Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread and posts here I have actually created a simillar one a while back:

We should really try to merge them together and make it a sticky topic somehow so the devs see that its a big issue. And eventhough we are enjoying the game so far we want the cut content back and the open world which was promised to us.

I didn't follow closely on promises and interviews, because I always think they're useless, but it seems the leaks about ex-devs saying that they literally had 1 year to assemble the game isn't an exaggeration.
Well most of the things are from the official GAMEPLAY REVEAL video. A showcase video of the anticipated gameplay in the final game. Not just an interview or a quick promise. Due to the W.I.P claim they could remove everything without risking a legal case.

What this whole fiasco really needs and really needs badly is the one thing I think we will never get which is an explanation. A full break down of what happened to this feature and that feature. Why is this removed and that a shadow of what was promised. A proper Q&A with honest answers. The closest to that we got was the investors call and the one time someone asked about Expectations vs Reality, the question wasn't answered.

Sadly I think all we can do at this point is vent our frustrations and hopefully they'll listen enough to put some of it back in over the course of several months. I doubt we'll even get a roadmap but that'd at least be a start.

What this whole fiasco really needs and really needs badly is the one thing I think we will never get which is an explanation. A full break down of what happened to this feature and that feature. Why is this removed and that a shadow of what was promised. A proper Q&A with honest answers. The closest to that we got was the investors call and the one time someone asked about Expectations vs Reality, the question wasn't answered.

Sadly I think all we can do at this point is vent our frustrations and hopefully they'll listen enough to put some of it back in over the course of several months. I doubt we'll even get a roadmap but that'd at least be a start.
Hit the nail on the head man and honestly threads like this and mine are made for that reason, in the hopes that we get an explanation or at least catch a community member/devs attention and at least get the ball rolling for why so much was cut and why we got a half baked game in terms of content (NOT JUST bugs)
Post automatically merged:

I didn't follow closely on promises and interviews, because I always think they're useless, but it seems the leaks about ex-devs saying that they literally had 1 year to assemble the game isn't an exaggeration.
got any links for those leaks? not saying youve got no proof would just like a read, have heard a few things like this about the game only really having a pretty standard amount of time in development with things being chopped, changed and removed constantly which was a nightmare and ultimately resulted in this spaghetti coded mess.

Last edited:
Hit the nail on the head man and honestly threads like this and mine are made for that reason, in the hopes that we get an explanation or at least catch a community member/devs attention and at least get the ball rolling for why so much was cut and why we got a half baked game in terms of content (NOT JUST bugs)

Exactly, and we're not here saying this because we hate CDProjekt or Cyberpunk or whatever. We're here because we saw and see how much potential was wasted in this game and it's unbelievable. It's as if they forgot to put on a gameplay team for Cyberpunk.

got any links for those leaks? not saying youve got no proof would just like a read, have heard a few things like this about the game only really having a pretty standard amount of time in development with things being chopped, changed and removed constantly which was a nightmare and ultimately resulted in this spaghetti coded mess.
It was in reports about crunch this Autumn.

Kotaku: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/10/cyberpunk-2077-ps5-xbox-crunch-culture-former-dev/
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/j87tuk/_/g8bxk68
First of all, I can confirm this conversation never happened, if anything the developers have been crunching no-stop since May 2019, where the management was like "oh shit we need to make the game, we must hurry", mind that we were barely out of alpha at that point and even though most developed pointed out that was impossible to do the whole game ALMOST from scratch in one year.

Exactly, and we're not here saying this because we hate CDProjekt or Cyberpunk or whatever. We're here because we saw and see how much potential was wasted in this game and it's unbelievable. It's as if they forgot to put on a gameplay team for Cyberpunk.

Nailed it bro. Most of us are extraordinarily disappointed because of the potential we DO see and have been hearing about for years now. im absolutely disgusted with the state of the game and CDPR as a company but damned if i dont want to see this game reach its full potential to make all my investment over the years be worth it
Post automatically merged:

lol for someone reason your reply quoted someone elses name even though it was me you responsed to lmao

But cheers for the read mate

I like the game. I have fun playing it. The main story and the main side quests are really good, but seeing all these things missing here, reminded me of what we were told and also of what I was missing without even being able to pinpoint it at times, while playing the game. This is a huge let-down, a huge disappointment.
It's almost on a Bioware level of disappointment, in fact I think both in regards to what is missing in the game and how development must have happened, comparisons to Anthem are very much justified.
I hope Jason Schreier does an article about this development hell as well.

