Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but that does not negate the fact that they over promised and under delivered. Doubtless thanks to this unethical tactic they have generated many more sales than if they were more conservative with their expectations. They advertised a game that would be the new gold standard. Instead they provided a buggy status quo.

The two particular videos themselves didn't over promised - in fact they were transparent and clearly stated that it is subject to change. And it was changed at the end. Guess who is responsible for hyping themselves up before actually seeing the real product yet? I think we both know the answer to that.

Imagine someone who didn't actually follow any of the "promises" over the years. Do you think they would actually feel "lied" to that there are "missing" features in the game?

Fallout 76 was empty as well and after a few DLCs they made it great, there are lots of random things to do outside of the main story. I think CDPR got rushed and we will get a lot of the missing content in patches and DLC.

I want to see Barbers and Tattoo shops, more options for crafting. I want weapon,armor and clothings plans. like EVERYTHING, if i see an NPC with it, I want the ability to craft or buy it.

If you spend 40k and up on a car you should at least be able to give it a paint job. maybe have options for wheels, engine and a turbo boost mod or something basic.

plastic surgery. ripper docs should be able to change your face in game.

Factions, if you go around killing tiger claws all day, you should be KOS. if you work a lot for one fixer that's in with one faction, the others should not want to work with you. makes no sense.

I could go on all day but the main thing i want to see if crafting getting fixed. I invested a lot of points and there is nothing to do. you get a very limited list of things to craft and i've looted better. it's crap. the crafting system in the witcher game was way better, why not add weapon, armor and clothing sets you can do missions for and buy.

While i really like what i've played so far I think this game is an example of what happens when you get too ambitious and then realize your game can't 'fit' on consoles.

CDPR bit off more than they could chew and didn't realize until it was too late that half of what they wanted to put in the game wont work if they want to release it on a console, including a ps5 and series X. Plus deadlines. It took much longer try and implement all of these things than they expected.

The least they could do is acknowledge the missing elements and either say we had to give it up for this or that reason, or we ran out of time but its coming in a future expansion/dlc/update/whatever.

Now that I have seen these lists... This amazing game [Playing on PC] now seems regular. If the past is anything to go by, a few updates should start these features should start showing up.

I am really curious how things will play out. And official statement would be nice.

I've definitely learnt my lession about getting excited for a game for the rest of my life.

If they do live service singleplayer game, I'll be fine. Their multiplayer will be live service anyway or there is no future in RPG online game. Now I have 70hrs on Steam and I want play more, if they release something (not necessary BIG) every 2-3 months so I have to come back, I'll be fine with it.

So for example after they add vehicle tuning, I'll go back as fast as possible to upgrade my "garage". etc etc. Not everything have to be there right after release. And I don't want to talk about time they had to make this game and why these things are missing.

Id really like to be able to continue my game after i finish the main campaign instead of just reverting to my last save. Thats honestly my only real gripe with the game. i love it. I do want all that cut content but i know you can only do so much. even though the game is bare bones outside of the side missions and main campaign it still makes for a wonderful and scenic experience.

True, but that does not negate the fact that they over promised and under delivered. Doubtless thanks to this unethical tactic they have generated many more sales than if they were more conservative with their expectations. They advertised a game that would be the new gold standard. Instead they provided a buggy status quo.

Ignoring the bugs. With all the stuff removed or not included, the game is very generic and nothing special. Sure the story parts are good, but its missing the game elements and all the stuff that they said would be in or heavily hinted at. They even have very basic and generic fetch quests.

It looks like not the devs are the ones to blame for this mess, but the Management of CDP who pimmelt (a german word for being lazy) around so hard that they had no time to deliver a proper polished game. Hell, NINE YEARS of development and in the end, they just programmed for a year only? Where did all the shiny Trailer Vids come from then? Must be faked gameplay. Especially in the early beginnings. If they had started to programme everything after 3 years of actual Brainstorming and Features gathering, then we would have the game that was promised.

I like to play it, and will definitely play as Nomad and that other one again, so there is enough time for CDP to add, yes ADD what is missing before the game is put aside by most people. This way of lying to the players about features can destroy a Developer. No one will buy a game from them again if Cyberpunk isn't getting the features that are missing.

