Beat on the brat: Arroyo

+
Not sure if this is a bug or simply that I've not invested enough time levelling up in hand to hand combat (my Street Brawler perk is still at level 1 and I don't tend to use melee in RPGs) but if I try and fight this guy I do absolutely no damage to him at all and yet he takes me down with just a few punches so I can't complete this mission.

I'm suffering from the same issue. There's even a glitch that lets you drop a weapon, start the fight, and equipped the dropped weapon which I tried one of the times to see if this could get me passed it and even then I wasn't hitting for anything. There has to be some scaling issue present or other such bug because this is ridiculous.

-tv

Forum regular
Without perks but maybe at least Gorilla Arms, you have to counter everything and just keep wailing. The twins definitely did not prep V for other fights as they are significantly harder.

Comes down to a few things
  • Boss-like HP and resistances
  • Level difference
  • Your level and perks
  • Your gear (cyberware specifically but also mods on clothing)
  • Your ability to successfully counter, dodge, and land hits
The Street Brawler perks definitely would make it easier but I was on the same boat. I started doing more and more damage once my level went up (i.e. Threat Level went from Very High to High, to Moderate, etc.). It gets easier, but the challenge is will always be there if you don't spec for it. It's definitely doable without perks.

Now I'm just stuck on Rancho Coronado...that's...yeah.

It could be best to save before the fight to get a feel if you can inch your way through the fight and just reload if you aren't ready. Comeback later :)

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a bug or simply that I've not invested enough time levelling up in hand to hand combat (my Street Brawler perk is still at level 1 and I don't tend to use melee in RPGs) but if I try and fight this guy I do absolutely no damage to him at all and yet he takes me down with just a few punches so I can't complete this mission.

Funny you should mention this, I tried the "cheese" method where you drop a melee weapon right before the fight then equip it mid-fight.

Beat this guy with a freaking metal baseball bat for a solid 10 minutes (carefully dodging b/c he is a 1/2 hit kill if he punches you).

After 10 minutes of beating on him with a metal bat I just gave up since he still had over 70% health. I died a little inside and then went to make some tea.

I just give up and switch to easy for this fight, on hard he just land two punches on you and that's it . And I really dislike this melee combat mission even more then in Witcher 3 (

H2H has always been so difficult for me the way they track their hits on to me after I dodge, I've been destroyed by every fighter after the twins and I wasn't exactly a low level either.

Street fight need a fix. I play on easy, leveled enough to finish game. With a trainer to have unlimited life and endurance, beat Rhino takes me 2,5 hours of fight (ingame time) !

I calculated she have approximaly 50000 HP. IMHO,dev should decrease hp by 100

There is epic cyberware that hits with damage equivalent of 50% of opponents MAX hp when your health drops below 15%. That helped me to win the fights. I think I won the final fight by just getting hit once, health dropped below 15 and the shock triggered. Then I stunlocked the opponent untill it was able to fire again and got hit again.

I just not bothered with these fights as I have no specced in brawling nor gorilla arms. Got hit twice by this guy and went down. The scaling to these fights do not prepare the player.

Level 45 and all that grinding literally means nothing, this isn't even a difficulty spike it is just tedious and cheap, especially for someone who has legendary gorilla arms and legendary mods on them. seriously demoralized me, thinking yeah you know what I'll level like crazy for this fight because you know it will be hard. 2 hits pfft yeah right.

I just beat the game and those were the last of missions I needed to do. I had one more to go, Pacifica or the Glen. My body maxed out at 9 in this run as I went hacker/techie based. I was using Gorilla Arms as well. Both opponents I can get down to about 18% but they just 1 shot me no matter what

This is on the hardest difficulty level as well

Last edited:
Top Bottom