I don't need my hand held every step of the way. Let me be immersed.

+
This game doesn't let you think for yourself, every quest has a marker leading you to exactly where you need to go and what you need to do. Let me explore the city and find things myself, let me be immersed in the environment.
You cant even turn off the quest markers, and even if you could the quest aren't designed to let you do it without a marker. You're not really given enough information a lot of the time to be able to find things by yourself. The quests seem to be designed with markers in mind.
The Witcher 3 let you remove quest markers and complete quests based on dialog and information in your quest log, but unfortunately that doesn't seem likely with this game. CDPR have become lazy and gone backwards in their game design.
If any game should prioritise exploring your environment and being immersed in it, it's this one.

This game doesn't let you think for yourself, every quest has a marker leading you to exactly where you need to go and what you need to do. Let me explore the city and find things myself, let me be immersed in the environment.
You cant even turn off the quest markers, and even if you could the quest aren't designed to let you do it without a marker. You're not really given enough information a lot of the time to be able to find things by yourself. The quests seem to be designed with markers in mind.
The Witcher 3 let you remove quest markers and complete quests based on dialog and information in your quest log, but unfortunately that doesn't seem likely with this game. CDPR have become lazy and gone backwards in their game design.
If any game should prioritise exploring your environment and being immersed in it, it's this one.
I'd say Witcher 2 is a better example to letting you think for yourself, since there aren't quest markers and you have to figure out where things are, and where you are on the map. There's no chance that they'd overhaul our current system, so you'd have to wait for modders to do this, once mod packs are release to the public.

Top Bottom