Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
In the Panam Palmer quest chain "Ghost town", if you choose to deal with Nash, Panam drives you to the Raffen Shiv hideout and there is combat.

If you die in this combat and choose to reload an autosave, you actually spawn on the drivers seat INSIDE Panam who is still driving. This bug is visual only, doesn't prevent playing.

I'm on PC.

ghost town.jpg

Guys, anyone experiencing these never-ending bullshit errors

Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x0.

Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFBF8233610.

Just find your Cyberpunk2077.exe (in my case Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe , right click - properties - Compatibility - Run this program as admin - Save/Ok and try to run the game again from Steam / GoG and you should be good to go :) I have just discovered it on my own and I am taken aback this advice has not been mentioned here so far.

If it helped you from immense struggle and pain and you are willing to send me some Sats, please be welcome - 34KCkYno4LhSdbaLYm1i4ToAuKejSNWJBL

Update:

I get the crash on the initial CDPR logo screen.

- I uninstalled & reinstalled graphics drivers

- Deleted & re-downloaded those Visual C++ files

- Turned off all game overlays

- Verified game downloads

- Re-downloaded and installed the full 59gb game.

- Flashed the bios.

- Swapped the RAM.

- Replaced the GFX card with a brand new model.

Same crash every time. I am out of ideas.

Hi guys. I've read almost everything here and done some of my own research. Game run without a problem on my PC from the start, but my friend can't even start it, so we did some testing.

Tested on 3 PC-s:

1. i5-3570, 8GB, GTX1050Ti, HDD, Win10, 20H2
2. i5-3570K, 16GB, GTX970, SSD, Win10, 20H2
3. i5-8600K, 32GB, GTX1080, SSd, Win10, 1909

From the start, Friday I think, game run flawlessly on third machine, and without GPU driver update or any other tinkering.
Then my friend, installed it on his machine, PC no2 on the list, would not start, so he reset his Windows, new drivers, and everything wrote on this forum, and it just wont start. At all!!!!!

So I stole my daughthers PC (no1 on list), and installed game there, just like that, it runs without a problem.

So I have lost of shit on my PC, AutoCAD, VisualStudio, some games, MySQL Server, so its not really clean system.
My daughter on the other hand has only Subnautica, Microsoft Teams and Chome on her very, very clean system.
And my friend just reset his Windows to factory, so it too is clean.

Difference, my daughter and I have Windows 10 Pro installed, my friend has Windows 10 Pro N.
That "N" shit means that that system has fewer features, and is cheaper in return.

I am no 100% sure, but I can't find anything else.
If anyone needs any screenshots or any other information, ask and I will post it.

Also guys, this Covid shit made hard for developers to properly test game, remember that. I am not defending them, I am just saying.

PS: CDPR, why the fuck I can't change my hairstyle in game !!!!!!!???????????
Hey. What problem has your friend? Does it crash or just when he hit cyberpunk2077.exe nothing happens?

I am asking because I have there second issue and I have Windows 7 N. (N means it supposed to be without Windows Media Player and some other sh*t. It is for EU market.)

Hey. What problem has your friend? Does it crash or just when he hit cyberpunk2077.exe nothing happens?

I am asking because I have there second issue and I have Windows 7 N. (N means it supposed to be without Windows Media Player and some other sh*t. It is for EU market.)
Double click on game icon, black screen 1-2 seconds, then Whoa, flatlined and shit...

I can't seem to get past the enemy Odo in the fight at the Parade. I keep getting kicked from the game each time I take him on and my save point is at the beginning of his encounter.

Guys, anyone experiencing these never-ending bullshit errors

Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Message: The thread caused a user-mode data execution prevention (DEP) violation at 0x0.

Message: The thread attempted to write to an inaccessible address at 0x7FFBF8233610.

Just find your Cyberpunk2077.exe (in my case Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk2077\bin\x64\Cyberpunk2077.exe , right click - properties - Compatibility - Run this program as admin - Save/Ok and try to run the game again from Steam / GoG and you should be good to go :) I have just discovered it on my own and I am taken aback this advice has not been mentioned here so far.

If it helped you from immense struggle and pain and you are willing to send me some Sats, please be welcome - 34KCkYno4LhSdbaLYm1i4ToAuKejSNWJBL

Tried this bc I had the 0x28 version, didnt work...

I think I found a solution for all of you who can play with RT off, but RT on gets you an instant Crash.
I underclocked my 2080Ti by -200 MHz and it finally seems to work!

Last edited:
So I think I found finally a workaround regarding the frequent crashes but I'm not really sure as I haven't tested it enough. I had basically constant crashing from starting up the game to loading the game (almost 80% of the time). I was curious on how Witcher 3 was faring in comparison and take a guess, the game was crashing almost instantaneous as soon as my save loaded.

What fixed the problem for me (so far) was underclocking my gpu. If you have overclocked your gpu or even if you didn't try lowering your core clock (i.e. -150MHz) and see how it runs. This seems to at least decrease the frequency on how often it crashes.

/edit: yeah it works.

