[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
In the Arasaka ending you get a brain surgery that doesn't use the soulkiller. Granted you still die in 6 month. But without any tempering with your consciousness.
Oh shit, really? Having only heard summaries of the other endings, I was under the impression even Arasaka would do the whole Soulkill-and-replace method. Does this one also lead into the space heist ending?

I'm retracting my hyper cynical claim that suicide is the best ending: I now think this one is less bad than suicide. Now I'm on the same page as the 6 months left people; just without Panam.

Yep. And you know what would solve this?

If we actually got to keep playing the game after the ending - provided we got an ending where V doesn't die - instead of ploping us back at the "point of no return" save.

This is, I think, the other half of the problem. Not only does V get the BS 6 month death clock, it's also told to us, not shown. If the process put her in agonizing pain and she spent those last 6 months zonked out on pain killers or something, I still wouldn't be okay with that, but at least it would make sense. A brief PLAYABLE epilogue for each ending could solve a lot of this.

Game still needs an optional happy ending, though.

I agree with the happier ending. But I've said it a few times: the spiritual and mystic elements of the game aren't here by accident (tarot cards and their underlying meanings) and shouldn't be discounted.
  • It's in the progress menu.
  • You spend an entire quest scanning 20 of them.
  • Misty gives you an initial outlook which is grim and uncertain.
  • You literally star gaze with Panam during a heist.
  • The Rubik's cube has the devil imprinted on it.
  • There's few achievements named after them.
  • Misty reads your final card draw at the end of the video roll.
The symbolism behind the tarot cards have weight - more than some are giving it credit for. It's ominous and dark in some endings, and optimistic and hopeful in others. The writer(s) might as well be slapping us in the face with them. I don't really think V meets his end in 6 months...not when you factor in the tarot cards.

Oh shit, really? Having only heard summaries of the other endings, I was under the impression even Arasaka would do the whole Soulkill-and-replace method. Does this one also lead into the space heist ending?

I'm retracting my hyper cynical claim that suicide is the best ending: I now think this one is less bad than suicide. Now I'm on the same page as the 6 months left people; just without Panam.
Wonder why I restarted corpo? :smart:

I love that! @BGM45
I might have to force myself to start a new playthrough with a fresh V to experience the side stories. I don't think I can touch my first V before DLCs or story fixes, but I can probably start a new story.

If you haven't finished the quest for Delamain you might not want to read this, but...

One of the Delamain cabs does a solid impression of GLADOS from Portal, and even worked 5 or 6 of her famous lines into dialogue that actually works. It then brainhacks some random nearby NPCs and they try to kill you.

Anyhow, I'm considering the same. Basically roll a new character, then stop playing the main quests entirely after Act 2 starts. After Johnny finishes kicking your ass, you can more or less ignore him, as long as you can tolerate the jarring disconnect between the urgency of your condition and all the side gigs you're doing that you really don't have time for.

Maybe, maybe not. If Star Citizen drops its next update by tomorrow, probably not. If I'm going to deal with something this buggy, I'd rather it be a MMO where my progression isn't all for naught.

it is the second option in this route, if V not-so-politely declines their offer to be uploaded to a cloud

It's like I was saying earlier, you kind of have to get into the right mindset to play this again currently, after knowing how limited your choice actually is. It can still be played and enjoyed, it just leaves a bitter taste in your mouth thinking you actually had choice.
Exactly, and that bitter taste will always be there when I see my V from my very first playthrough. I know it might be stupid, but he is a very well written character and I just feel too attached to him.

I also realised that since I've finished the last mission, I've not touched the game but browse this forum. I am kinda starting to realise that I use this space as a way to interact wit the "game" still without experiencing that dissapointing feeling after booting up my last save.

What do you guys think about Misty's card reading at the credits roll? She says the reading is weak without you there but in some of them there is still hope apparently depending on your ending? How much weight do you give to that? But what is the point of that when the game tells you before hand you are out of the picture in 6 mnths time.

My issue with them is that they seem off time-wise, when are they supposed to be calling you? Right after the ending?

Exactly, and that bitter taste will always be there when I see my V from my very first playthrough. I know it might be stupid, but he is a very well written character and I just feel too attached to him.

I also realised that since I've finished the last mission, I've not touched the game but browse this forum. I am kinda starting to realise that I use this space as a way to interact wit the "game" still without experiencing that dissapointing feeling after booting up my last save.
It's like I was saying when I first posted this morning. I picked up my corpo from the very beginning of the game, and found myself having a lot of fun playing the game again, DESPITE the endings. I ended up sinking several hours into the game before even knowing it! There is still a good game here. It's too bad, we can't all have our ideal character, but what we have isn't so limiting that the game is completely unplayable.

It took me some time to reflect, and actually play the game again to understand this. I won't ever forgive cdpr for the bait and switch, but I acknowledge that they made a great game, aside from the endings.

After Johnny finishes kicking your ass, you can more or less ignore him, as long as you can tolerate the jarring disconnect between the urgency of your condition and all the side gigs you're doing that you really don't have time for.

you also keep experiencing that near-fainting thing from time to time after side quests, but basically yeah. time is just an illusion anyway, right?

it is the second option in this route, if V not-so-politely declines their offer to be uploaded to a cloud
My corpo will go for the cloud, but the option is there. And I think you get to screw Johnny over as well for either or.

i briefly brought up that 6 months ending earlier, but people always end up bringing up Panam or whatever for some reason.

No, I personally was dissapointed in my ending even though I was so sure that my choice was the only "true" clean way to save him.
After the brain surgery, Hellman told me that I ended up with cancer essentially and that I have two options. Either I go back to earth and live another 6 month, or sign a contract that Arasaka uploads my enegma into Mikoshi and they will give me a new body once they find one. Ofc as a street kid who's whole mission was to survive without he soulkill, I decided to go back to Earth. Only to find out I am not given the chance to say proper goodbye to my loved ones and the scene simply fade out.

If they wanted our V dead in the first place, why give us romances if they don´t matter. why give us the hope of chasing our goal(because they want us to play obviously), but seriously. In this game, state of now, you can´t achieve anything. point.

I did a post yesterday, for what needs to be done to make this game replayable for those with heart and emotions.
You others, who prefer the dark endings as of now, can keep those, but I wish for players like me, that they at least add those things for us, so that we all can enjoy this game.

The symbolism behind the tarot cards have weight - more than some are giving it credit for.

I was very pleasantly surprised when it came up, and even more so when I noticed a pattern of where the graffitis appear. someone has put a great deal of thought into the symbolism, it's so cool.

No, I personally was dissapointed in my ending even though I was so sure that my choice was the only "true" clean way to save him.
After the brain surgery, Hellman told me that I ended up with cancer essentially and that I have two options. Either I go back to earth and live another 6 month, or sign a contract that Arasaka uploads my enegma into Mikoshi and they will give me a new body once they find one. Ofc as a street kid who's whole mission was to survive without he soulkill, I decided to go back to Earth. Only to find out I am not given the chance to say proper goodbye to my loved ones and the scene simply fade out.
I don't really understand why people keep saying nomad is the best ending. Arasaka offers the best options.

My corpo will go for the cloud, but the option is there. And I think you get to screw Johnny over as well for either or.

i briefly brought up that 6 months ending earlier, but people always end up bringing up Panam or whatever for some reason.
guess my spoiler tag wasn't needed lol!
But yeah. tbh I would have been completely fine with that ending if i was actually put back into he city and have one less quest where I visit my friends and say goodbye to them. Those voicemails imo were off the mark.

I was very pleasantly surprised when it came up, and even more so when I noticed a pattern of where the graffitis appear. someone has put a great deal of thought into the symbolism, it's so cool.
Some people think the tarot cards and hope for copy V isn't enough from cdpr though. As if they weren't already screaming to the sky yeah copy V finds/will find a cure!

You got a ending guys?. Well, my main story ended and i can get further. So i do side quest. Somehow my Main Story disappear. But i play on the PS4. So who knows.

I don't really understand why people keep saying nomad is the best ending. Arasaka offers the best options.
Because V kinda continues to live with friends and loved ones, even for a short time apparently. Arasaka one is really iffy , because, they are evil. So you either die or become a property of Arasaka in Mikoshi project.

guess my spoiler tag wasn't needed lol!
But yeah. tbh I would have been completely fine with that ending if i was actually put back into he city and have one less quest where I visit my friends and say goodbye to them. Those voicemails imo were off the mark.
It's kind of annoying that even if you choose that ending you can't go back and do the rest of night city.

Top Bottom