This game was in developement for over 9 years. It is impossible not to cut content at all.

Don't. Just don't. Don't look at these lists (yes, several of them) and act like this is just a small cut feature and not as if significant parts of what made people interested and hyped for this game are missing in the released version.
There's really no justification for defending devs when they so obviously failed to deliver a lot of what they promised would be in the game.

Last edited:
^I didn't do it on purpse. Probably forum glitch. I had the same happen to me. Someone replied to another user, but I was in the quote and got notification.

all good. was a good but concerning read. this company isnt what its made out to be
I'm not giving up on CDPR yet, but something went wrong with the development of 2077 and overall their kitchen isn't that different from other AAA companies, when people crunch for years non-stop.

Don't. Just don't. Don't look at these lists (yes, several of them) and act like this is just a small cut feature and not as if significant parts of what made people interested and hyped for this game is missing in the released version.
There's really no justification for defending devs when they so obviously failed to deliver a lot of what they promised would be in the game.

Now put yourself into the shoes of the devs. Given they are passionate about creating games, don't you think if they can fullfil these promises they would? Or do you think they would just cut these content to agitate us?

You don't know what went into the development in these 9 years. If you know anything about SW development then it is not all about just content creation. It's easy for us outsiders to look at it just as content being cut without thinking effort went behind it instead.

Now put yourself into the shoes of the devs. Given they are passionate about creating games, don't you think if they can fullfil these promises they would? Or do you think they would just cut these content to agitate us?

You don't know what went into the development in these 9 years. If you know anything about SW development then it is not all about just content creation. It's easy for us outsiders to look at it just as content being cut without thinking effort went behind it instead.

Ok but most of the features missing was teased and told to players to be there even a year ago so whats happened since then?

We are not talking about things that were mentioned as possible features nine years ago, we are talking about stuff that was supposed to be in the game right up until the actual release. Stuff that was used to advertise the game during the last 12-18 months, in trailers, in interviews etc..
I don't need to know anything about software development to know that gutting a game like this is inexcusable.
Honestly, because people will defend ANYTHING devs do we have the gaming industry we have today.
To release games in a state like this, to promise tons of features and then cut them, those used to be singular occurences up until 10-15 years ago, now it has become the standard.
I'm not trying to personally attack you or pin this on you, but the attitude that persists in a significant part of the gaming community, to defend and excuse a developer, no matter how broken their product is and how much they screwed up, really is definitely a part of the problem in general.
You have to point out screw-ups like this, you have to complain, you have to react by stopping to pre-order games or buy them at release for full price. You have to let the devs and publishers know that you won't just take it, but raise your voice and vote with your wallet.

Ok but most of the features missing was teased and told to players to be there even a year ago so whats happened since then?

Exactly.

Last edited:
I` ve never been in a scenario were i realy realy looove the game but at the same time think it could be sooo much better .
the most frustrating thing is missing things that would be rather easy to implement , like i cant sit down and have a drink out of missions , whyyyy just why ? There is so many small things that none RPG open world games have, that this game doesnt have. Im still enjoying the game and everything i need to know is that the devs are working on those issues, but im starting to doubt that.

Always having underwear on , even in a shower is a design choice ?? Really ?? I thought this game would be an adult rpg that puts immersion first. Why are u able to freaking customize your penis in character creation but u cant be nude in the shower ? Why is there more Prostitutes (that u can "intearact") in a single Brothel in Novigrad then in the entirety of Night City ?

So many beautifull places with nothing to do. Even story and lore relevant places like the afterlife are empty and liveless outside of the story .

I need to know that the devs are planning on upgrading game mechanics and open world rpg elements.
Are those missing features because of a lack of time of implementing them and they will come in the future ? Or are those " design choices " that never will be implemented.

I guess they spent too much money on Keanu Reeves and the Arch bike licensing stuffs... Spent less money on the devs team.

They forgot about the passion of game making, they lost the heart that makes single player game great like they did on TW3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom