Proof that the 6 month montage with Jackie was definitely cut content

+
It's also pretty plausible that the whole thing with the Padre is nothing but an ordinary oversight. In the grand scheme of things the only part that makes this a bit inconsistent is the timing of the dialogue. In a crunch that's exactly the kind of fridge logic that will slip through while everyone is focusing on putting out bigger fires.

Still would like for them to flesh that out, along with all the other content left out.

Exactly. Didn’t TW3 have a stupid long story? Why stop that trend with Cyberpunk? Give me all the story you can shove into that game, make me play it for years just to get every ounce of story out of it.

Jesus, isn’t that what TW3 basically did?
Well apparently analytics showed that majority of the players never finished or found the main story too long so they decided it's a good excuse to shorten this one. Unfortunately that knife seem to have slipped a bit too much imo. The story is short, especially if you give in the to fake urgency it gives.
Post automatically merged:

we all know a lot of things didnt make it to the final product, you can look at early gameplay and post they made about what we are going to get vs what we got.
All they said was that we gonna get bug and performance fixes.

Also this :

Also this :

EFFING THIS. Since when did they decide “nah, we’ll give them less options”, and even if it’s not, why make it hard to actually get super in-depth? The UI for that screen looks a hell of a lot more comprehensive than what we get.

Well apparently analytics showed that majority of the players never finished or found the main story too long so they decided it's a good excuse to shorten this one. Unfortunately that knife seem to have slipped a bit too much imo. The story is short, especially if you give in the to fake urgency it gives.

All they said was that we gonna get bug and performance fixes.

Exactly. Many people will make it seem like they said they’ll put everything in over time, and they haven’t said that yet. They just said they’d fix performance, nothing more, nothing less.

lets keep em coming. CDPR community managers i hope you're noticing that WE are picking this stuff up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kdvp10
I thought I was crazy when I ran into this! When I saw Padre in the montage it was obvious you know him, then when I entered Heywood for the first time they spoke over the phone and meet for the first time. This definitely needs to be fixed.

Tbh, a lot of gangs and characters need better introductions I think (I haven't finished the game yet, but so far that's how I feel)

EFFING THIS. Since when did they decide “nah, we’ll give them less options”, and even if it’s not, why make it hard to actually get super in-depth? The UI for that screen looks a hell of a lot more comprehensive than what we get.

Exactly. Many people will make it seem like they said they’ll put everything in over time, and they haven’t said that yet. They just said they’d fix performance, nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah, People also said that the nudity bug is just that, a bug. But as it turns out it's not. Unfortunately as things stand atm, I have no reason to believe CDPR will treat this game as a unfinished product. As I see, they will fix bugs and perdormance, quality of life changes that should be in the game already (i.e: disability support) then move on to push out the DLCs and multiplayer as they planned.

Yeah, People also said that the nudity bug is just that, a bug. But as it turns out it's not. Unfortunately as things stand atm, I have no reason to believe CDPR will treat this game as a unfinished product. As I see, they will fix bugs and perdormance, quality of life changes that should be in the game already (i.e: disability support) then move on to push out the DLCs and multiplayer as they planned.

Exactly. And presuming the DLCs don’t improve the things where the game needs it the most—bugs and frame rate aside—I’ll be very hesitant to buy their games moving forward.

TO his point i believe the OG Witcher 3 develop team is long gone, either changed job or anything, CDPR just borrowed the fame they got from W3 and milked the profit.

In case you didnt know, the devs left in troves after Witcher 3, apparently because of the working conditions and crunch.

Exactly. Didn’t TW3 have a stupid long story?
Not in my opinion. Not in comparison to a bunch of other AAA-titles.

In case you didnt know, the devs left in troves after Witcher 3, apparently because of the working conditions and crunch.

Not in my opinion. Not in comparison to a bunch of other AAA-titles.

Which only makes my point even more apparent, honestly.

One of the issues I have with the main story is how you are thrust into it at a VERY early stage, and then nothing is quite the same.

If there had been more quest content before the heist (and open city), I feel that would've been better for the game.

One of the issues I have with the main story is how you are thrust into it at a VERY early stage, and then nothing is quite the same.

If there had been more quest content before the heist (and open city), I feel that would've been better for the game.
Definitely. I would have liked to have done some fun side missions with Jackie (like drinking and getting into mischief, spending time with mama Welles etc)

Last edited:
I hope they don't turn into BioWare but I had no idea so many people left after TW3
Probably too much. We have had rumours of management staff being awful from x employees and CDPRs response basically being if they can't handle the work environment oh well. Kinda seems like things buckled and broke when the importance of a good management team came to the forefront with Covid.

We have had rumours of management staff being awful from x employees and CDPRs response basically being if they can't handle the work environment oh well.

This type of response is seeded into inconsiderate employers in every single industry on this planet. Especially in industries where profit margins are everything. It's unfortunate this is the way things are. But, they just, are. Employers who believe a stance like this, will never change, fact. If anything their inconsiderate practices will likely get worse. Stubbornness begets stubbornness.

Just to clarify: I'm not having a go directly at CDP for practices which may or may not be considered inconsiderate by their hard working employees. I'm just stating what is.

Last edited:
Nqh I don't buy it on this theory.
I actually had noticed that Padre introduced himself while I had seen him already in the intro, but as stated by someone else previously, AAA games involve lots of people and lots of iteration, and most certainly nobody noticed the issue of Padre until it was too late.
This is no proof that the game was going to have a 10 hours prologue (even if I would have loved it)

Even Dan Vávra ("father" of original Mafia or Kingdom Come) said it's shame, there is very impressive in game montage but all these 6 months can be put into 2-3 quests. And what are 2-3 quests in game like Cyberpunk? Its nothing, they could remove Claire storyline, it was annoying and easy anyway if they had no time.

Top Bottom