Last edited:
One common thing I noticed among those of us experiencing gpu crashes is that we are using Nvidia cards but very few, if any, players with AMD GPUs. So I reached out to my friend who kindly lent me his backup 5700xt(he upgraded to a 6800xt) for testing purposes. After installing it as well as the necessary drivers(via DDU), I was finally able to run the game at 1080 ultra(1 hour straight) without doing any circus acrobatics such as underclocking. I made absolutely no other changes.

Before that, I was unable to watch the entire intro movie nor was I able to last anything more than 10 seconds into the start of any lifepath without resorting to setting my preset to low as well as my resolution to 1024 x 768 - ie absolute potato settings. As such, I believe Nvidia drivers in general(even older versions don't work) are very unstable when it comes to CP. To recap, both my 3080 and 2070S couldn't work with the game. Kinda ironic....CP partnered up with Nvidia and was even plastered in ads associated with the latter but it turns out that the competition is far more stable. CP was supposed to be a defining showcase for Nvidia tech.

I might just rma my 3080 and get a 6800xt instead. Way to go CDPR, you game ended up making me look at AMD(the rivial of your partner) GPUs instead! XD

:shrug::giveup:

Last edited:
was able to create a character, then went to start the game and it crashed. now when i go to launch the game it launches and after a couple seconds it crashes.... updated my drivers but it's still crashing... just bought this game and already kinda regreting it.

All interface screens (like settings, inventory, character) crash/freeze Windows 10 so badly that hardware reset is needed to restart the PC.
This happens when you keep the interface screen open for more that 15 sec or so. The game works reasonably if you leave interface screens fast enough.
It is a current installation of the game (patch 1.04) downloaded and clean-installed and verified. Windows 10 Pro fully updated and verified.
All other top games run without problems on this rig.

Attachments

• DxDiag_2020-12-15.txt
    147.2 KB · Views: 126
All interface screens (like settings, inventory, character) crash/freeze Windows 10 so badly that hardware reset is needed to restart the PC.
This happens when you keep the interface screen open for more that 15 sec or so. The game works reasonably if you leave interface screens fast enough.
It is a current installation of the game (patch 1.04) downloaded and clean-installed and verified. Windows 10 Pro fully updated and verified.
All other top games run without problems on this rig.
So, rig worth 5000$ and you cant play 60$ game. Sorry man, but its just hilarious...

Just a minute ago I tried Witcher 3 installed on the same rig. It updated and was running without any problems. Same thing about Mafia III, Watchdogs Legion and a bunch of other games. Dxdiag reports AppHangB1 error for Steam.exe and Cyberpunk2077.exe but hell knows why. I have tried easier CP2077 settings but it did not change anything.

Hi,
I also get crashes on PC.
Since v1.04 (via GOG) mostly when accessing the inventory. Sometimes it works and I can switch guns etc., sometimes it crashes when loading the screen (I see my character distorted for a short moment right before/during the crash; seems like right before finishing loading the screen).
Most of the time the crash is so hard, my monitor goes black and doesn't receive a video signal anymore, until I restart (didn't experience those hard crashes before 1.04 I think, but had crashes to desktop).
A few times it only crashed to desktop and I was able to send a report.

My PC is not the newest:
CPU: i7 4790K (never overclocked)
RAM: 32 GB DDR3 (PC3-12800H, Crucial Tech.)
Mainboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme4
GPU: GTX 1080 (8GB, ASUS Strix, never overclocked)
Newest GPU driver recommeded by Gforce experience (currently v460.79)
SSD

Using borderless window mode at 2560x1440 resolution on a 1440p monitor, since I don't get a full screen option (a win7 thing with this game I think) with mixed medium an high settings.
I would play at 1080 resolution, but then it shows me the game in a just smallwer window, instead of expanding the window to the full monitor size with lower ingame resolution (not sure how borderless window with lower resolution works on other games since I never had a game before that does not give me the full screen option which I prefer).

Last edited:
I am, in a way, happy to see that I'm not alone with this silly kind of problems. The game's action, graphics, etc. seems to work while the simplest matter of displaying interfaces like settings or inventory crash it to the metal. Actually I don't suspect my Nvidia cards as they functioned so well with so many games and still do. It's only CP2077 that kills the PC.

I am, in a way, happy to see that I'm not alone with this silly kind of problems. The game's action, graphics, etc. seems to work while the simplest matter of displaying interfaces like settings or inventory crash it to the metal. Actually I don't suspect my Nvidia cards as they functioned so well with so many games and still do. It's only CP2077 that kills the PC.
I agree, game and GPU driver do not see eye to eye. Again hilarious, new drivers for GForce came out 6 days ago with Cyberpunk 2077 plastered all over them! Ah irony...

Something interesting i noticed, i was changing resolutions trying to tweak and i suddenly started getting the flatline bug.
I'm wondering if having win7 set to non-scaling aspect ratio combined with borderless window set as a different resolution to your desktop is causing one of the crashes people are getting.

keep in mind i'd NEVER seen the flatline message and had clocked about 34 hours

Last edited:
Top Bottom