[PC] [Bug] NCPD Assault in Progress stuck, blocking achievement & 100% playthrough

+
So far, I've been able to circumvent all the bugs that I've encountered and managed to push on through.
This is the first bug that has actively blocked my progression through a (side) mission.

Earlier in the game, I briefly crossed into the City Center region (Corpo Plaza subregion), explored and dealt with some side hustles, one of them involving a location with a dead NCPD officer. The marker didn't seem to disappear after clearing the location, but I moved on and eventually forgot about it.

This was a mistake in hindsight, as the suggested 'fix' for these types of bugs seems to be reloading a save.

Upon revisiting the marker (Corpo Plaza pier, Assault in Progress, where the evidence is supposed to be on the dead cop) later on, I noticed that enemies had respawned there. After clearing them out like I had many other NCPD hustles, I remembered that I had visited the location earlier (and already looted the officer). Therefore, I found that I cannot 'gather evidence' from the dead officer, as I already have it. I checked which piece of evidence (in addition to other loot) I'm supposed to get and I can confirm that I do indeed have the shard "Archived Conversation: Maria And Sebastian "Padre" Ibarra" in my inventory (I did loot the officer upon first visiting the location).

The marker for this side hustle is placed directly on the officer's body. I no longer have any way of interacting with it (the body) though. I have no way of completing this mission. I'm not sure why it didn't complete when I initially looted the body. This means I now have no way of completing all mission in the City Center region, thus preventing me from fullfilling the requirements for the related achievement.

While this does not really break the game, it does mean I'm no longer able to complete a 100% run on my first character.
I couldn't find any solution myself (including console commands), so I'll leave this here.
I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice in general.

If nothing else, I hope that this bug can be fixed for future playthroughs.

Attachments

• Bug_Location.PNG
    Bug_Location.PNG
    4.4 MB · Views: 2,862
  • Bug_Map.PNG
    Bug_Map.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,891
  • Bug_Shard.PNG
    Bug_Shard.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 2,490
You can always report it here:

However, considering how much is going on these days it might take some time for CDPR support to respond.

And yes, the longer you carry bugs like that around, the harder they are to get rid of. Even if the source of the problem gets fixed eventually, it might not always solve the consequence, especially if a lot has happened in between.

You can always report it here:

Especially considering how much CDPR will have to deal with, I'm fine with letting this one remain here. In my opinion, that URL should be used for bigger bugs in more important quests. This is just a smaller issues with one of the smallest side jobs.

As an update for those who have the same issue:
I have reached max level and entered lategame territory. I've completed all other gigs and scanner hustles. The marker for the Assault in Progress still remains, but I've just gotten the achievement (City Lights - Complete all gigs and NCPD Scanner Hustles in City Center), so it seems the flag for quest completion was at least triggered, although I'm still unsure why the quest didn't finish in full.

I suppose the marker will serve as a reminder for this savegame. Might just make this a 99.9% run.. For what it is - I haven't had any other lingering bugs (most can be resolved by reloading as soon as they happen), in over 70 hours of playtime.

Attachments

• Bug_Map2.PNG
    Bug_Map2.PNG
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,174
I have the exact same issue for the exact same reason, and I thought I wasn't gonna be able to do the 100% because of that.
BUT fortunately I did the rest of the side jobs of that area and I still got the achievement, even tho I still have the marker as you can see in the screenshot attached.

You should give it a try, I hope it works for you as it worked for me!

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    5 MB · Views: 1,302
I have the exact same issue for the exact same reason, and I thought I wasn't gonna be able to do the 100% because of that.
BUT fortunately I did the rest of the side jobs of that area and I still got the achievement, even tho I still have the marker as you can see in the screenshot attached.

You should give it a try, I hope it works for you as it worked for me!
I've gotten the achievement as well. See my second post itt.
I've started a second playthrough and I think I know what happened:
  1. In Act I, you can find the objectives to Assault in Progress NCPD hustles, even if they are not unlocked yet. They will still be marked on your screen with an objective's yellow exclamation mark, once you're close enough
  2. If you pick the items off the objective (in my case, the cop's body), they will not respawn later on
  3. In Act II, when the Assault in Progress actually unlocks, the marker is shown on the map
  4. Because we've already 'completed' the mission, we're now unable to actually finish it and get rid of the marker
This is why there was a second batch of enemies there for me. Side hustle enemies aren't supposed to respawn as far as I can tell. However, because the mission hadn't been 'started' by the game when I 'completed' it, the enemies must have respawned when the mission & marker were triggered in Act II.

I did cross into Corpo Plaza in Act I, to explore, and must have come across that objective marker.
The only fix for now seems to be: Do not loot objectives for missions/side hustles that are not 'active' yet.
One way to make sure is to just stick to the North for Act I or better yet, to the main missions (and maybe Kabuki), since there are 'inactive' side hustles in the North during Act I too (I've confirmed one in Watson, where I could 100% loot an inactive hustle's objective).

