Wild theory about what might have happened concerning lack of features and stuff

+
The game looks decent on PS4 Pro. It has issues with pop in and frame rate issues, which is a huge giveaway that it’s an optimisation issue.

And the whole thing about the world disappearing after it leaves your LoS is a standard in the industry. Look at BotW, it uses that feature, and the game works well. Ghost of Tsushima also does this, and works well. The issue is optimisation. It’s not like we’re trying to get it to work on a PS3.

I'm not talking about viewport optimization, i'm talking about quickly and slightly edging your camera to the right and then back and suddenly large crowds of people just vanish in a split second. provide me a list of games where that happens as a standard.

As it stands right now, for PC you have to have an essential dreadnought of a PC to run the game perfectly, and that’s just not feasible for everyone.

I run it @ 1080, using a 960Gtx, I5, 16gig.

Im below the lowest setting and it runs smoothly.

I guess the game has been rebooted during développement, probably cause they went too ambitious and realised too late they wouldn't be able to ship it on time,

They most likely tried to pull it off as good as they could at last minute I guess.

I'm not talking about viewport optimization, i'm talking about quickly and slightly edging your camera to the right and then back and suddenly large crowds of people just vanish in a split second. provide me a list of games where that happens as a standard.

Telltale sign of poor optimisation, there. It’s something easily fixed with patches. If this was an issue with the actual function of this method, then we’d have seen this and have overcome it (as we more than likely did when implementing this into the industry) long ago. Optimisation and proper coding is usually the issue, and in some cases the issue does come down to hardware, but this clearly isn’t the case.

I can tell you exactly what happened, they split their focus. Trying to get the game out on all the platforms at the same time, which caused the current state of the game.
Don't get me wrong the game is still really really good and I am enjoying it immensely but if they would have focused on the PC version more and the other versions less [im talking about the next-gen consoles, I know the ps4 and Xbox versions ended up being a mess regardless.] then maybe we would have had the missing features; like the ability to un-track quests, or walk, or use brain-dance, or pick up loot that registers as loot when you scan it with your optics but can't pick it up because it wasn't given a hitbox or placed in the world correctly.
I am in NO WAY saying that the console versions shouldn't have been a thing they absolutely should be, I think it's great that CDPR is making sure that everyone can experience their awesomeness. I just don't think it should have been done all at once. They could have very easily gone back later and done versions for consoles.
Then everyone would be happy......well happier anyway, because let's face it even if this game came out with all the features they said it would have people would still find a reason to complain about it instead of enjoy it for what it is, and when you boil it all down the game is still really really good even though as mentioned above it could have used some more cook time. Having said all that I have no doubt that CDPR will have the situation righted in no time. [cite example Witcher 3]

I run it @ 1080, using a 960Gtx, I5, 16gig.

Im below the lowest setting and it runs smoothly.

I guess the game has been rebooted during développement, probably cause they went too ambitious and realised too late they wouldn't be able to ship it on time,

They most likely tried to pull it off as good as they could at last minute I guess.

I wouldn’t say it was ambition that got it—you can always fit ambition in and make it work.

I, with many others, agree that the game needed to be delayed. But that’s not the case anymore and it needs to be fixed with patches, finished with patches. I have faith in them, so far. But we will see whether my faith in them is for nothing or not.

I, with many others, agree that the game needed to be delayed. But that’s not the case anymore

i agree with this. I was impatient as anybody else for it to be released, but i would've gladly been impatient for 6 more months if it meant not having to have this first impression tainted so badly. i'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't had really any game breaking bugs outside a day 0 release issue of the camera jumping outside the building i was in during a cutscene and not recovering. everything else has just been invisible npcs and weird physics glitches that happen very rarely. 99% of my issues are from the fact that this game world is extremely shallow content-wise. huge beautiful city with no real pulse. almost all npcs are just robotic scenery. i hate the fact you can just walk through them like they are holograms.

I had something happen to me on a film project I helped make a while back. Editor forgot to make backups of footage and then their hard drive crashed. Lost 65% of the footage for the short film. Wasn't enough time or resources to reshoot so they had to make due with a previous "bare bones" cut and some additional B-roll footage. Film was kind of a disaster.

Y'all think something similar happened with Cyberpunk? They had a bunch of the dynamic systems/features from the 2018 tech demo all stored in one place then lost the data somehow? All the things like, most clothing items, dynamic combat animations, barber/tattoo/plastic surgery shops, AI routines and programming, other weapon types, polished textures for current gen console versions, cyberweapon bonus abilities, etc. all just got lost/deleted by mistake and then they had t0 rush to fix the problem?

I know this is a potentially crazy conspiracy theory, but given how shallow a lot of the features are in the game, I'm kinda curious if maybe something happened and they had a major setback somewhere in the last year of development. IDK. Just a weird thought.

No, it's the same thing it's been since the dawn of time. This is why this is such a bitter disappointment anyone with any gaming experience could have stood up and say this is going too far. They overreached with content and story paths. They were supposed to do three different paths with branch narratives WITHIN those paths. Instead, we got ONE path with no branches.

They had to many different systems and feature going at the same time so when one feature relies on another feature lets say COPs, for example, require DRIVING AI if the DRIVING AI isn't featured then you have to pull the cops AI as well because they can no longer reach you. That's what we have in the game. The cops teleport instead as a placeholder fix. Which to put that into laymen means they put that in at the last second because that literally takes maybe a few days to code. DAYS <- out of 9 years they put in something that was made in a few days.

That is a HORRIBLE mismanagement. They need to fire their ENTIRE management team. Especially those at the top.

Top Bottom