This game has been in development for 8 years, and PC gamers fixed the performance in less than a week...

+
Hi All,

After I applied the hex edit which fixes multi threading on AMD CPUs, edited the memory_pool_budgets.csv file to use 10GB of RAM and 8GB of VRAM, and set the exe file tu run as administrator, my performance has improved massively - before I would have drops to 40fps in the corpo district (the worst location in terms of performance for me) and now it's stable at around 100fps...

My rig and settings for reference:
Ryzen 7 3700X, RTX 2070 SUPER, 16GB of RAM,
All settings set to high at 1080p, no RT, DLSS set to quality.

Please try it if you have any performance issues!

The game hasn't been in development for 8 years, not even 7. Game was announced with a cinematic trailer back in 2013 and that trailer was produced by a external studio/artists. Back then, The Witcher 3 was in development, then its free DLC content and two expansion packs through 2015 to 2016. It wasn't only until 2016 that the studio begun to develop Cyberpunk 2077 at full steam, but they also made Thronebreaker and Gwent at the same time, don't forget that either.

I'm very unhappy with the current state of the game, but I'm not going to stand quiet at the shitstorm this studio is getting when they have proved time and time again that they respect us as costumers far more than any other publisher.

Blame the corpo shit for not allowing the studio the time they needed, chumbas.

Fix applied with the Hex Edit that's going around and now running on Raytracing Ultra preset drops as low as 46 in the most populated areas. Otherwise bounces anywhere from 50-60 fps depending on the area.

i5-10400 & 2080S, 32 GB Ram

Fix applied with the Hex Edit that's going around and now running on Raytracing Ultra preset drops as low as 46 in the most populated areas. Otherwise bounces anywhere from 50-60 fps depending on the area.

i5-10400 & 2080S, 32 GB Ram

Can you link me to this Hex Edit fix for performance? The only one a I knew about was the hex fix to the nudity bug.

The community haven't 'fixed' the performance. Sure - some users might benefit from a couple of community fixes, but it's certainly not as simple as that. And this config change floating around isn't the whole story. I guarantee that's not the only config used to manage memory. If it was we wouldn't see 7.5GB of VRAM usage on 8GB cards (speaking from personal experience) and I've tried both the config changes and the HEX value change, but none of them do anything at all. Be it average, min, max framerate, frame pacing, CPU and GPU utilization etc. For me it's identical to when I don't use the changes.
Some users might of course see changes and benefits, but even so it only improves things.

I have 256 GB RAM. how much should i set mine to? im getting poor performance with reflections. My Gpu is 3090 evga ftw3 ultra stock.

I have 256 GB RAM. how much should i set mine to? im getting poor performance with reflections. My Gpu is 3090 evga ftw3 ultra stock.

You could set what you want in memory_pool_budgets.csv, the game fully ignores it (64 GB RAM here).
It runs constantly with 3,5 GB and not a byte more.
IMHO that´s a nonexisting optimization for all PC´s and for the available RAM there.
Keep the memory consumption in line with the consoles, yada yada :rolleyes:

Usually games check things like that ("How much RAM is available ?") for themselfs, without any user intervention and adapt fully to the platform they run on (yes, OTHER games ...)
But hey beggars can´t be choosers, so I would be happly adapt the RAM settings manually if this would work.
The plus on RAM from PC´s would be a huge performance boost if used correctly, imagine to let your whole game and every asset in it run 99,99 % of the time directly from RAM with an addtional prefetch mechanism to get the missing data from the SSD :giggle:

With games getting bigger and much bigger, this time will come in a few years - not only to boost performance to the acceptable range, but also to have even a chance to handle these 200 GB+ data piles.

You could set what you want in memory_pool_budgets.csv, the game fully ignores it (64 GB RAM here).
It runs constantly with 3,5 GB and not a byte more.
IMHO that´s a nonexisting optimization for all PC´s and for the available RAM there.
Keep the memory consumption in line with the consoles, yada yada :rolleyes:

Usually games check things like that ("How much RAM is available ?") for themselfs, without any user intervention and adapt fully to the platform they run on (yes, OTHER games ...)
But hey beggars can´t be choosers, so I would be happly adapt the RAM settings manually if this would work.
The plus on RAM from PC´s would be a big performance boost if used correctly, imagine to let your whole game and every asset in it run 99,99 % of the time directly from RAM with an addtional prefetch mechanism to get the missing data from the SSD :giggle:

I set it to 128GB (131072 MB) and VRAM to 24GB. It did not help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (69).png
    Screenshot (69).png
    4.1 MB · Views: 83
Hi All,

After I applied the hex edit which fixes multi threading on AMD CPUs, edited the memory_pool_budgets.csv file to use 10GB of RAM and 8GB of VRAM, and set the exe file tu run as administrator, my performance has improved massively - before I would have drops to 40fps in the corpo district (the worst location in terms of performance for me) and now it's stable at around 100fps...

My rig and settings for reference:
Ryzen 7 3700X, RTX 2070 SUPER, 16GB of RAM,
All settings set to high at 1080p, no RT, DLSS set to quality.

Please try it if you have any performance issues!
you suggestion did not work. performance is still very poor. playing on 1080p ultra setting. Psycho setting on those "two" settings.
Post automatically merged:

this is why we are know as master race :howdy:
read the comments. the fix does not work.

Attachments

• Screenshot (70).png
    Screenshot (70).png
    4.5 MB · Views: 79
you suggestion did not work. performance is still very poor. playing on 1080p ultra setting. Psycho setting on those "two" settings.
Post automatically merged:

read the comments. the fix does not work.
eheheh, for me work! the pool memory and the amd cpu fix give me a solid 20fps boost in average! im sorry didnt work for you! every machines are different :( i just joking about master race of course :p

Top Bottom