When this version of the game gonna be released?

+
Good question. Your signature pretty sums this up. When i visited V's apartment for the first time and went to sleep and watched this animation of going to bed, i had this tiny blink of strange feeling in the back of my head that "we might have a problem here, cap'n". Then it was like "wow...the City...oh my god....WOW". Unfortunately after a while the disappointment on a regular pace from the, some will say, little unimportant things has started. Before i've noticed there were more and more of those little unimportant things and they started to pile up. I had enough when the game started to, literally, in real words, promise me something and immediately after that fail to deliver. I said: Ok, lets wait for a few months just to see if they will try to squeeze a game they had talked about all the time from this Placeholderpunk2020, like Hello Games did, or they will leave it in the present state of sloppy, castrated, low quality techdemo. And someone have to say it: easy repairable bugs or low frames on some ancient, obsolete consoles or PCs are not what troubles Cyberpunk2077.

What I expected was a fun, immersive RPG where I got to run around in the world of Cyberpunk and actually feel like I was in that world.
What I got was a Visual Novel with guns, censorship bars and a lot of hand-holding.

I have Visual Novel blocked as a tag on Steam for a reason.

Guest 4406876

Pepperoni?
XD Yes and btw, Pepperoni isn't that. That would mean bellpeppers (that they actually put on pizza too)
That's spicy salami, like Chorizo. I learned that the hard way (the hard Italian way, they literally hit my head with the menu) :D

Now I know. Now i remember. It changed my perspective of life.

Funny I watched a comparison video earlier today and the game we have now does in fact look better in some places (lighting etc) than what is showcased in the demo.
But yeah a lot of actual content was cut and this genuinely makes me sad when I watch it.

Seems to me hacking has been streamlined and it is better now than before it was. It is realtime now rather then go into fancy cyberspace menus to decide what quickhack to execute at any given time.

combat mechanics showcased in the demo (slowmo, dash, duble jumps) are also in the final game, in the game they are just limited to build style. For instance the slow motion is given by the Sandevistan mod, but if you use that you cannot slot a cyberdeck thus no quickhacks for you. It makes sense to me.

I never watched the trailers because I knew I'd likely play it, so I'll admit I don't know what was promised. That means I'm just enjoying what there is rather than being upset at what there isn't.

It's not unusual for content shown a good while before launch to not make it.

Guest 4406876

I never watched the trailers because I knew I'd likely play it, so I'll admit I don't know what was promised. That means I'm just enjoying what there is rather than being upset at what there isn't.

It's not unusual for content shown a good while before launch to not make it.
If you didn't watch anything related to this gametill release I admire you and you might even have a better experience than me. In 8 years, and being a fan of CP2020, with all these announcements and NCWs, and with the "seal of quality(and trust)" of CDPR I really tried, hard, but I failed in doing so. As they did.

If you didn't watch anything related to this gametill release I admire you and you might even have a better experience than me. In 8 years, and being a fan of CP2020, with all these announcements and NCWs, and with the "seal of quality(and trust)" of CDPR I really tried, hard, but I failed in doing so. As they did.
Same. I didn't ever play the Witcher series because the idea of running around as a grey haired old man didn't interest me. But I had heard good things, so I figured this was a somewhat safe bet. Apparently I was mistaken.

I might just try to see if I can get a copy of Skyrim with mods working again, so I can actually play a game where the world reacts to the shit I do and I can have at least some level of immersion.

Guest 4406876

Same. I didn't ever play the Witcher series because the idea of running around as a grey haired old man didn't interest me. But I had heard good things, so I figured this was a somewhat safe bet. Apparently I was mistaken.

I might just try to see if I can get a copy of Skyrim with mods working again, so I can actually play a game where the world reacts to the shit I do and I can have at least some level of immersion.
Play New Vegas. I know it looks bad and has a good amount of bugs, but that's what you're looking for. Maybe they have some mods to get it better lookin'.

Play New Vegas. I know it looks bad and has a good amount of bugs, but that's what you're looking for. Maybe they have some mods to get it better lookin'.
I have, but the problem with the Fallout games is that I don't really jive much with the grungy post-nuclear aesthetic. I like the fallout games, don't get me wrong. I have over a thousand hours in Fallout 4. However I'm very much more interested in the cyberpunk style of a futuristic corperate dystopia where man and machine have been melded in a way that doesn't look like 50's era sci-fi. I prefer the 80's era sci-fi.

New Vegas was a great game, but the main draw for me to this one was the setting, and I got none of it and that's really what depresses me the most.

Guest 4406876

I have, but the problem with the Fallout games is that I don't really jive much with the grungy post-nuclear aesthetic. I like the fallout games, don't get me wrong. I have over a thousand hours in Fallout 4. However I'm very much more interested in the cyberpunk style of a futuristic corperate dystopia where man and machine have been melded in a way that doesn't look like 50's era sci-fi. I prefer the 80's era sci-fi.

New Vegas was a great game, but the main draw for me to this one was the setting, and I got none of it and that's really what depresses me the most.
Yes mine too, I prefer a more serious approach to that setting.
Post automatically merged:

Meanwhile Kojima managed to squeeze in all CP77 gameplay in a single patch update.
Have a blast.

Yes mine too, I prefer a more serious approach to that setting.
The biggest thing to draw me to this game was the fact that it was a game that was supposed to act like an adult. It wasn't going to sugarcoat the world. It was going to be gritty and real and not pull any punches. That's why I bought it. That's why I was excited for it. I wanted it to be a visceral, raw experience I could really just lose myself in.

Too many game companies are scared of being offensive or allowing a world to be real. They arbitrarily throw around censorship or it's more about the game than the world. I honestly thought this was the one, the start of a new brand of games that wasn't afraid to create a deep, dynamic world that wasn't scared to show you it's darkest parts.

But, I was mistaken. This was a cash grab. Nothing more, nothing less, and I'm upset more at myself that I fell for it than I am at them for doing it. It's the same song and dance every time, and I should have known better.

The biggest thing to draw me to this game was the fact that it was a game that was supposed to act like an adult. It wasn't going to sugarcoat the world. It was going to be gritty and real and not pull any punches. That's why I bought it. That's why I was excited for it. I wanted it to be a visceral, raw experience I could really just lose myself in.

Too many game companies are scared of being offensive or allowing a world to be real. They arbitrarily throw around censorship or it's more about the game than the world. I honestly thought this was the one, the start of a new brand of games that wasn't afraid to create a deep, dynamic world that wasn't scared to show you it's darkest parts.

But, I was mistaken. This was a cash grab. Nothing more, nothing less, and I'm upset more at myself that I fell for it than I am at them for doing it. It's the same song and dance every time, and I should have known better.

yeah same here, i was expecting more adult game, because i thought all those Fornites and FarCry and Minecraft are not for me, so CDPR was something i followed for years. I hope i am wrong an i hope they can fix and add feautures and stop censoring ffs

Top Bottom