Is toggle ADS coming soon or not? UPDATE: toggle ads is NOT coming

+
I'll refrain from complaining about bugs and inconveniences - that stuff won't stop me from playing the game and will (hopefully) be fixed eventually. That I can wait for.

What is genuinely game-breaking is the absolutely mind-boggling decision to leave out the toggle aim option. The very basic first-person shooter mechanic, the industry standard, is left out, but I can choose the size of my genitals? I mean, really?

I don't want to be too negative here, I've been supporting CDPR for a very long time now, but I just don't understand how such an oversight is possible. I see two scenarios that are even remotely possible; either no-one tested the PC version pre-launch, or they did it with a controller only. I can't see any other way such an important feature would be left out. Surely CDPR aren't saying that they just really don't see mouse & kb users as valuable customers?

I'm now stuck with waiting for an update that I don't even know is coming. I mean it has to, right? I was glad to see the amount of people complaining about the same thing, but at the same time it worries me that CDPR are dodging the issue, not responding to the questions. It makes me worry that they've decided to skip that feature among other, smaller PC issues and concentrate all resources on the console side.

I hope I'm dead wrong and we get a positive answer here from CDPR, or atleast some sort of answer so that I and others will know whether a fix is coming, or if we should get a refund instead. That is where I'm headed right now - without ADS toggle the game is completely unplayable to me, and honestly I feel cheated.

I was the one to bite the bullet and purchase the game first out of our friend group, and I've now had the unfortunate task of telling the dozen of them not to buy the game - yet. We'll wait to see if we get an answer and an update - or if I'll get a refund and advise my fellow mouse & kb PC-gamers that the game was a bust after all that hype.

Will CDPR step up?

Last edited:
According to a little bird I just spoke to, NONE of these features are coming to PC. All attention is on the PS5 version, so we can forget toggle aim on PC. There may be third party mods down the line, but CDPR will likely try to block them as well.

In short - based on what I'm being told the FPS mechanics of the game will remain broken, no fix coming. CDPR will continue to ignore all questions about PC controls to try and bury the issue. I guess we shouldn't have trusted them after all.

Last edited:
According to a little bird I just spoke to, NONE of these features are coming to PC. All attention is on the PS5 version, so we can forget toggle aim on PC. There may be third party mods down the line, but CDPR will likely try to block them as well.

In short - based on what I'm being told the FPS mechanics of the game will remain broken, no fix coming. CDPR will continue to ignore all questions about PC controls to try and bury the issue. I guess we shouldn't have trusted them after all.

I hope your little bird is wrong. I fear they aren't.

I hope your little bird is wrong. I fear they aren't.

Actually, it seems to be getting even worse. I now found out that people have been asking CDPR about this since 2019, and they have actively dodged every question about it. That didn't make any sense - why not implement such an easy and important feature when people are asking for it for over a year in advance?

Well, it makes sense now. I'm told that CDPR went the easy way. Implementing toggle aim on PC would've meant a bit of extra work on the control system on consoles, so they made a decision to actively screw over PC gamers. TL;DR: There is no toggle aim feature coming for us. Macros might work as a janky fix, but that'll destroy the melee combat mechanics.

Remember to thank CDPR for this. Remember this the next time they release a game.

The toggle aim issue isn't a big deal for me. At this point, even if its the only patch us PC gamers get for a while, I'll take a solid 30 FPS on High settings throughout the entire game.

It's beyond silly that I can play any other game on Ultra-Max settings on my rig and get well above 60 FPS, but I can't even manage 30 at "medium" settings in Cyberpunk. Terrible, terrible optimisation.

The toggle aim issue isn't a big deal for me. At this point, even if its the only patch us PC gamers get for a while, I'll take a solid 30 FPS on High settings throughout the entire game.

It's beyond silly that I can play any other game on Ultra-Max settings on my rig and get well above 60 FPS, but I can't even manage 30 at "medium" settings in Cyberpunk. Terrible, terrible optimisation.

At least the optimization is a matter of time. If what I'm hearing is true, toggle ADS will never happen.

Toggle ADS is literally the only option that I find mission critical. It's a core mechanic of every single modern FPS. I'm willing to bet that a large majority of PC gamers would agree. On a personal note, not having a toggle for ADS causes me moderate to severe pain, making it an extra-important feature to me.

there is literally no car AI in open world urban game and you talk about key mapping - this game has much more problems than this.
I'd say missing something that has been a core mechanic in nearly every first-person shooter in the last 15 years is more than a little key mapping issue. Not having car AI wouldn't stop me from playing the game.

At least the optimization is a matter of time. If what I'm hearing is true, toggle ADS will never happen.

Toggle ADS is literally the only option that I find mission critical. It's a core mechanic of every single modern FPS. I'm willing to bet that a large majority of PC gamers would agree. On a personal note, not having a toggle for ADS causes me moderate to severe pain, making it an extra-important feature to me.

That sucks, mate. Sorry to hear. I mean how complicated can it be to code a toggle? I'm sure it's something they will get round to adding.

Last edited:
CDPR doesn't block mods. They just don't support them with tools. Witcher 3 has hundreds of them. Cyberpunk already has a few fixes. Rebinds, slow walk, dedicated dodge binding, LOD improvement, in-game icons, etc. Let me tell you, I'm no programmer myself but I look to Nexus pretty closely cause they seem to fix a lot of stuff. And just the other day, modders were having problems with the slow walk on PC. They got the speed modifier down on 4 directions, but the diagonal walk kept coming back to a fast walk. Not long after a guy posted his own version, just added a couple of lines on the XML and fixed the damn thing. So it'll be a matter of time.

