[Spoilers likely] What could be the next game's big main story?

+

Hey "choombas",

With all the recent debate and talk about the release of this game...

... why don't we ponder about the next game? Unless it's written in stone already, this topic could also help generate ideas for content for the devs as they plan and tackle the next game over time. To spell it out, your feedback could possibly influence parts of the next game!

What could be the scenarios, plots, protagonists, places?
What would personally interest you and what not so much?

My own suggestion or possible prediction of a new main plot:

1) War!
Reason I made the thread is watching a Let's Play of the game after taking a break, before perhaps doing a new run. The person, in the prologue, read a note that talks about the "Reunification War", giving you some detail about that event in time. In a nutshell, the fractured US went to war with itself (with corporations involved): New United States (of) America (NUSA) vs the Free States.

Near the end, the article ends with predictions saying there is a very high chance that a new conflict will escalate until 2080. Thus, around the corner, basically! Would a war time scenario interest you?

I think it would at least provide an angle into a new plot with drama as well. Away from (just) the streets and survival onto a new form of survival at least, and seeing a new spin in the 3D Cyberpunk world: A war scenario not just with pure battles and engagements but anything evolving around it: Espionage, political influence, information war, drama in-between and trying to help either side gain a decisive victory?

I'm not asking for a Call of Duty, but if done right it's one of the scenarios that provide enough "action" (figuratively and literally) and to add a new spin on things. I believe this would be better suited for its own game rather than a limited DLC.

2) Continuation of more covered themes of the base game: The Net, AIs, Alt, Corporations, power struggles .... Space?
To get away from a more conflict focused main plot, the game out right now already provides a few other implications. The game has sections already that heavily hint at a more artificial adversary or threat. The Black Wall. If you played through that part, you know what I mean and what was referenced.
But perhaps it is also something more human: Corporations going at each other, perhaps a more corporate oriented conflict and power struggle, including new world spaces and areas beyond Earth or in other parts of the globe, at least.

Perhaps Europe that is (as I heard as Cyberpunk novice) notably different in many ways compared to the US. Or the soviet block.

3) Something else!
Maybe something else? The scenarios above also don't account the fact whether we get to see either of those or something else with the protagonist from this game, V - or maybe a new protagonist?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now's your turn. What could be possible? Was something already hinted at heavily? What would you like and dislike to see?

Have at it, possibly influence parts of the next game with your solid arguments!

Hey "choombas",

With all the recent debate and talk about the release of this game...

... why don't we ponder about the next game? Unless it's written in stone already, this topic could also help generate ideas for content for the devs as they plan and tackle the next game over time. To spell it out, your feedback could possibly influence parts of the next game!

What could be the scenarios, plots, protagonists, places?
What would personally interest you and what not so much?

My own suggestion or possible prediction of a new main plot:

1) War!
Reason I made the thread is watching a Let's Play of the game after taking a break, before perhaps doing a new run. The person, in the prologue, read a note that talks about the "Reunification War", giving you some detail about that event in time. In a nutshell, the fractured US went to war with itself (with corporations involved): New United States (of) America (NUSA) vs the Free States.

Near the end, the article ends with predictions saying there is a very high chance that a new conflict will escalate until 2080. Thus, around the corner, basically! Would a war time scenario interest you?

I think it would at least provide an angle into a new plot with drama as well. Away from (just) the streets and survival onto a new form of survival at least, and seeing a new spin in the 3D Cyberpunk world: A war scenario not just with pure battles and engagements but anything evolving around it: Espionage, political influence, information war, drama in-between and trying to help either side gain a decisive victory?

I'm not asking for a Call of Duty, but if done right it's one of the scenarios that provide enough "action" (figuratively and literally) and to add a new spin on things. I believe this would be better suited for its own game rather than a limited DLC.

2) Continuation of more covered themes of the base game: The Net, AIs, Alt, Corporations, power struggles .... Space?
To get away from a more conflict focused main plot, the game out right now already provides a few other implications. The game has sections already that heavily hint at a more artificial adversary or threat. The Black Wall. If you played through that part, you know what I mean and what was referenced.
But perhaps it is also something more human: Corporations going at each other, perhaps a more corporate oriented conflict and power struggle, including new world spaces and areas beyond Earth or in other parts of the globe, at least.

Perhaps Europe that is (as I heard as Cyberpunk novice) notably different in many ways compared to the US. Or the soviet block.

3) Something else!
Maybe something else? The scenarios above also don't account the fact whether we get to see either of those or something else with the protagonist from this game, V - or maybe a new protagonist?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now's your turn. What could be possible? Was something already hinted at heavily? What would you like and dislike to see?

Have at it, possibly influence parts of the next game with your solid arguments!

Honestly, I don’t care about any future game until they can fix and make the current game a worthwhile purchase.

Bring back cut content, optimise the game to actually work on systems that aren’t ridiculously overpowered compared to most systems (yes, this includes making it work on the current gen consoles that they were advertised as being released for), and making the game reach the level they promised during the entire hype train they led.

I'm also more concerned with performance and features that are broken/missing. Past that I don't want to think about anything else besides taking the improvements this game deserves and furthering them with the single player expansions.

I'm also more concerned with performance and features that are broken/missing. Past that I don't want to think about anything else besides taking the improvements this game deserves and furthering them with the single player expansions.

I fully agree. As of this moment, looking at what the next game/story/etc might be comes across as “consoomer” to me, and I don’t mean that to insult OP.

What needs to be focused on is making the game into what it was meant to be. Once the base game is up to snuff, that’s when they should work on DLC/whatever.

Glifu

Forum regular
And they(CDPR) said that they will focus on repairing game in first place, so why can't we wonder about it future?

And they(CDPR) said that they will focus on repairing game in first place, so why can't we wonder about it future?

Because we don’t have the full game in our hands right now.

Looking to the future neglects the needs of what’s right in front of us—once they’ve fixed the train wreck they pulled into our station, and it’s as advertised, that’s when I’ll say we should look to the future.

Glifu

Forum regular
Because we don’t have the full game in our hands right now.

Looking to the future neglects the needs of what’s right in front of us—once they’ve fixed the train wreck they pulled into our station, and it’s as advertised, that’s when I’ll say we should look to the future.
So we can't speak about future story in this amazing world, because they didn't fix game yet?

This shouldn't turn into (yet another) CP2077 bug/(missing)feature thread, even if some might be inclined to draw the connection there.

Let's look ahead! We know the story of this game now, and can at least softly or roughly assess the scope DLCs might take. But I'm more curious about the next game already, plot-wise. Or the possibilities, thereof.

There's implications of a looming Militech and Arasaka corpo war breaking out again. In one of the gigs:

Arasaka was hiring a Valentino gang to run raids on Arasaka convoys. Most likely in hopes of pinning the raid on Militech and justifying a full scale corporate war. I don't think Arasaka quite forgave Militech for assisting terrorists in blowing up their HQ in NC.

Top Bottom