[Suggestions] List of features to Add/ Improve/ Expected/ Missing. Feel free to add your own.

+
Steam user here.

Well, I wanted to make a proper thread, but apparently I can't till I get 10 posts? So, it goes here.

General suggestions/feedback.

• "Double-tap to dodge" is extremely sensitive and triggers during normal movement on PC. It frequently breaks sneaking, and makes character bump npcs while walking on the street. NPCs perceive this as an attack and accidental double-tap results in a police response. Would be nice to have a dedicated dodge key instead of this.
  • Acquiring blueprints for anything is incredibly annoying. I have two characters that invested crafting points, and in 70 hours I was unable to find blueprint for any item I actually would want to use. Melee weapon blueprints do not exist aside from black unicorn blueprint, no blueprints for bats, wrenches, iron pipes, or anything. Same with clothes. Random blueprints system is awful.
  • Known weapon crafting specs should be marked as known on vendor screen. So you won't end up buying them twice.
  • V needs a closet for clothes in the apartment. I spent 40 hours carrying around 200 kg of clothes, because there was no convenient way to sort through all of them. Basically, would be nice to be able to stash your clothes and then, while you're in your apartment, to be able to equip items directly from your stash.
  • Speaking of which, menu needs more filter categories. There needs to be a separate tab for each type of clothes, separate tab for VALUABLES (expensive junk items), and separate tab for crafting components.
  • Breaking down stacks of items and selling stacks of items takes too long, because you sell one stack at a time, and when you do, entire inventory screen refrehses, which takes close to a second. If there's a ton of time in the inventory, then selling/dismantling takes forever.
  • I'm still not sure why developers are in arms against 3rd person view. While it makes sense to force 1st person perspective in cutscenes and areas with low ceiling, the game appears to be 3rd person ready. As the character has a body and it is fully animated. Basically, you'd only need to move the camera outside of user's head.
  • Damage/armor/upgrade mechanics are quite baffling. You start the game, find an iron pipe with 60 damage, then you find legendary iron pipe with 240 damage, and then you notice the stores start selling a COMMON iron pipe that deals.... 800 damage. At the same time one upgrade attempt boosts stats by 7 points or so, and upgrade cost increases every time, meaning you can't exactly keep upgrading your starter weapon forever. This doesn't make any sense, and feels like an incredibly artificial gating mechanism. A same pistol type, no matter how well it is made shouldn't be able to deal 50 times more damage than a base model.
  • There needs to be a way to favorite weapons which would prevent user from accidentally scrapping them. Basically, when you acquire 50 guns after a shootout and start breaking them down, it is possible to accidentally destroy a gun you wanted to keep in the process.
  • There needs to be a way to re-aquire iconic weapon you accidentally destroyed. In-game description implies that if you scrap a weapon, you'll be able to rebuild it, but that only one such item can exist at a time. In practice, once you've scrapped an iconic weapon, it is gone forever.
  • Where are AI driven cars? In the beginning, you ride a delamain, and later you have access to an ai-controlled vehicle. However, you can't sit on passenger seat and let AI do the driving. Why? It would make a lot of sense and is not incredibly difficult to implement.
  • Why aren't street vendor's interactive? There are tons of street stalls, and you can't buy anything from them.
  • There's no quick key to equip fists when you have claws installed. I believe that it would make sense if "melee/unarmed" button would cycle between fists and melee weapons when pressed.
  • There's no quick key to holster weapon! Hiding it through "alt" menu is time consuming. I believe that it would make sense if holding Reload key would holster weapon.
  • "Alt" menu is awful on PC when used with mouse.
  • There doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade cyberware, meaning boost its damage. My current character has a rocket arm, and the blast deals measly 230 damage to enemies. However, a stun baton deals 800. I also haven't found any different projectiles. The situation is similar with mantis blades and gorilla arms, where damage they deal seems to be way lower than what you get with weapons.
  • It should be possible to save character appearance as a preset or a text string. That would allow users to exchange appearances or reuse on subsequent playthrough. To the date, the only game that actually did that is Mass Effect 1, but the feature is extremely convenient and it would be great to have it.
One more thing.

The behavior of CDPR regarding nudity is extremely disturbing and upsetting. Steam users report that there's ongoing slow removal of nudity from every advert (which may or may not be true), and having an equivalent of skyrim's "god of underwear" (nevernude pants, even with nudity filter disabled) is extremely strange.