And guys, seriously, Police popping up in the middle of nowhere because I ran someone over with my car? They just spawn somewhere and start shooting. There's no option to say put your weapon on the ground and let yourself arrest. They will just kill you. Sorry but that's just plain stupid.

I just wanted to open a new thread with a similar list. I'll post it here instead. this is what I've got so far. I'll edit the double entries after posting:

Character creation:
  • Body type (not just female/male) Take this with a pinch of salt because there are no images or other material, just the reveal video.
  • Tattoo location. This assumes that you can create your own style of body art, not just premade skins.
  • Color and glow of tattoos.

Combat:
  • Shoot through wall/destroy the wall to kill your enemy not possible.
  • Slowtime/Bullettime with drugs (only activatable with cybertech now)
  • Companions picking up weapons from defeated enemies.
  • Alternate firemodes of guns.
  • Boss fight with Royce in one of the early main missions.
  • Companions provide cover from enemy fires
  • shooting off limbs with heavy weapons. (I've noticed that you can cut off limbs with a katana, mantis or blade, haven't managed to do this with a firearm yet).
  • destroying windows by shooting at it It's possible to destroy SOME windows.
  • Infos about range, spread and recoil of weapons
  • No destructible objects (just texture changes but no actual damage like wholes on walls, pillars, etc.) except clutter, bottles etc.

Animations:
  • Third person cutscenes were cut. No conversion into first person cutscenes.
  • Takedown animation in front of a container (Take down enemy and shoot him underwater and hide the body in one smooth action). This follows with the possibility to look into these containers. Now they're closed.
  • Miscellaneous animations of random NPC's. (For example: people carrying something, examine products before buying etc.)

Gameplay features:
  • No BD's outside of the main missions.
  • The possibility to call over people into your apartment to get a little more... intimate.
  • Random encounters while travelling in NC
  • Inspection system: take a closer look on quest items to help you solving quests.

Cars:
  • Headsup display on front windshield
  • No suicide doors.

Miscelleanous:
  • People in video calls have a real background, simulating a real video call, instead they're in front of a black background
  • A heads up display on the window in V's Appartement with miscellaneous controls and information about weather etc.
  • Open doors via control panel rather than open them by activating the door directly.
  • Victors animations and vendor UI when ordering new tech.

Environment/World/NPC's:
  • People sparring in the gym area near V's Appartement
  • Actual cans when you order a beverage on a vending machine
  • Multiple levels when using the control panel in elevators (this assumes that the buildings should have more than just 2 levels initially).
  • The view while using the elevator (for example the highway above the city with actual traffic).

Weather:
  • No actual dynamic weather changes. This could be a bug. They seem to occur on quick travelling or loading a save (and of course scripted in a mission).

Wild assumptions and speculations:
  • Nudity and adult content completely cut (still possible to define your genital in character creation and inventory though).
  • No actual reflections of V on surfaces and mirrors (probably due technical limitations).
  • No customizations of V's appearance after character creation. Probably something went wrong during development and/or technical limitations. There's no way that CDPR wouldn't add at least a barber shop or tattoo shop in a world where you can literally do anything with your body.
Well thought out. CP needs to be a more immersive world. Right now it feels very generic and copied.
Post automatically merged:

I hope that CDPR holds true and turns CP into what was promised. I have always been a fan of their games and I enjoy CP, but it just does not feel great to me.

I wonder if the destructive walls, able to shoot through them and make holes in the wall with powerful weapons was also something they advertised but then cut. It's in the one mission in the start but, after that, I have not seen it at all.

The two particular videos themselves didn't over promised - in fact they were transparent and clearly stated that it is subject to change. And it was changed at the end. Guess who is responsible for hyping themselves up before actually seeing the real product yet? I think we both know the answer to that.

Imagine someone who didn't actually follow any of the "promises" over the years. Do you think they would actually feel "lied" to that there are "missing" features in the game?

Listen.
I knkw that overhyping is bad, but still, they also promised reasonablefeatures that didn't get delivered in the final product
I mean: at least let the cops use cars to chase the player, would you kindly?! It doen't seem like asking the Moon, to me!

