Iconic items should NOT be dismantlable.

+
I think it's OK to dismantle them, but should get the recipe to craft them after dismantle.
You do get the recipe after gaining a iconic weapon
Post automatically merged:

Because you can't get them back in any way. So make it so that they can't be accidentally destroyed.
See no point why not. It will be useless anyways after 1 hour of questing.

Post automatically merged:

You know you can upgrade your gear using the crafting system? Go to the crafting window and click "upgrade." You can have a max level version of that first iconic gun you get from the gun smith in your apartment if you want to.

I forget what it's called, I disassembled it a long time ago by mistake.

You get the recipe to UPGRADE the weapon to the next tier. Which requires the weapon itself as part of the recipe. You can do it over again until you hit legendary tier.

You do realize you can upgrade weapons, right? In the tab next to the crafting list you can pick an item to upgrade. So that low stat weapon can be brought up to max stats if you work on it. Some of the iconic weapons are pretty awesome maxed out.

You get the recipe to UPGRADE the weapon to the next tier. Which requires the weapon itself as part of the recipe. You can do it over again until you hit legendary tier.

You do realize you can upgrade weapons, right? In the tab next to the crafting list you can pick an item to upgrade. So that low stat weapon can be brought up to max stats if you work on it. Some of the iconic weapons are pretty awesome maxed out.
Edit: i do know that. Endgame content is another thing. I do not bother to upgrade rn. Don't see a reason to do so as its hella expensive rn.

Last edited:
Well you can get auto scrap junk items easily enough... but in other cases you might want to chose between scrapping and selling.

Crafting Iconics isn't viable as that requires investing heavily into Tech. Upgrading Iconics isn't viable as it becomes prohibitively resource-expensive, especially on the early-game items.

The practical solution is to just make Iconics craftable without the required crafting perks.

As for my personal gripe with it, my trophy room is kind of desolate because I sold a lot of the earlier Iconics, not knowing I would never get them back. It would be nice for the trophy room to automatically and permanently populate itself with a copy of any Iconics you've picked up that it is able to display.

Whole crafting systems is fubar.

I didn't realize I would need the rare version of the iconic item to "craft" the epic version of that item. I thought it worked like other craftable items and I would be able to craft it from scratch. So I dismantled or sold a lot of the early iconic items, after unlocking the right perk, I tried to "craft" the epic versions of these items and then I was up for a rude awakening.

A little warning would have been nice. Crafting epic items work differently and tutorial fails to mention that.

Crafting Iconics isn't viable as that requires investing heavily into Tech. Upgrading Iconics isn't viable as it becomes prohibitively resource-expensive, especially on the early-game items.

The practical solution is to just make Iconics craftable without the required crafting perks.

As for my personal gripe with it, my trophy room is kind of desolate because I sold a lot of the earlier Iconics, not knowing I would never get them back. It would be nice for the trophy room to automatically and permanently populate itself with a copy of any Iconics you've picked up that it is able to display.

Any spec is viable with the amount of points you get and cyberware to modify your abilities.
With a tech sniper rifle and ping you can basically one shot every enemy in a gig before you open the front door.

Right now there are iconic items that can't be dismantled or sold: Johnny's clothes. Though, they also can't be put in your stash and will remain in your inventory forever. If you upgrade them to a higher tier the original item remains in inventory in addition to the new crafted one. If they'd do the same thing with all iconic items you'll going to pile up junk you can't get rid of and the show cabinet would become useless.

There's a confirmation prompt before you sell an iconic item. No clue why there isn't also one before dismantling.

Top Bottom