[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
You got a ending guys?. Well, my main story ended and i can get further. So i do side quest. Somehow my Main Story disappear. But i play on the PS4. So who knows.
I think you got put back to your last save before Point of no return. Or PS4 version is indeed something else.

Because V kinda continues to live with friends and loved ones, even for a short time apparently. Arasaka one is really iffy , because, they are evil. So you either die or become a property of Arasaka in Mikoshi project.
Again, are you really sure that you die? The story of CB2077 isn't over yet.

"
How many of you were familiar with cyberpunk, and I don't mean just the game but the whole setting?

Whether it was Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, movies like Bladerunner and ghost in shell, maybe books like Neuromancer etc.
Because it seems to me people went into this game/story with their own ideas of what cyberpunk is...

I understand the need for a happy ending, I really do. But truly happy endings in this setting are always rare. There is always something stopping the main character form achieving it. (death, loss of a loved one, depression, merger with an AI ang I can go on and on. The point I'm trying to make is that in this kind of world you are a spec of dust, irrelevant and changing the world for the better is basically impossible. The best you can count on is to continue living in some fucked up way.)

Now to the endings,

This game has multiple endings and not a single one of them is outright bad or good. What do I mean by that is that they are all bitter sweet. "

---

I'm pretty sure any ending where you die is a bad ending, lol...

My cyberpunk experience is Ghost in the Shell and Deus Ex, and the main character doesn't die in any of those games or shows. And every single time they merge with another -- it was THEIR choice.

guess my spoiler tag wasn't needed lol!
But yeah. tbh I would have been completely fine with that ending if i was actually put back into he city and have one less quest where I visit my friends and say goodbye to them. Those voicemails imo were off the mark.

makes it only more depressing, because they don´t know where you are and maybe already dead at that point.

"
How many of you were familiar with cyberpunk, and I don't mean just the game but the whole setting?

Whether it was Cyberpunk, Shadowrun, movies like Bladerunner and ghost in shell, maybe books like Neuromancer etc.
Because it seems to me people went into this game/story with their own ideas of what cyberpunk is...

I understand the need for a happy ending, I really do. But truly happy endings in this setting are always rare. There is always something stopping the main character form achieving it. (death, loss of a loved one, depression, merger with an AI ang I can go on and on. The point I'm trying to make is that in this kind of world you are a spec of dust, irrelevant and changing the world for the better is basically impossible. The best you can count on is to continue living in some fucked up way.)

Now to the endings,

This game has multiple endings and not a single one of them is outright bad or good. What do I mean by that is that they are all bitter sweet. "

---

I'm pretty sure any ending where you die is a bad ending, lol...

My cyberpunk experience is Ghost in the Shell and Deus Ex, and the main character doesn't die in any of those games or shows. And every single time they merge with another -- it was THEIR choice.
You should try finding fatals posts, he explains everything perfectly abut cyberpunk and will nulify your every argument in this post, sorry.

I will add some context to this. Imagine Thane Krios from Mass Effect 2/3 for example. He had a terminal illness. There is a lot of room for writing V still available. Why do you think I was so optimistic this morning?

I should add, the reason I bring up Thane is, even if we don't find a cure. There is potential for even endings where V dies, to make that death meaningful.

Last edited:
as a quick sidenote, I wanted to tell you all guys that you are awesome and this whole thread helped me to go through all the stages of grief, albeit somewhat backwards. like the anger came second to last, but c'est la vie.

keep up the good work, and, as some great salarian general once said, hold the line :howdy:

Same goes for Nomad ending, is it a copy or real V. Everything is just so fkd up honestly.
Admittedly I didn't finish the Panam quests, so I'm not sure if after my Arasaka quest, I would have had the option to set off into the sunset with them. Might have to try that...
..but then... if I don't get to... then I've just put myself through the same torture twice...:facepalm::cry:

You should try finding fatals posts, he explains everything perfectly abut cyberpunk and will nulify your every argument in this post, sorry.

Wish we could pin it somehow! Every time someone new pops in with those arguments we have to repeat ourselves. There were some perfect explanations in this thread about the nature of cyberpunk.

After reading more on the Arasaka ending it's pretty clear there's more room for a post-game arc to come into play. All three arcs have a reason to return to NC (or go elsewhere in search of help).

I originally thought you go straight into Mikoshi no matter what.

as a quick sidenote, I wanted to tell you all guys that you are awesome and this whole thread helped me to go through all the stages of grief, albeit somewhat backwards. like the anger came second to last, but c'est la vie.

keep up the good work, and, as some great salarian general once said, hold the line :howdy:
Likewise! Reading these posts helped a lot and gave me hope that there will be more out there for V! And for us!

The endings are pretty "Bad" ? They aren't bad, but they're bad. They sit in a weird space for me. There doesn't need to be all happy endings, but there need to be endings that allow us to play post end game. The whole "kill V off and send back to a checkpoint" logic was honestly stupid. They've made it apparent that V one way or the other will survive, so in typical RPG fashion, there should be endings that leave slight cliffhangers as we fck around NC waiting to see what happens in 6 months.

Admittedly I didn't finish the Panam quests, so I'm not sure if after my Arasaka quest, I would have had the option to set off into the sunset with them. Might have to try that...
..but then... if I don't get to... then I've just put myself through the same torture twice...:facepalm::cry:
It's just a disguise of a better ending, the part with Alt completely destroys you and after that the chat with Panam/Judy just makes you wanna jump of the bridge.

The endings are pretty "Bad" ? They aren't bad, but they're bad. They sit in a weird space for me. There doesn't need to be all happy endings, but there need to be endings that allow us to play post end game. The whole "kill V off and send back to a checkpoint" logic was honestly stupid. They've made it apparent that V one way or the other will survive, so in typical RPG fashion, there should be endings that leave slight cliffhangers as we fck around NC waiting to see what happens in 6 months.
Naaah man, it's so much better to kill main character, and then, this is the best part, you come back in time as a walking corpse knowing you gonna die.... No wait....:giveup:

It's just a disguise of a better ending, the part with Alt completely destroys you and after that the chat with Panam/Judy just makes you wanna jump of the bridge.
But I mean if I decide to go with the Arasaka surgery and skip Alt's solution completely, do i still get to ride off with Panam and her family into the sunset? I know that Kerry will just ditch my ass if I do that in the other endings so that is a whole different beef i have with love interests...

Top Bottom