing. I don't think anyone at CDPR experienced that, to have to halt after the sex scene. They probably thought, oh well that's it then, and now Judy is put into the ending in a few ways, and that will be it. Not realizing other people would want "more" interaction after spending so much time trying to get closer to a character.

They made a pretty big point of that, actually. They made us think the romances were dynamic, that the character's preferences matter, and they'd react to you and interact with you. Nope. It was just quests.
Judy ended being a storage facility which takes you about 12 hours to earn. Which honestly leaves me so disappointed.

Wheres the MaxTac uniform? :(

Last edited:
So quick update. My friend who romances River says that she couldn't say to Judy about being with River. So... nice. /s

Seriously, we're in a relationship with one person and suddenly V has an amnesia when someone else hits on her? Not to mention that game also ignores whether your V is a lesbian or straight.

So quick update. My friend who romances River says that she couldn't say to Judy about being with River. So... nice. /s

Seriously, we're in a relationship with one person and suddenly V has an amnesia when someone else hits on her? Not to mention that game also ignores whether your V is a lesbian or straight.
Yes thats true, I did the same Panam when she got close, you have to tell her shes getting too comfortable or something. Its up to the player or something. But it doesnt really matter in terms of the relationship. Quite sad actually, I was hoping it would count.

Yes thats true, I did the same Panam when she got close, you have to tell her shes getting too comfortable or something. Its up to the player or something. But it doesnt really matter in terms of the relationship. Quite sad actually, I was hoping it would count.
Well, yeah, you can do that, but at the very end. In my case when I met River I was already with Judy. V was flirting with him constantly and there was no option to stop it or mention that she's already taken. Not to mention that my V is a lesbian, so what gives? I don't want her to flirt with a guy. I explained exactly the situation in my OP.

So, after many hours of playing myself I romanced Judy, because she's adorable. I had a few issues with some aspects on the romance options myself. Here they go!

1.) Your Romance option feels unimportant. By this I mean, I romanced Judy, but had the option still to romance River without any form of consequence or risk at losing Judy. After all the moral compassed like decisions I had to make in Cyberpunk, this felt like I was assumed to walk into a Poly relationship.

2.) My romance partner seemed indifferent at the fact that with the ending I received she wasn't concerned I only had 6 months left to live.

So, after many hours of playing myself I romanced Judy, because she's adorable. I had a few issues with some aspects on the romance options myself. Here they go!

1.) Your Romance option feels unimportant. By this I mean, I romanced Judy, but had the option still to romance River without any form of consequence or risk at losing Judy. After all the moral compassed like decisions I had to make in Cyberpunk, this felt like I was assumed to walk into a Poly relationship.

2.) My romance partner seemed indifferent at the fact that with the ending I received she wasn't concerned I only had 6 months left to live.

There were supposed to be consequences if you cheated on your partner. Looks like it's just another lie on a big pile of them.

10. Forcing Jhonny Silverhand on me is not nice.

Oh, you're a queer/female player? Enjoy this UNSKIPPABLE, FORCED, FULL OF CLOSEUPS sex scene with Alt followed by a conversation with her nude self with fully a exposed vagina in your playthrough.

Oh you're a gay player who chose to romance Kerry? You'll have to settle to some buttcheeks (you can miss if you blink) at most, and underwears for the rest.

... I swear, I sometime feel this game was made by horny teenagers lol.

Oh, you're a queer/female player? Enjoy this UNSKIPPABLE, FORCED, FULL OF CLOSEUPS sex scene with Alt followed by a conversation with her nude self with fully a exposed vagina in your playthrough.

... I swear, I sometime feel this game was made by horny teenagers lol.

Uh, I'm a lesbian and I didn't care at all about that unskippable sex scene Johnny had with Alt. What of it? It was just a damn flashback, nothing more. Some people seriously need to relax, not everything is made to spite them.

I guess I'll just sit over here in my lonely corner, being grateful that I can be polyamorous in this game. :giveup:

I've played so many slice-of-life style games and sim games (My Time at Portia, Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, etc.) where the npcs get savagely angry if you so much as show platonic affection towards another character, such as giving them gifts, that I'm always grateful for games that allow you to romance multiple people (Mass Effect, Fable, Overlord, Fallout 4, etc.).

