What a disappointment - Game is broken and unplayable on PS4

+
Im on ps4 slim and it runs.. smoothly.. but the graphics is meh.. i got an unrendered pizza a gun for a data shard.. jackie was giving me the data shard.. but instead he shoves his pistol in my neck.. my mood change from sad to laughing so hard.. i hope they fix it.. from where i get the game its unrefundable soo.. it was created for current gen not the new gen, they just changed it last min to add in for the new gen and by the looks of it , maybe they fucked up the the original...

Oooft... now things like this and the artefacting some folk are seeing are issues.

I think the only actual Glitch I've had was when Jackie went to slot the Relic there was a part where it disappeared for a few frames.

Weird bit is with how old my machine is I'd be expecting to be the one actually having the issues. :D

You're a little dramatic.

I'm having NO problem playing the game at all. None.

Stop exaggerating the issues.
Well he's quite alright saying about all that stuff, because I have ps4 Pro and game doesn't even look anything like official ps4 Pro reveal trailer. Plus - I was trying to love this game as much as I could - even with low res visuals... But now I'm stuck on this mission early in the game and I can't even progress my game... So I think some of us can complain. I also bought a day one and took a day off just to play this game.

You can always buy more hardware to make shitty code run better, at least for a little while.
But then you should also not expect any profits from your games since that kind of high end hardware is very few people that can afford.

And as I understand the PS5 doesn't do much better then PS4 Pro.
So when will this game run good maybe on the PS6 in 5 years from now or even needing a PS7.

I haven't got this for my PC but just stating that the game is fine if you have massive hardware still means it is bad code and as said by others don't release for PS4 if your not going to make it run on PS4.

Fallout 4 runs good enough on PS4 pro and visually, responsiveness and movement in/out of combat is much better in FO4 and Witcher 3, if we compare to GTA5 at the moment on PS4 pro this game graphics is better but gameplay and responsiveness is way way behind and in GTA driving is easier.

Driving in this game is like trying to control a rag doll it is maybe on par with GTA4 except that even in GTA4 different cars handle a bit diffrently and the sense of speed is much better.

Even when going 160 on a motorbike there is no feeling of speed or going that fast. Driving manually from A to B is a chore because there is no speed.

There so many bad things.

I like the idea of the game, this could have been the best game of the year but right now I'm stuck on a mission that has too long combat and I can't get to the end before game will crash.

I have some suggestions to remove some problems.

I noticed that if I made a car burn. This car is still there after a crash/reload, going across city to do other job and going back the car is still there.

If your going to do this for everything we do in the city the memory requirements will not in a long time be enough on a console.

I think it will be at least 2 more gens before consoles start to get 64 or even 128Gb ram to be able to handle that kind of details.

Just do as even Fallout does after a while stuff like that is clear, even if the keep track of all looted containers and collectibles and stuff.

Got the latest System update and the Game Patch installed?

Because I'm also on PS4 and having none of these issues, so it may be down to the sys update or no patch.

Ok dude... just have to ask... u cannot see that craphics, resolution and textures are so ugly that looks like they are from some cheap and bad PS2 game?
Post automatically merged:

Well it's not about these bugs and that kind of stuff. Yes there's lot of bugs and that kind of things but rly, this game looks UGLY on last gen consoles. It's not bug or anything like that! This shi**y version of game just have 720P or worse resolution and technologically 15-20 years old textures and that kind of s***. CDPR just didnt optimize this game for last gen consoles at all and it looks HORRIBLE!

Last edited:
I saw that Digital Foundry video. While Pro faired quite a bit better; you're completely missing out on a proper experience with anything shy of next gen hardware. Don't cheat yourself. Put the damn thing on a payment plan if you have to lol.
If you watch the video today, they said there is clearly something wrong with the game on consoles. They even seemed like they were holding back. That was on ps5 and series x. It's barely running over 2k on series x at 30 fps. Barely above 1080p on ps5. Not to mention, you can't find a ps5 or series x. Just saying.

I'm on PS4 Pro and the only issues I'm having are low FPS in busy scenes or when driving and a crash every couple of hours. It's not unplayable, I've been having a blast...but I am nervous my system is going to freeze up whenever I go for a drive

I played Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 Pro with the 1.04 hotfix. After a while the game crashes mid game. It happened twice now. I have deleted the game. Problem solved. Hahaha. I'll wait until they release a new hotfix. Come on CDPR. you guys can do it I believe.

Chill, remember No Mans Sky. The Games is amazing right now and i am for sure, i will play it on the XSX.
Just check it out. CD Projects will repair the Game until it works. So take your Time off for other Games.

