Will Cyberpunk 2077 be mod friendly?

+
hello

So what i am extremely excited for is a official statement if its possible for the modding community too add new contents/features into the game with "almost" no limitations.
such as:

Real brand cars with futuristic looks.. " i will put examples of a futuristic ferrari design "found on internet "
Community made houses/Apartments
Community made new area's..
Community made new AI behaviors
Ownable Pets perhaps.
Immersion features
and so on & on :D

We all can agree that mod communities can create mind blowing features making the games "endless fun".

kind regards
VK

Attachments

• ferrari.jpg
    ferrari.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 145
  • ferrari2.jpg
    ferrari2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 117
  • ferrari3.jpg
    ferrari3.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 107
If I remember well, CDPR did release a modkit for TW3, so there's hope.

People on Nexus are already releasing a few things, like a modloader and a python console. Gonna have to wait and see.

If I remember well, CDPR did release a modkit for TW3, so there's hope.

People on Nexus are already releasing a few things, like a modloader and a python console. Gonna have to wait and see.

Yeah there is a mod that actual improves game visual is the " increased draw distance you can find on nexusmods " its ridiculous how much visual were hiding from you.. it does take a small hit on your fps

I wouldn't hold my breath. The red engine is actually really hard to mod and with out the source code there is really only so much you can do with it. CDPR really don't like to let people under the hood of thier baby.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The red engine is actually really hard to mod and with out the source code there is really only so much you can do with it. CDPR really don't like to let people under the hood of thier baby.

really? from what i saw from CDPR they are more "community focused" then majority of companies out there, I mean they did show that by making the game DRM-FREE. you might be right tho witcher 3 used RedEngine 3 with had hardcoded limits.. but of course witcher 3 was amazing when it came out amazing features of that time. Cyberpunk 2077 seems too use RedEngine 4 and is still unknown if it has the same limitations as RedEngine 3... lets hope not. and of course Cyberpunk 2077 scope is way bigger & more complex then witcher 3 with more possibility since its futuristic. somewhat GTA + RPG elements.. and we all know what mod communities have done with GTA series... just amazing.

I really hope it's gonna be! I mean... modders are gonna do their best to 'fix' the game too! It's a win-win!

Yes indeed, please!! On the level of how moddable TES games are. New storylines in particular are what would interest me the most and extend replay value.

Regarding pets: Animals, as such, don't really exist in this world, lore-wise. In fact, way back in the 2020s (I think?) they exterminated all birds (in and around Night City) because of the threat of transporting nasty diseases.
Animals didn't fare so well in this universe, sadly. .... HOWEVER!! There have been several times that I've heard cats. But I'll be damned if I can find them LOL

I don't think CDPR won't fix all bugs and glitches. Especially they're too busy to solve many problems for PS4 and XOne at this time.
Official modding support will also be delayed considerably so Devs could you unlock console-command and decrypt script files at least?

I don't think CDPR won't fix all bugs and glitches. Especially they're too busy to solve many problems for PS4 and XOne at this time.
Official modding support will also be delayed considerably so Devs could you unlock console-command and decrypt script files at least?
There's a mod on Nexus Mods that gives you access to the console.

There's a mod on Nexus Mods that gives you access to the console.

PC Gamer and a few others pointed out that the EULA for Cyberpunk "instructs users not to use, make, or distribute cheats, including exploits and trainers". That mod would qualify as such unfortunately

In addition to what was said up there, CDPR will need to make it clear as to what is and isn't allowed. Because technically, activating their own console is not a cheat. Or at least in some games that would be the loop hole

There is a modding discord with around 1.5-2k peoploe online at each time. Hundreds of them are working on modding tools Even if CDPR doesn't release any modding tools, I expect the game to have more mods than Witcher 3 did. And Woitcher 3 had already a decent amount (over 4k on nexus). Seeing how many people are trying to improve the game I believe the modding community could get as big as the Bethesda one but for that CDPR would have to release a fully fleshed out modding kit.

PC Gamer and a few others pointed out that the EULA for Cyberpunk "instructs users not to use, make, or distribute cheats, including exploits and trainers". That mod would qualify as such unfortunately

In addition to what was said up there, CDPR will need to make it clear as to what is and isn't allowed. Because technically, activating their own console is not a cheat. Or at least in some games that would be the loop hole

does that mean "its against the EULA too create community made contents "mods".. or just cheats? odd a singleplayer game with such strict rule.. i mean i would understand that if it was for multiplayer version of Cyberpunk 2077 that we might get in 2023-2024 😊👍

the difference between Beth and CDPR is
that Beth released a full fledged Dev kit that even allows for a complete overhaul of the game (ex: Enderal or morrowind ported to Skyrim's engine) .
CDPR released a mod kit that allows some modifications of the game.
To CDPR side they have a better relation with the community as opposed to the deafness of Beth

The Witcher 3 mods were basic compared to stuff like Bethesda games. They also don't release as good a dev kit.

I highly doubt they'll release anything substantial for this game and certainly not enough to fix the state of the game. Then you need to have modders willing to do anything with it, but I haven't seen much in the way of excitement for this game on the Nexus.

The fact is, there should have already been a system for customization of the PC, apartment and vehicles. Especially when you have statements saying there will absolutely be vehicle customization (only to later say, nah it was never in the game).

does that mean "its against the EULA too create community made contents "mods".. or just cheats? odd a singleplayer game with such strict rule.. i mean i would understand that if it was for multiplayer version of Cyberpunk 2077 that we might get in 2023-2024 😊👍

That is what I am trying to say.. The mod to activate the Console would qualify as a cheat or exploit. If any other mod falls under the exploit, cheating, or trainer definition then the EULA applies

This is why it is important for CDPR to be VERY clear as to which mods are allowed or not allowed. It would be very easy to make a mod for anything but not EULA friendly. We need a EULA friendly definition for the mods going forward

Guest 4406876

It's also hard to make modding available and streamlined for everyone and with stuff like Steam Workshop avaiable.
I would never expect something like that from a game, but games that are designed with modding in mind, are keeping up with sales and time exceptionally well.

Let's let them actually complete the game first. They released a completely unoptimized alpha with tons of missing content they promised us. I say let's let them complete the game, then release mod tools afterwards. Think it would be better for everyone if done in that order.

That is what I am trying to say.. The mod to activate the Console would qualify as a cheat or exploit. If any other mod falls under the exploit, cheating, or trainer definition then the EULA applies

This is why it is important for CDPR to be VERY clear as to which mods are allowed or not allowed. It would be very easy to make a mod for anything but not EULA friendly. We need a EULA friendly definition for the mods going forward

Are you sure it applies too the singleplayer? it sounds so weird i mean.. cheating in Cyberpunk 2077 is literally like godmode/unlimited ammo vs NPC's.. its really odd.. oh well hope we see a official statement.. if we ever will get one ^^

Are you sure it applies too the singleplayer? it sounds so weird i mean.. cheating in Cyberpunk 2077 is literally like godmode/unlimited ammo vs NPC's.. its really odd.. oh well hope we see a official statement.. if we ever will get one ^^

PC Gamer and others are using the "at your own risk" kind of statements regarding it. I would imagine between that and my past experience, that it would not be a stretch to assume that applies to single player

Yes an official statement would clarify everything or at least let us know who is right and wrong

Top Bottom