CDPR is famous for handling nudity and sexuality in an adult manner, without kids gloves. That was one of the reasons why witcher series were popular, because of the "well, sex and nudity are part of life, no big deal" attitude. Which was incredibly refreshing, because most of the time western games are afraid to deal with that aspect of life, or treat sex and nudity as a reward. That was one of the reasons why Witcher was different compared to everything else. In Cyberpunk, players were promised pretty much a "city of sin", but the city in its current state is almost puritanian, and suddenly a community manager claims that "nevernude pants" are not a bug(!). If it is not a bug, it is a bad decision, then, one that should be rectified.

If you're facing issues with consoles (even though consoles have Conan Exiles which allows full frontal nudity), then at least would be nice to have a patch to bring back original content to PC. Because if current trend continues the studio might lose all the reputation it built and become another faceless EA. I personally wouldn't want that to happen, because witcher games were sort of ray of hope in the sea of hypocrisy and pandering.

The reason why I brought nudity up is because I was mostly enjoying the game until realizing that this issue is a thing. Then I realized that I'm not happy that this issue exists.

And that would be all. I hope the game will be improved in time.

Last edited:
I'm still not sure why developers are in arms against 3rd person view.
Ive noticed many, many times how my characters feet dont move when I move an oddly large amount. Honestly I just bet animations in 3rd person are way too wonky for player character for whatever reason and they cut it. Which might be odd since they made witcher 3 but also not that much with staff leaving.

Fix Johnny Silverhand's face and make it look closer to what we saw in marketing. Every other character looks more or less like we've seen before (Judy, Dex, Panam, Rogue, ect. all look fine), but somewhere along the line they kinda messed up Keanu's face. Am I the only one seeing this or am I taking crazy pills?

- Being able to see what clothes look like on V before buying them at a store.
- Having more customization options for V including physique.
- Interactions with objects in the world eg. Seats, arcade machines, pool tables etc.
- Braindancing outside of missions
- Seeing paramedics and police appear gta style if you kill someone.

These are just a few things and I'm sure most people expected this on release.

unrealistic expectation
- all mini events from yakuza.

realistic expectation
- purchasable estate
- more vehicle type
- subway/skyline
- more clothes shop
- transfer stats onto other same slot gears.

More romance options. Ability to save custom looks and equip it into the special slot. More joytoys. vehicle customization and upgrades.

#1 - PLEASE bring more NIGHT into Night City beyond what is alluded to. We need experience as players, not 2nd hand supposedly going on its 5 o'clock somewhere type stuff.

Its so tame, please help.

I bet 5234 eddies that CDPR will only fix some major bugs and leave the game as it is

"I have a dream....." xD

We can only hope and pray lol.
Post automatically merged:

Fix Johnny Silverhand's face and make it look closer to what we saw in marketing. Every other character looks more or less like we've seen before (Judy, Dex, Panam, Rogue, ect. all look fine), but somewhere along the line they kinda messed up Keanu's face. Am I the only one seeing this or am I taking crazy pills?

Looks fine to me lol xD idk maybe you are taking the crazy pills.

Yeah the sun is coming up way to early. It was cool in Witcher 3 to have extended dusks and dawns but it makes way less sense for California.

One option I'd like to see would be the equivalent of a Fallout New Vegas "Survival Mode."

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to have a hunger or thirst factor, it's not that kind of game. But survival mode to me is simply a matter of allowing for more minutia that is not for everyone, but is welcomed by those who want it.

So why not a "realism" mode to include certain things...

For example, I personally think that we should have to meet our fixers in person before we are offered jobs over the phone. It's very strange and unnerving to explore Night City and suddenly get gigs from people you've never met. The brief phone introduction angle is pretty weak sauce, in my opinion.

Having the ability to craft new weapons or upgrade them literally everywhere is nuts, so why not restrict it to V's apartment (or workshops at certain stores, maybe)

Let us use public transit (am I missing a trick, or has that been disabled and just turned into another fast travel option)?

Stuff like that?

"I have a dream....." xD

We can only hope and pray lol.

Looks fine to me lol xD idk maybe you are taking the crazy pills.

Nah. He definitely looks different. It's funny, because the other main npcs we've seen look the same as the advertisements before launch. They changed his eyes, or eyebrows... or something. His look was softened up when you actually see him in game.

1608233143712.png

I'm not saying he looks bad. Just different.

(Note: I have posted this elsewhere, but it seems applicable to this thread too)

One option I'd like to see would be the equivalent of a Fallout New Vegas "Survival Mode."