Just wondering how could they messed up this game so badly on last gen consoles. I mean... compare this to AC: Valhalla, AC: Valhalla is so beautiful game on last gen consoles. It have sharp, rich and beautiful textrures. High and sharp resolutions, beautiful lights and shadows and all and run perfectly smooth. I mean... it too have very big open world with so high and beautiful craphics and a lot of details, and still run perfectly smooth. And how long Ubisoft developed it... 2 years? How long CDPR developed Cyberpunk 2077... 5-7 years? And this is the result on last gen consoles! Ugly 720p resolutions with messy technologically 15-20 years old textures and so on.

Last edited:
Chill, remember No Mans Sky. The Games is amazing right now and i am for sure, i will play it on the XSX.
Just check it out. CD Projects will repair the Game until it works. So take your Time off for other Games.
well yeah they'll probably fix most of the issues but people bought a full priced game and it's gonna take months for them to experience it technically that isn't 720p, and that doesn't worth $60

Just wondering how could they messed up this game so badly on last gen consoles. I mean... compare this to AC: Valhalla, AC: Valhalla is so beautiful game on last gen consoles. It have sharp, rich and beautiful textrures. High and sharp resolutions, beautiful lights and shadows and all and run perfectly smooth. I mean... it too have very big open world with so high and beautiful craphics and a lot of details, and still run perfectly smooth. And how long Ubisoft developed it... 2 years? How long CDPR developed Cynerpunk 2077... 5-7 years? And this is the result on last gen consoles! Ugly 720p resolutions with messy technologically 15-20 years old textures and so on.
true, or look at red dead redemtion 2, watch dogs legion, all open world games and none of this happened with them. Which might go down to the fact that Ubi and Rockstar are huge AAA companies while CDPR has a significantly smaller staff to work on these things. The fact that they had 8 years and it came out this ugly looking is shocking

They rly should have admit that the game is not even near rdy for last gen consoles or they cannot do it for em at all.

Instead, they lied to us by presenting some false video about the game where it looks clearly better than what it really is. So this way he tricked us into buying the game for our last gen consoles.

I mean this happened to me. Just before launch i was wondering should i buy it for PS4 Pro and went to watch some CDPR's gameplay videos of PS4 Pro, and after that i was like ''WOW thats looks good!'' and i bought it right away. And damn i was shocked how ugly it is! After that i tried to get refund but Sony refused to provide it.

Last edited:
well yeah they'll probably fix most of the issues but people bought a full priced game and it's gonna take months for them to experience it technically that isn't 720p, and that doesn't worth $60

true, or look at red dead redemtion 2, watch dogs legion, all open world games and none of this happened with them. Which might go down to the fact that Ubi and Rockstar are huge AAA companies while CDPR has a significantly smaller staff to work on these things. The fact that they had 8 years and it came out this ugly looking is shocking

Dude, i bought the game to on release Day. Chill, they will fix it.

i play on PS4 pro( i had 1 blue screen crash so far and thats after a little over 10 hours of gameplay) but i really really feel they should add in more option for graphic adjustments i.e things like being able to turn off shadows and other things that hinder performance. i mean the options PC gets to set graphics should be a console thing. atm its like playing on my PC with my 1050 TI graphics card. but at least with my PC i would of been able to adjust things so my computer could run it.. the ps4/xbox should'nt be any different ( i cant speak for the new consoles as i cant find a ps5 anyways)

I love the game on the PS4 Pro. I think it really is playable, so there are still bugs, AA-Artifacts are the worst for me ATM.
But the story is just (y)

I had also problems with 2-3 crashes every hour.
I can only reccoment to rebuild your database in the ps4 servicemenu.
After i did the game is loading faster, running a little bit smoother and i had no crash since i did this (last play round was around 6h of gaming.)
Sure there are still bugs and the graphic is not the best on a ps4 but on this way i can play the game and enjoy it until i get my hands on a ps5.

a7Wz4Pr_700b.jpg

Guest 4421288

I had also problems with 2-3 crashes every hour.
I can only reccoment to rebuild your database in the ps4 servicemenu.
After i did the game is loading faster, running a little bit smoother and i had no crash since i did this (last play round was around 6h of gaming.)
Sure there are still bugs and the graphic is not the best on a ps4 but on this way i can play the game and enjoy it until i get my hands on a ps5.

PS5 - Did rebuild too but still crashed after 4hrs. PS5 has same crash problem as PS4 at this stage.

The rebuild database process corrupted my Apex Legends on external USB SSD, so had to redownload that again. Only affected that one game on external USB SSD for some reason.

Maybe I should of unplugged that first, warning to others.

PS5 - Did rebuild too but still crashed after 4hrs. PS5 has same crash problem as PS4 at this stage.

The rebuild database process corrupted my Apex Legends on external USB SSD, so had to redownload that again. Only affected that one game on external USB SSD for some reason.

Maybe I should of unplugged that first, warning to others.

Ok that sucks with apex but so we have a statement to the ps5 here too.

Maybe it is pure luck if it works.

I can only tell from my side it worked fine for me. I have the game on my external usb ssd and after that it works good (well as good as the ps4 version can work)

Top Bottom