Please add a Dedicated dodge button on Pc

+
I really love using dodge mechanic's in video games but the poorest implementation I usually see is the double tap movement key to dodge, even the witcher did not have it and I really hope you allow us to rebind Dodge to a key.

Love the game, played all the witcher games and am a huge fan of your work thank you for giving me so much entertainment throughout the years <3.

+1. I keep dodging into poor civies and starting a ruckus. Due to the natural lack of gradual pressing, stuttering the movement key press is used heavily to get in position but instead of creeping towards a ledge I'm geronimo'ing off the side of tall buildings. This is the worst way to dodge on a keyboard! This is the second most infuriating thing about keyboard (first place goes to not being able to rebind F key). I mean WTF, esdf is the most natural movement keys, not sure why wasd was even invented.

+1 the worst ever dodge is the one that makes you press the same button twice, out of all things people complaining about regarding cyberpunk, I'd say this is the first one that needs a fix, and ASAP because I presume this is the easiest one of all requests, and also samurai-style build with katanas and everything is unplayable just because of this one particular flaw of movement control
#cdprfixpliz

Far from being an ideal solution but...

This mod makes the control key your dodge key. Also adds a walking keybind (it's press and hold unfortunately), but the insta-dodge is a life saver.

Hey thanks for the temporary fix, but honestly adding a re-bindable dodge key won't be hard for them I just hope they do.
completely agree, it does look like a little job to be done here, but it would be extremely nice of cdpr to give us this option, cos duels with melee bosses and minibosses on small arenas are utterly ridiculous for glass-cannon builds like int+tech netrunner or some smart\tech weapons sharpshooter and etc. And the reason is that they all kill you in 1-2 slices (on the last but one difficulty at least), while you have to beat the s**t out of a poor button :c
duel with Oda is just a purest form of pain and feels like the first release of ported DS1 - crippled and laggy, when you feel like game just wants you to suffer and thus not reacts to your dodging efforts, when you die and die and die not because you slow or have utterly bad reaction, but just because dodge doesn't want to work smoothly
#cdprfixpliz this is just unbearable( and speaking for myself, I'm playing via GeforceNow, so I cannot install any mod and that's it((

I don't understand why this is not default in the game,
like what? because console players only have like 10 buttons, pc is not allowed to have more option?
it's like because there are Buddhist monks you are not allowed to eat meat...

it sucks on controller too tbh, rather have crouch on right stick and just one tap the circle

Several mods on Nexus address this issue. First one allows you to re-map dodge pretty much to your liking. Second makes you dodge with crouch key (double crouch key for actual crouch). Final one for controllers.

Last edited:
a solution to this should really be built in, it was driving me mad
i tried some premade alternatives in nexus mods and i prefer this one that actually works without messing things up, it uses alt for dodge and adds some qol things

Top Bottom