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to have a hunger or thirst factor, it's not that kind of game. But survival mode to me is simply a matter of allowing for more minutia that is not for everyone, but is welcomed by those who want it.

So why not a "realism" mode to include certain things...

For example, I personally think that we should have to meet our fixers in person before we are offered jobs over the phone. It's very strange and unnerving to explore Night City and suddenly get gigs from people you've never met. The brief phone introduction angle is pretty weak sauce, in my opinion.

Having the ability to craft new weapons or upgrade them literally everywhere is nuts, so why not restrict it to V's apartment (or workshops at certain stores, maybe)

Let us use public transit (am I missing a trick, or has that been disabled and just turned into another fast travel option)?

Stuff like that?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned these before, but I'm missing some par for the court controller bindings for UI.

Say for instance I am in the CRAFTING menu, and need to go to the UPGRADE tab, instead of having to move the cursor there to switch, we could use RT/LT to switch tabs within the same menu.
The triggers are not used at all in menu context and I'm really missing a "jump to max value/jump to min value" bind while buying or selling in shops with controller.

I also have an issue with how the quickitem works. I'm currently using a Blood Pump as kind of a "Dark Souls Estus Flask", I press RB, I use the skill, heal and it goes on cooldown... but now my enemies have bunched up and I could really throw a grenade, are we really just bound to have ONE quickitem at a time? couldn't we make a RB long press to always be "prime selected grenade"? it feels weird that we have so many options in the type of grenades we can use but only have quick acces to one type at a time... if you don't have an active skill selected, that is. It feels clunky.

So in 30 mins, we have better gameplay and content ideas than the developers on 8 or 4 years of work. They should be ashamed.
Not only is this incredibly unfair to say towards the devs I strongly, strongly suspect they had all the same ideas.

But didn't have the time. A lot of features seem to have been cobbled together because the whole thing didn't work and the game had to be released 1-2 months ago. See the police system. They had grand ideas for it, which would take a lot of dev time. Look at what we have now.

So in 30 mins, we have better gameplay and content ideas than the developers on 8 or 4 years of work. They should be ashamed.

Aggree with bureizu here , also please this thread is to give suggestions in hope they listen and maybe add fans' ideas. This kind of behaviour (blaming something on them based on something that you don't know for a fact but think) isn't very helpful to this thread :) .

Before the suggestions I would like to emphasize on the fact that the top of the thread mentions. Missing/new features should be added by the side of fixes on the coming updates because that makes the bad thing, that being the wait for the next fixes or the upcoming features, has a smaller impact on making the game less enjoyable.

Here are some of my suggestions:

Break fall:
It's a small thing but really I think it adds to general movement gameplay . The ability to roll on button press/hold if fallen from a greater height. Right now the only alternative to saving V from falling dmg that I know of is using berserk or the slide (this one should be a bug?). Also to take it even further a kind of parasute like ability/item/cyberware would be very welcome since many of us reaally want to go crazy with the jumps while exploring this much complex verticality i.e jump of a rooftop/balcony that you got by elevator :p. Even though possibly harder to implement than just a roll (since there is much work to be done) it should compensate for the cost with how much better of the movement gameplay would be.

Takedowns / Animation:
Except from the more takedown animations that this thread suggests which is greatly welcome also direct armed takedowns if V is armed. When an melee item is out do an takedown animation on the enemy. This would make the stealth more enjoyable if we do not want to play with a complete ghost style but also do takedowns (which happens more often than the ghost way). Also it would add on the arms' cyberware enhancement very much , monowhire takedowns shoud be a must!! :) .
PS: I know that this one is possible to break the balance , (can't have the player do takedowns on much stronger enemies) but that is easily fixed the way the latest AC games did it , have a 1,2 more animations for each weapon takedown that shows a failed takedown resulting in a stealth attack instead.

Adding on the RP WALK: Adding different idle animations for V would be nice , building on that , make different animations based on the missions completed (animation with prop from mission) / paths chosen / karma or possible endings?? (don't know nothing on the last one still have not finished it , on 50-something hours and still very early in the story , 1 main mission completed after the Jackie incident )

Inspect gear/weapons:
The weapons seem to have quite some nice details on them , let us take a peek!

Tried to use the styling to make reading the important things easier/faster. Here's a small legend:
RED: Obviously something bad.
YELLOW: Suggestion (sub)topic.
GREEN: Suggestion imoprtant text / Good thing.
PURPLE: Mentioned to thread topic.

Last edited:
- FoV slider in the Stadia build (as was promised prior to release), so I can actually play the game I've paid for!

Top Bottom