Not sure how it's actually implemented in the game, but my suggestions for a fix would be:
> Spawn/allow looting of side hustle quest loot only once the marker & mission are active​
or
> Check if a player has completed inactive hustle objectives already, and auto-complete those when they're activated​

I have this issue too, in Japatown. I'm waiting a patch.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 - Assault in Progress Issue.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 - Assault in Progress Issue.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 610
I have this issue too, in Japatown. I'm waiting a patch.
You went through that area before too? Picked up the loot before the mission was "activated" on the map?
Might be a relatively simple fix, as mentioned above, once CDPR gets to it. Again, it's likely (and sadly) very low on the list of priorities right now.

You went through that area before too? Picked up the loot before the mission was "activated" on the map?
Might be a relatively simple fix, as mentioned above, once CDPR gets to it. Again, it's likely (and sadly) very low on the list of priorities right now.

I picked up the evidence before I killed the targets. But the mission was active. It was my first mission of its kind, so I didn't know what to do. Thanks for listening.

I've got one in Watson where the containers are and you have to loot 1 of the NCPD officers near the Police Car (The one smack bang in middle of the 3 drop points under Offshore St Fast Travel point) and one in Heywood somewhere which I can't see but that could be because that follows on from the Police officers in Watson like some do
Post automatically merged:

Could be right their, when I started doing the Cyberpsycho missions one mission got bugged when i jumped over a wall to the homeless Camp Cyberpsycho, Regina called me as I jumped the wall this made her stay in the call after she had finished also it wouldn't let the Cyberpsycho spawn also i couldn't scan or do anything like pick intel up of bodies or anything I fixed that load last autosave

Last edited:
So far, I've been able to circumvent all the bugs that I've encountered and managed to push on through.
This is the first bug that has actively blocked my progression through a (side) mission.

Earlier in the game, I briefly crossed into the City Center region (Corpo Plaza subregion), explored and dealt with some side hustles, one of them involving a location with a dead NCPD officer. The marker didn't seem to disappear after clearing the location, but I moved on and eventually forgot about it.

This was a mistake in hindsight, as the suggested 'fix' for these types of bugs seems to be reloading a save.

Upon revisiting the marker (Corpo Plaza pier, Assault in Progress, where the evidence is supposed to be on the dead cop) later on, I noticed that enemies had respawned there. After clearing them out like I had many other NCPD hustles, I remembered that I had visited the location earlier (and already looted the officer). Therefore, I found that I cannot 'gather evidence' from the dead officer, as I already have it. I checked which piece of evidence (in addition to other loot) I'm supposed to get and I can confirm that I do indeed have the shard "Archived Conversation: Maria And Sebastian "Padre" Ibarra" in my inventory (I did loot the officer upon first visiting the location).

The marker for this side hustle is placed directly on the officer's body. I no longer have any way of interacting with it (the body) though. I have no way of completing this mission. I'm not sure why it didn't complete when I initially looted the body. This means I now have no way of completing all mission in the City Center region, thus preventing me from fullfilling the requirements for the related achievement.

While this does not really break the game, it does mean I'm no longer able to complete a 100% run on my first character.
I couldn't find any solution myself (including console commands), so I'll leave this here.
I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice in general.

If nothing else, I hope that this bug can be fixed for future playthroughs
Fix Using CyberCAT save edit:

{
"Hash": 726726618,
"FactName": "street_violence_02_thx",
"Value": 0
},

{
"Hash": 1338077494,
"FactName": "la_street_violence_02_pause",
"Value": 1
},

{
"Hash": 3117495712,
"FactName": "ma_hey_rey_01_finished",
"Value": 1
},

{
"Hash": 3322164107,
"FactName": "la_street_violence_02",
},

{
"Hash": 3854193866,
"FactName": "la_street_violence_02_victim_on_ground",
},

Method: Installed CyberCAT from https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/718

Downloaded Save file starting at Act 2 from https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/263?tab=files

Went close to the crime spot from your .png, and did a manual save.
completed NCPd assault quest and saved.

Used CyberCAT to open first save and export to text and saved text file. Did the same with the second file.
Used Notepad++ with comparison plugin to determine the quest facts that have changed.

Used CyberCAT to edit MY actual game play save file after making a backup of course, and adding in the quest facts listed above.

I hope this helps anyone that's having problems with Cyberpunk 2077 quests.

A special thanks to SirBitesalot for his/her save editor, and all the peeps behind notepad++, and of course the guys at cdpr for a stunningly beautiful game, and ofc Nexusmods.com

Have this issue on Xbox, with the Assault under right by Martin St in Northside, Watson. I killed all the enemies, opened the chest, and got the loot, but the Assault did not complete. Now the chest is opened, and I can't open it again, despite the fact that the marker is telling me to open it.

This is the last piece In Watson I need for the achievement.

As mentioned above, it's best to report this via the support website. On this website you find the same article for other platforms as well. For example, here's the Xbox version: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...i-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-9

But in general, I'd load an earlier save game and try again. Sometimes it helps to do things a bit differently (in case the order of events triggered the issue...). If that's not possible, CDPR support is probably your best shot.

Top Bottom