Last edited:
Well if they don't add this very simple feature for PC players, then I'll never buy another CDPR game ever again. Way to go the same dark path as EA, Ubisoft and Activision CDPR...
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Actually, it seems to be getting even worse. I now found out that people have been asking CDPR about this since 2019, and they have actively dodged every question about it. That didn't make any sense - why not implement such an easy and important feature when people are asking for it for over a year in advance?

Well, it makes sense now. I'm told that CDPR went the easy way. Implementing toggle aim on PC would've meant a bit of extra work on the control system on consoles, so they made a decision to actively screw over PC gamers. TL;DR: There is no toggle aim feature coming for us. Macros might work as a janky fix, but that'll destroy the melee combat mechanics.

Remember to thank CDPR for this. Remember this the next time they release a game.

These types of decisions come down to pure corporate greed. Johnny might have been onto something. After coming across this in the game yesterday, I think at least some of them realize what CDPR is now.

Attachments

• introspection.jpg
    introspection.jpg
    779 KB · Views: 194

What is genuinely game-breaking is the absolutely mind-boggling decision to leave out the toggle aim option. The very basic first-person shooter mechanic, the industry standard, is left out, but I can choose the size of my genitals? I mean, really?

It's been a decade since I played a fps for longer than 30 minutes, so I had to google the thing you are calling a "game-breaking decision" aaaand... I can't figure out how the lack of the toggle aim or the aim snap are game-breaking in any way.

Even more so, in the short time I spent playing with guns in CP (some 5 or so hours) I noticed that said mechanics wouldn't work with how the combat is designed. I mean, you did notice that, as you keep aiming through the scope of a sniper rifle, for example, you start to shake and 5 bullets later you simply wouldn't be able to hit the Death Star if it would be 2 feet away from you. So both these mechanics would just be in conflict with how shooting works here, I think. Making perks useless and so on.

Being unable to name your save-games is a bigger inconvenience (when playing multiple character paths), with all the auto-saves and quick saves and places looking alike, but that isn't game-breaking decision either. The complete lack of a manual in pdf format for people who purchased the digital version of the game is quite frustrating - for example, when it comes to leveling one's attributes - but, again, not game-breaking decision (a piss-poor one, though!) and, guess what?! Game manuals were there long before CoD even appeared in the gaming scene.

But since you're dead-set on it being a mandatory feature in any fps, can you, please, present a way for it to go along with the built-in weapon mechanics? Also, wouldn't it be just dumb-easy to have the aim-assist on top of all the perks that are serving the same purpose? Like... just right off the bat, point the weapon in the general direction of the enemy and poof! target flatlines?

I'm not sure what you are talking about but I have the option to disable aiming aids...maybe it is because I used a mod from nexus called "better options" (which actually shows a lot of "hidden" options) but the ability to disable it exists and is easy to get on PC.

There are tons of much more game breaking bugs than this one, like for example the fact that your UI disappear if you use anything else than 16:9 resolution...or the fact that you need 1239087293487 bullets to kill some enemies (immersion instant killer).

As long as companies will focus on consoles, games on PC will be thrown away. Can't wait for the day when consoles will just be PC with pads (which they should be for a long time actually). Consoles are very poorly featured PC nowadays but devs are wasting 90% of their time to get their game "playable" on consoles while they should focus on PC and create really good games, like Witcher 3 was actually (well, it was thanks to modders to be honest).

A toggle click to aim is a thing?! I feel so dated.

Yeah, I don't see any use in that either since having to hold a button to ADS feels more natural to me.
But apparently it's quite popular and it won't hurt anyone if the option was there, so why not offer it to those players who'd prefer it... :shrug:

Yeah, I don't see any use in that either since having to hold a button to ADS feels more natural to me.
But apparently it's quite popular and it won't hurt anyone if the option was there, so why not offer it to those players who'd prefer it... :shrug:
Right. Both should be an option. Just as having to hold a button to ADS feels natural to you, not having to hold the button feels natural to many others.

Imagine how it would feel if you were forced to use toggle. Thats how many others feel when being forced to hold. In some cases people also have disabilities (ligament/bone damage or birth defect, etc.). When holding a button with their middle or ring finger it causes pain or resistance in their index finger and impairs the ability to fire.

Did you really update your title based on a 'fresh user' using the 'a bird told me'..?

Okay how about this, I also have a bird who claims that the other bird makes up stuff.

Serious question: how can leaving the toggle on be that crucial for you? It's like literally the most minor thing ever for me, I didn't even notice if I have it or not. At the end of the day you can still aim and shoot, right?

Did you really update your title based on a 'fresh user' using the 'a bird told me'..?

Okay how about this, I also have a bird who claims that the other bird makes up stuff.

Serious question: how can leaving the toggle on be that crucial for you? It's like literally the most minor thing ever for me, I didn't even notice if I have it or not. At the end of the day you can still aim and shoot, right?
Well, I personally don't care if you understand it or not. Myself and many others can't enjoy the game like this. It's as simple as that. We are not asking for CDPR to force aim toggle, just to give us an option to toggle.
If you don't have a problem with this, why are you even here?

Top Bottom