No love for poly people. lol

I guess I'll just sit over here in my lonely corner, being grateful that I can be polyamorous in this game. :giveup:

I've played so many slice-of-life style games and sim games (My Time at Portia, Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, etc.) where the npcs get savagely angry if you so much as show platonic affection towards another character, such as giving them gifts, that I'm always grateful for games that allow you to romance multiple people (Mass Effect, Fable, Overlord, Fallout 4, etc.).

No love for poly people. lol

Personally it's not my cup of tea. I don't like sharing :shrug: . That's why I was pissed at my V during River stuff. I basically commented like "V, stop being a cunt."

Uh, I'm a lesbian and I didn't care at all about that unskippable sex scene Johnny had with Alt. What of it? It was just a damn flashback, nothing more. Some people seriously need to relax, not everything is made to spite them.
I didn't care for the Johnny+Alt scene just because I think Johnny is a dick. lol
It would have been nice to skip it, but I didn't suffer. It was over fast (heeeyooo!).

I didn't care for the Johnny+Alt scene just because I think Johnny is a dick. lol
It would have been nice to skip it, but I didn't suffer. It was over fast (heeeyooo!).

Yeah, fuck Johnny, I agree. But I still don't see a problem with that scene, though. I've seen some queer people enraged by it. I'd understand that if Johnny took over V's body and do that or something, but it was just a fucking flashback... Are people scared of sex or something? Or some people just looking an excuse to be offended?

You're a lesbian, so attracted to females, and you're asking me what's wrong with an unskippable sex scene with a female character?

... You don't realize your bias?

I'm gay, and it was annoying. More so that you never reach that level of exposure with a male character.

Personally it's not my cup of tea. I don't like sharing :shrug: . That's why I was pissed at my V during River stuff. I basically commented like "V, stop being a cunt."
HONESTLY THOUGH, I feel you so hard. I would like to choose when I'm going to flirt with someone. I know you can't romance Panam as femme V, but a lot of the dialogue with her made me groan. It felt like the only dialogue choices with Panam were "I hate you," or "I'd like to fuck you," neither of which I'm fond of. How am I supposed to know that a simple phrase that could literally mean anything is going to turn into a flirting line? Maybe tag the dialogue in a different color or put some kind of symbol next to it like with the attribute checks?

You're a lesbian, attracted to female characters, and you're asking me what's wrong with an unskippable sex scene with a female character?

... Seriously? lol

You think I don't mind that sex scene because I'm into women? Lol. I wouldn't give a shit if it was Johnny with another guy. It was just a flashback. I'd be pissed if he took control of V and did that, but it wasn't the case.

HONESTLY THOUGH, I feel you so hard. I would like to choose when I'm going to flirt with someone. I know you can't romance Panam as femme V, but a lot of the dialogue with her made me groan. It felt like the only dialogue choices with Panam were "I hate you," or "I'd like to fuck you," neither of which I'm fond of. How am I supposed to know that a simple phrase that could literally mean anything is going to turn into a flirting line? Maybe tag the dialogue in a different color or put some kind of symbol next to it like with the attribute checks?
Hah, yeah, I noticed some chemistry between them, too. I even made a move knowing she'd reject me, but hell, that rejection was done pretty well, so I don't mind at all. I still prefer Judy all the way.

You're a lesbian, so attracted to females, and you're asking me what's wrong with an unskippable sex scene with a female character?

... You don't realize your bias?

I'm gay, and it was annoying.
If you're annoyed then you're probably feeling exactly how the game wants you to feel.
Considering that the scene is MEANT to be beyond V's control, and is probably purposefully meant to make the player feel a bit uncomfortable in their voyeur role (because the whole thing with Johnny hijacking your brain is one big uncomfortable anyway, despite it not being his fault), I don't see the problem. It's like if you walk in on your parents having sex, or if someone sexually harasses you when you're walking down the street - neither scenario is planned by you, and neither is nice, but that's life - sh!t happens. You feel grossed out, you get over it and move on.

Top Bottom