Important Update

+
This is what venturebeats.com wrote about CD conning them that they now feel complicit in:

With hindsight, CDPR’s actions in the review process seem manipulative to me.
  • The company never showed Cyberpunk 2077 running on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One prior to release.
  • It said explicitly that the game runs surprisingly well on those systems.
  • Through its external PR, it suggested that console codes were ready to go prior to release.
  • It then quietly only let reviewers experience the game on PC.
  • Even on PC, however, it wouldn’t let critics post footage of bugs and crashes until two days after the game nailed its initial reviews.
  • During this process, CDPR never communicated to the audience or to the media that the PS4 or Xbox One versions would run significantly worse.
I think all the management should be sacked and that incudes the lying Adam Kiciński!!!

That's the problem, they should have warned console players from the beginning that old consoles will get downgraded graphics.
They didn't to maximize sales.
I remember when Destiny 2 first came out and I was rocking an i3 with a 660ti and a 10 year old budget hard drive. That was fun. Graphics at minimum, loading between planets was an entire smoke break. But hey, it worked.
Point is: Previous gens were already pushed to the max. I get it. It sucks when you get that one game out of no where slaping you in the face telling you how outdated your equipment is. Hurts your pride. Their mistake was releasing it on old gen tech.

I remember when Destiny 2 first came out and I was rocking an i3 with a 660ti and a 10 year old budget hard drive. That was fun. Graphics at minimum, loading between planets was an entire smoke break. But hey, it worked.
Point is: Previous gens were already pushed to the max. I get it. It sucks when you get that one game out of no where slaping you in the face telling you how outdated your equipment is. Hurts your pride. Their mistake was releasing it on old gen tech.

- im very fine here paying with a i5, GTX 970 and 16 GB RAM. And ALL set to hight - except shadow's (medium and hight).

I'm loving the game (XboX Series X), yes there are bugs, what game these days doesn't have them?

I think the XBox One and PS4 versions of the game should have been canned when the SeriesX and PS5 were on the horizon, it sucks but I'd much rather play a more complete and better performing game than suffer a shell of one on hardware than can hardly cope.

Tip for next time... Release your game when you're satisfied. It's your game, your vision, your hard work so don't let morons crying on cancer ridden social media platforms sway you from your plan. If you have to delay to get it right then delay.

You are one of the most well respected developers for a reason, stick to that path and you really cant go too wrong.

Keep up that fantastic and appreciated work.

This game went into development 8 years ago. It was originally developed for the old gen consoles and should of been optimal for those platforms.

The pre release statement is as follows:

"Cyberpunk 2077 is performing great on all platforms with the game performing surprisingly well on the base PS4 and Xbox One as well."

This was clearly not the case and a straight-up lie, however base development was intended for release on original consoles, not next-gen and after 8 years of expectations it would be another huge liberty to the fans to then, only release on next gen (which no one can get a hold of unless you want to pay a scalper).

For an added note, the development teams were probably forced to launch by the executives who were also the ones who decided to deceive the fans during the launch campaign.

Although I share your sentiment about the development team, CDPR's executives are taking a large hammer to their reputation in an epic rampage through this launch.

Khm.. I'm deeply sorry, but I would like to know about in-game mechanics improvement and adding missing one too.
Bugs will be wiped out, i am sure. Right?
Any plans for NPC Ai improve, Police Ai, Traffic Ai - this three so far looks very very poor. Police doesn't make any threat at all. Cars in NightCity behaves just like the most law-abiding ever, in 2077 of Cyberpunk universe!
Also I am interested in character customization systems, like hair, nails and tatoo saloons, clothes shops. The first two are just simply doesn't exist and the apparel shops are not very usefull because we don't actually see what we are buying. Have you ever did "blind" clothes shopping? Right! Especially after you made so much focus on a style in NightCity.

p.s.: Really do love your game, and see great potential. Just would like to know shall we put our hopes on it or besides fight with bugs we won't get, what actually been announced about NightCity as a new level of interactive complex game world.
p.p.s.: 60+ hours in game.

Last edited:
I doubt that was a honest mistake... More like calculated risk.

I bought a boxed version. The store does not want to give a refund as I preordered more than a year ago. Now I just have to hope the Devs and studio don't let me down, more than they already have. Playing on a gen 1 PS4. So disappointed. Bioware all over again. So f$#@% disappointed. Please, PLEASE fix this game.

Last edited:
Nice !!!

Interactive Map, the indispensable extension to the Guide – featuring an exclusive, 4.2 gigapixel satellite-view map of Night City, location markers & unique progress tracker.

Elon Musk should give all devs a electic car if they proven work over christmas to fix some bugs, like the hudissue, where there is this yellow floating questicon you cant disable.

Hi there, just wanna give some feedback. As a player i purchased Cyberpunk on Steam and played over 50 hours.
For my opion, so far i haven't met any crazy bugs ever, feel really lucky and feel sorry for the players on xbox and ps4.
Hmmmm but to be honest, i feel like this game far away from release and finished, i can say current game is only one tenth of the planed. Anyway i won't look for refund , just keep it up CDPR

What about all the missing content and the nearly empty city? Are we going to be seeing any CONTENT <- as FLC cause it appears you gutted 60% of the game.

my city is super dense. PC option slider for crowd density. Consoles dont have it.

for the love of god please revert the model update for female V to the one showed in 2018/2019 this new one just makes me not want to play the game anymore, or ATLEAST give us the option to choose the 2019/2019 preset. It is not the first time you have done something like this and for me this might be the last I ever buy a game from this publisher.

What about all the missing content and the nearly empty city? Are we going to be seeing any CONTENT <- as FLC cause it appears you gutted 60% of the game.
my city is super dense. PC option slider for crowd density. Consoles dont have it.

Large crowds will be a limitation based on CPU. For players on console, especially XBOne and PS4, remember, part of game design is trying to push hardware to its limits -- otherwise, the devs have no idea exactly where those limits are. It's always easier to pull back than push ahead. This is why all of those gameplay videos and cinematics we've seen over the years included the disclaimer:

"What you are seeing is a work in progress. Everything is subject to change."

That's not a "trick". That's the truth of the development process for any creative venture. In the end, the balance required to actually make something work may be significantly different than the original idea. An early version of something with only some parts incorporated is not the final version of something with all parts incorporated. Plans are not guarantees. Sharing progress is not "making a promise".

Ultimately, a game's visual features will need to be managed against the processing power and resources a system can offer. Hence, faster CPUs and GPUs with more RAM will be able to produce more complex scenes. Slower systems will need to scale those things down. It's simple cause and effect. There's no magic wand a developer can wave that will give older hardware the same processing power as newer or more powerful hardware. The game will need to be configured in such a way that it can actually work on those systems. That requires give and take.

for the love of god please revert the model update for female V to the one showed in 2018/2019 this new one just makes me not want to play the game anymore, or ATLEAST give us the option to choose the 2019/2019 preset. It is not the first time you have done something like this and for me this might be the last I ever buy a game from this publisher.

You can still create the model using the options provided. I believe the change in the models for both male and female V were done to exhibit customization options and make them look a little less "Hollywood", while also retaining the same, recognizable aesthetic.

Hopefully they'll take a cue from No Man's sky. That game now is almost unrecognizable from it's release form. So it is possible for this to become "amazing".

No Man's Sky is the exception to the rule. I don't think CDPR will pull a similar turn around.

Large crowds will be a limitation based on CPU. For players on console, especially XBOne and PS4, remember, part of game design is trying to push hardware to its limits -- otherwise, the devs have no idea exactly where those limits are. It's always easier to pull back than push ahead. This is why all of those gameplay videos and cinematics we've seen over the years included the disclaimer:

"What you are seeing is a work in progress. Everything is subject to change."

That's not a "trick". That's the truth of the development process for any creative venture. In the end, the balance required to actually make something work may be significantly different than the original idea. An early version of something with only some parts incorporated is not the final version of something with all parts incorporated. Plans are not guarantees. Sharing progress is not "making a promise".

Ultimately, a game's visual features will need to be managed against the processing power and resources a system can offer. Hence, faster CPUs and GPUs with more RAM will be able to produce more complex scenes. Slower systems will need to scale those things down. It's simple cause and effect. There's no magic wand a developer can wave that will give older hardware the same processing power as newer or more powerful hardware. The game will need to be configured in such a way that it can actually work on those systems. That requires give and take.

You can still create the model using the options provided. I believe the change in the models for both male and female V were done to exhibit customization options and make them look a little less "Hollywood", while also retaining the same, recognizable aesthetic.

I have a idea about, (AI) but i really dont know where write it :( The most relevant fact here is: if the game is not made for the current - I will repeat, current - generation of consoles, computers, why make a game then, for half a dozen people in the world to enjoy and the vast majority stay out?

CD did very well not to advance the signal so much. I don't care what Sony or Microsoft say, they want to have a monopoly on games in the world, they do everything for it, they even 'risk' the work of others ...

'AI LOD' - but with hierarchy. Population has also been a drama for Star Citizen (from Chris Robert Industries). And they try to develop exactly what I wrote above, but they deal with current processor technology and they need to fit in with that.

I think we can mix two things here to alleviate this real problem in today's consoles and processors - art and technique. However, both would need or would change the current things in CP a little. Which would be a contradiction in a game already released. Perhaps for the next projects.

Yesterday I spent about 40 minutes observing the behavior of some NPCs, I was impressed with the technique used, detecting any bugs, and they were within my range of action (interaction).

In traffic, I have seen - over great distances - some 'animations', unnecessary, could not exist and this would not compromise the idea of immersion and reality. There is also a way around this. With lighting effects only.

Well, if I wrote everything here, I would give a book ... of ideas, but I leave this conversation for another opportunity.

That should have been done from the outset. They had the entire lifecycle of the Xbox One and PS4 to figure it out. Remember, the 'next gen' versions aren't even out yet. The only reason this game isn't a dumpster fire on PS5 and System X is because those machines can brute force their way through the poorly optimized code.

There are ways you can achieve crowded streets and sidewalks. For example you can create lower poly count characters and models for use in the distance, you can use lower resolution textures as well. All of these things should have been explored.

I don't care if I can count the pores on Jackie's Face. In a game with a teeming city of traffic and sea of humanity, I'm ok if the textures on those models aren't super high res. I'd rather deal with that, then having Night City look like it's on Covid lockdown.

Or, you can give console gamers some of the choices that you give PC gamers. Allow US to pick what we think is more important. I would definitely accept Witcher 3 or even GTAV quality graphics if it was packed like the PC version is.

Last edited:
That should have been done from the outset. They had the entire lifecycle of the Xbox One and PS4 to figure it out. Remember, the 'next gen' versions aren't even out yet. The only reason this game isn't a dumpster fire on PS5 and System X is because those machines can brute force their way through the poorly optimized code.

There are ways you can achieve crowded streets and sidewalks. For example you can create lower poly count characters and models for use in the distance, you can use lower resolution textures as well. All of these things should have been explored.

I don't care if I can count the pores on Jackie's Face. In a game with a teeming city of traffic and sea of humanity, I'm ok if the textures on those models aren't super high res. I'd rather deal with that, then having Night City look like it's on Covid lockdown.

Or, you can give console gamers some of the choices that you give PC gamers. Allow US to pick what we think is more important. I would definitely accept Witcher 3 or even GTAV quality graphics if it was packed like the PC version is.

I have a question... (MAD guy ON) ll out? (MAD guy off)

Top Bottom