Tech and Smart weps don't work.

+
So, early on I was giving this sweet charge up shotgun a go. It was great, then got a better version and swapped out. The new gun couldn't fire. Tried reloading, tried swapping weapons around, etc. Eventually just said screw it, stick with the stealth pistol build and keep going. Have since asked some friends who also play, and they said all you have to do is aim and hold the fire button. Which doesn't work. I don't get the ricochet aiming, charge weapons no long charge or fire properly, and Smart weapons cannot lock on.

I have seen folks say "drop the weapon and that fixes the issue." I have finally gotten to the Keanu section (because I did a lot of other stuff before doing the story line) and it even says on screen to hold fire to charge the gun. It just fires as soon as I click. No charge, no tech boost. And no option to drop the weapon to pick it back up. If anyone knows an *actual* cause and fix to this, greatly appreciate it. Because at this point, it is literally limiting my play options to stuff that doesn't rely on the fancy extras.

So, early on I was giving this sweet charge up shotgun a go. It was great, then got a better version and swapped out. The new gun couldn't fire. Tried reloading, tried swapping weapons around, etc. Eventually just said screw it, stick with the stealth pistol build and keep going. Have since asked some friends who also play, and they said all you have to do is aim and hold the fire button. Which doesn't work. I don't get the ricochet aiming, charge weapons no long charge or fire properly, and Smart weapons cannot lock on.

I have seen folks say "drop the weapon and that fixes the issue." I have finally gotten to the Keanu section (because I did a lot of other stuff before doing the story line) and it even says on screen to hold fire to charge the gun. It just fires as soon as I click. No charge, no tech boost. And no option to drop the weapon to pick it back up. If anyone knows an *actual* cause and fix to this, greatly appreciate it. Because at this point, it is literally limiting my play options to stuff that doesn't rely on the fancy extras.
Did you buy and install the hand cybermod (or get the Tyger tattoo from the quest) that makes the smart weapons work?

Did you buy and install the hand cybermod (or get the Tyger tattoo from the quest) that makes the smart weapons work?
Even if that were the issue, though it isn't, are you telling me to somehow fully break out of the rails section that is Johnny Silverhand to go find a ripperdoc to make sure his hand is the right hand to be able to charge his pistol?

I am being very blunt about this for a reason, because yes. You kinda get the hand free from the 2nd mission or w/e, when you get a new eye as well. And yes, I have swapped to a smart hand when trying to make the smart weapons work. Funniest part is, I have even found and bought legendary versions of both in my now 40 hours of playing around with stuff and trying to figure out some of these bugs.

Top Bottom