Listen.
I knkw that overhyping is bad, but still, they also promised reasonablefeatures that didn't get delivered in the final product
I mean: at least let the cops use cars to chase the player, would you kindly?! It doen't seem like asking the Moon, to me!

Thats that they promised features already existing in other big open world games so it was nothing unrealistic to make, hell if GTA SA game made 16 years ago can have those features why not a game made in 2020 which wants to be a best open world game to date?

I don't like when Cyberpunk is compared to San Andreas, as from a developmental standpoint, some of those things were possible and much easier to do because that platform is so old and not as advanced as what we have today. Doing those same things by today's standards would require much more work in the engine, programming, assets, testing, etc.

But I can compare it to other, more recent games, like FO 4, or even GTA V. Fallout at least had an immersive and relatively decent AI with settlers that actually had jobs and routines and interactions and a meaningful day/night cycle, semi-intelligent enemies that would retreat or pursue cover or pin you, an immersive world with radiant quests and events, etc. And GTA is a perfect example of how such a huge, living open world can still be stable, and that game released two console generations ago!

As it stands, at the bare minimum, to make this game meet a passable standard, CDPR is going to need to fix/add some things: Cops that don't just pop in but run and drive toward the player; traffic that reacts to their surrounding and the player, and doesn't frequently get stuck on nothing (see Jinguji); radiant quests and events that aren't just the same copy/pasted Assault In Progress; consumables that aren't just the same three effects (I've still yet to find that Kerensikov inhaler from the trailer or anything that interesting); better journal and inventory management with a favourite button and mass sell button; a litany of bugs, some of which can be game-breaking. And all of this is not including all the cut content they hyped the game up with, just the essentials.

Ultimately CDPR is going to have to forfeit a non-insubstantial part of their profit margin fixing this game if they also want to fix their reputation. They'll still be in the green but this needs to be their top priority for the next 12-18 months and prior to any other major titles. The framework for a truly great game is there, but it's patently obvious from playing it that a lot was removed and stitched together to try to release this game before the end of fiscal 2020 and on the prior generation.

PS: Looking back at the gameplay trailers, the third-person cut scenes that transitioned to first-person added sooo much to the game. Anyone else finds themselves frequently looking down at their feet just to remind themselves they're actually there?

Last edited:
I don't mind the bugs and the AIs as much. The doom and gloom people make out of those two problems didn't really irk me, and hopefully will be fixed this coming January or February the latest.
However, the missing contents are really a disappointment for me. The contents of the game is finite and even if they do add all those side contents in the future, 1 year or 2 years later, how many would actually return to experience them when they already played through the entire content. I suppose people can create a new character to try out a new skill trees but c'mon... the game has little to no replay value. Would anyone here replay the entire game when they add these contents?

I don't mind the bugs and the AIs as much. The doom and gloom people make out of those two problems didn't really irk me, and hopefully will be fixed this coming January or February the latest.
However, the missing contents are really a disappointment for me. The contents of the game is finite and even if they do add all those side contents in the future, 1 year or 2 years later, how many would actually return to experience them when they already played through the entire content. I suppose people can create a new character to try out a new skill trees but c'mon... the game has little to no replay value. Would anyone here replay the entire game when they add these contents?
I would have if the life paths were as advertised and made a real difference but seeing how things turned out i don't think so.... And adding car customization or other missing features 3-4 months after release won't solve the problem either.

The removal of third person cutscenes for 'immersion' was disappointing. For it me it definitely felt like they were cutting corners and it really removed a sort of cinematic feel to the game. I hope they restore them, I'm not asking for being able to play the game in third person, just bring back those cutscenes in certain sections like being in an elevator or during sex scenes so it wouldn't be akward

I am really curious how things will play out. And official statement would be nice.

I've definitely learnt my lession about getting excited for a game for the rest of my life.
You and me both, buddy... come to think of it, CP2077 was the last game currently in production I was actually really interested in... maybe besides Elden Ring.

...but, yea, reading all the stuff that could have been in "black and white" is kinda sobering... me sad now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom