So much wonderful clothing ... that we can't buy or find

+
When i first started playing, I got really excited just wandering the streets looking at all the crazy styles people were wearing. I imagined that I'd be able to find that clothing in shops or otherwise looted. Once given free roam of the city, I spent a couple hours just visiting the shops, only to be disappointed by the small selections available and finding only a few nice things. I thought, "Oh, maybe they're saving the best stuff for high level play. Maybe these shops will get fancier outfits and expanded selections as I advance!". Well... that illusion is gone. I've played quite far in and the shops still have the same meager selections as before, with only a few new armor pieces showing up and higher stats.

Where are all the fancy outfits I see the NPCs wearing?

Am I going to have to mod the game to get them?

Sadly, I already the know the answers are: Nowhere and Yes.

That's so gonk!

Cars are the same way. Saw a neat looking convertible and of course none of the cars for sale are convertibles. Doesn't help to steal it either, because you can't keep it anyway.

Cyberwear is the same way. I've seen some really cool cyberware in this game, but none of it's for V. Every bit of her cyberwear looks like it's been made from a plastic milk jug, if it even has a look.

I'm kind of disappointed in a game that screams character customization that you can't get all the clothes, customize your cars or cyberwear, or change your looks, and that half the time when you do get ugly cyberwear, it takes away instead of adds to your characters customization.
Post automatically merged:

Feel like there's no way to have both stats and a good look in this game lol. I'm dressed like an homeless person.

Well that you can, but you got to dig deep into the tech tree and hope that the item you want you can get the blueprint from it. Game says that the higher your crafting, you get access to all the blueprints, which it does, but not all the clothes have blueprints.

Probably spent close to 10 hrs to get stats+looks...such a joke that half the npcs still have better looks. The problem is shops kind of have a style but then its very limited like one or two things are unique to them and the rest is all filler that all shops have. Like bike helmets.

I still havent found any decent headgear outside of a nice cap. Im hoping to find a bugged headpiece, theres bugged inner torso tops that basically just transparent.

There are no nice knee/thigh high boots. My female V deffinately had better options in shops compared to male V but still very restricted.

Some pics

Finally someone mentions this.

I constantly checked the clothing stores throughout my playthrough. Most of the clothes you saw NPCs wearing were not available. Pretty disappointed by that.

I fancy business type clothing myself. And can you believe there are no dress shirts with ties? I saw shirts with bow ties, but no neckties. C'mon now.

All I wanted in this game was a white long sleeve dress shirt with a black necktie, black suspenders, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. I even saw an NPC wearing just that. *sigh*

Just one more thing that is missing which seems ridiculously easy to include as games have had great options for clothes and for appearances for many years.

Also, that you can't keep stolen cars. How has this game no garage where you can drive your vehicles in to store them, so you could add those you steal?
Why cut car customization completely, at that. At least changing the colours should be in the game.

I really get depressed thinking about how great this game could be, if it had all the content and mechanics it was supposed to have.

Or experience ourselves wearing outside of stopping the game thereby removing ourselves outside of what little immersion is there to experience what would otherwise immerse us.

This is a tragedy.

I found a trick last night where for a shop you haven't visited yet, it doesn't populate the inventory until you talk to them. So if you save first, you can essentially reroll their inventory by reloading the save. I spent a good hour rerolling the shops inventory... and it was very disappointing. The inventory is fairly static overall...they won't have any rare styles. So once you visit a shop a few times, you'll know what to expect there. The color/material options shift a little. The rarity shifts a little. Each shop has a small fixed set of crafting patterns you can buy. This one only had 4.

Shop inventory seems like a feature that can probably be modded on PC, so hopefully we'll see a mod that brings it up from 20 or so clothing rolls to 200 or so with expanded options. The number of rolls expands with one of the street cred levels, so potentially that mod could literally just change one number and give that street cred level reward a massive boost. It's probably possible for a mod to add new outfits using the clothing options we see on NPCs, but that would take some more clever editing. Some of the NPCs have different body types, but it looks like the vast majority of them have the players 2 body types, so I'll bet those clothing meshes are player compatible. I wouldn't really count on CDPR doing anything about the situation.

Has anyone seen a wearable version of that holographic jacket that appears in some of the joydoll areas? It's basically a jacket made of light. I feel like that HAS to be a wearable item. It's just too cool not to be. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't let the player have one of those. It's the kind of thing that would work well as a unique mission reward or such. There's also some clothing with emissive light lines that I see on NPCs sometimes, but none of that is for the player as far as I've found. There is some really cool light up jewelry, but the player can't even accessorize like that... which is kinda dull, but I can understand not having jewelry slots.

Feel like there's no way to have both stats and a good look in this game lol. I'm dressed like an homeless person.

I struggle with that a bit. The upgrade system lets you keep an item up to date, but the material cost is insane for anything better than uncommon. It seems to be every item has an internal level (probably between 1 and 50) with a small stat boost per level. Upgrading from one level to the next takes materials matching the item's rarity. For common items and uncommon items, keeping them up to date is no problem. For anything more than that you're in for a long grind, but it is possible at least.

In general though, I just change outfits to whatever looks good and matches my level... so I'm constantly on the prowl. I'm definitely not getting the best stats I could have, but I'm not giving up a ton either. The mod slots are much more important than the base armor values on items and I'll put up with being a few levels behind on the base armor values.

Or experience ourselves wearing outside of stopping the game

I really wanted a third person camera mode just to use as a vanity cam. It would take a ton of development time to support using a third person camera in combat, so I see why they excluded that. It would take a few hours of development time to support a third person vanity cam though that doesn't function in combat.... so I really miss that. Camera mode makes up for it a little bit, but camera mode has some major issues with censorship, even going as far as disabling a lot of the ads in the background!

The thing is the assests are already in game on npcs. Im not an expert but pretty sure a modder could pull something off in a few hours.

If you didn't know you can reset a shops inventory just by skipping 24hrs, also works for there eddies.

The thing is the assests are already in game on npcs. Im not an expert but pretty sure a modder could pull something off in a few hours.

If you didn't know you can reset a shops inventory just by skipping 24hrs, also works for there eddies.

That is very good to know. There doesn't seem to be a consequence to skipping time... beyond immersion breaking. I'll have to try and not do it toooo much. It will probably be a lesson in disappointment.

The mods are coming. I've been watching the nexus, which is where you'll find them. Right now, modders are cobbling together the tools, which are still in a 'somewhat usable, but under construction' state. I never bothered to mod Witcher 3, so I'm not sure what's possible with the engine. Some engines are locked down more than others. I get the vague sense that modders will have total control over the assets and no control over the code. Anything that comes down to json/text and config information should be moddable, which probably includes items and shop inventories. I'd say its more than few hours of work and probably more like a few days of work... BUT only once the tools are good to go. The interest in modding Cyberpunk 2077 is huge, on the level of what I say with Fallout 4 at release. The caveat is that the game has no built in mod-support, which creates a lot of hurdles, even if the engine isn't trying to protect assets. I think we're in for a great modded experience regardless! I'm very hopeful and I'll be watching nexus like a hawk for the next few weeks....and might even throw my hat into the ring if the game keeps my interest. I've made a few mods for games myself in the past.

Seen a LOT of clothes which I'd love to craft for myself. But, no schematics to be found anywhere. Like, those white thigh-high boots that perfectly match the more common white a-symmetric skirt. I've only seen one vendor selling the boots, and sadly, only in the most common variety so far, so, if I want to customize my character with them, I'll also be nerfing the hell out of her armor/modslot wise.
Tweaking colors and maybe even prints should also be a thing in my opinion.

Maybe better customization of outfits and rides is one of those things planned for a future DLC though. One can hope <3

My V almost always looks like a Gonk.

Sometimes i find much better clothes ( stats ) , and they look so bad I refuse to wear them !!! Hats are the worst!

Oh, and don't tell me we can't see our V:giggle: I can look down and it's enough to get upset. MC Hammer pants, ugly green shoes and homeless person t-shirt :giveup: Corporate-Netrunner by the way.

Seen a LOT of clothes which I'd love to craft for myself. But, no schematics to be found anywhere.

That's another problem! It seems like schematics only exist for a small portion of the clothing we can find/buy, and even if you get lucky in that respect, the rarity is fixed. The crafting system is very flawed in that respect. If a mod were to add schematics for every piece of clothing at every rarity, it would bloat the crafting screen making it a pain to find anything. What we needed was a system to select the rarity to craft along with the material/color. Then we'd just need one schematic per mesh, making it much more manageable. CDPR definitely got rushed with the system and just threw in a small smattering of schematics for a shallow system just to have something there.

It's sad because schematics are the only affordable way to keep a specific item up to date.

My V almost always looks like a Gonk.

Sometimes i find much better clothes ( stats ) , and they look so bad I refuse to wear them !!! Hats are the worst!

I just sacrifice stats and refuse to look ugly. I haven't found a hat I can stand yet, so no hat at all. Hat slot doesn't seem to be worth all that much, and I feel like I have more armor than I need for normal difficulty where I don't have to fear death unless I'm standing out in the open taking fire from all sides. I just try to make sure the clothing I do wear has mod slots, and fill the mods slots with good defensive mods.

It's not like we see ourselves in combat... so logically I should wear the best stuff, but I don't. Playing dressup is half the game for me.

You have many options in a higher level of crafting and recipes
I agree that we should have even more and a transmog system, but it's not all bad. Certainly mods will do a miracle.
print1.png
print2.png
print3.png

I agree that we should have even more and a transmog system, but it's not all bad. Certainly mods will do a miracle.

See while I agree with you, and it's not your fault, I absolutly hate this comment. Modders shouldn't HAVE to do it. This is simply something that should have been in the game at launch, and was advertised to be in the game. The fact that this game to make it great will need to be "Bethesda"ed is going to be frustrating as hell, as I can see CDPR pulling a Bethesda and constantly putting out tiny little patches that break all the mods.

I don't mind mods adding new content, new clothes, new vehicles, new cyberwear. But putting in something that already should exist and does exist in game, and the devs were just too lazy to give it to the players is simply bad form.

A transmog system would be amazing! I've seen all of those outfits you posted and I'm not even 'high' level yet... just around lv 20ish. That dashes my hopes of the choices opening up more at high levels.

I've been snapping screenshots of NPC outfits I like that aren't available as clothing options. I might get around to clipping those up and posting them here (or a new thread as this one will probably be dead in a few days probably). The unavailable outfits seem to be the wilder and fancier things, but that could be confirmation bias since I'm not likely to notice the more mundane outfit pieces.

I'm going to add something here, that I saw while re-perusing the Cyperpunk 2020 rulebook. When Mr. Pondsmith wrote the book, one of the major tenets he made for characters was style over substance. It was the most important thing any character in Cyberpunk 2020 would do, if given a choice, they would always picks style over substance.

It's a tenet that is obviously lacking in this game and needs to be put in. My style of clothing, car, and cyberwear should always be more important then function, but right now you have to chose. 2077 needs to go back to its roots.

Finally someone mentions this.

I constantly checked the clothing stores throughout my playthrough. Most of the clothes you saw NPCs wearing were not available. Pretty disappointed by that.

I fancy business type clothing myself. And can you believe there are no dress shirts with ties? I saw shirts with bow ties, but no neckties. C'mon now.

All I wanted in this game was a white long sleeve dress shirt with a black necktie, black suspenders, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. I even saw an NPC wearing just that. *sigh*

Check downtown Jingui they have shirts with ties...sometimes...

Top Bottom