HOOK, LINE and SINKER.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Original post https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/4477106086836058672/

Think about it for a second, and see if you notice a similar pattern to almost every major AAA title that's been released in the last 5 years.

The Hook:

2-4 years of Leaked Video/Demos of what looks to be an amazing game.(The seed is planted)

Interviews, Podcasts,Fan forums, all detailing awesome features, and fan commentary and ideas is requested and encouraged, to spark that "Oh look devs who care" Internet tsunami.
(Demand starts to build)

The Line:

Numerous Delays, and extended Dev time, ( building demand higher and higher)

Finally launch day comes and is a "Complete failure", that still somehow breaks records financially.

Complete failed launch, that still somehow gets 9's and 10's from almost all published reviews.

The Sinker:

Literally game breaking bugs. Somehow patched out on Day 1... (that means they knew they existed before they released the game)

From this point forward, everyone who buys the game is essentially paying to be a BETA TESTER.

Content that was promised or shown in Demo's or at Conventions, suddenly no where to be found.

You bought into the hype, you paid your 60.00 bucks but a lot is missing...Whats missing you might ask?

Weapons: Extraordinarily small weapons roster, with all the Ai simply dropping the same thing over and over, with slight color changes or Stat boosts. Literally the same 3d models copy and pasted over and over again, with only a slight numbers increase.

No car garage, No customization of vehicles.
No Trains, or Subways.
No Weapon Customization outside of Scopes and Mods.
Horrible Crafting mechanic, no reason really to even bother crafting as anything you make is outclassed in 2 levels, when you kill a gang member in an Alley whose 2 levels higher.
No apartment customization.
Minimal Character customization from the start.
No Barbers, no way to change your looks through the entire game.
No tuning your rides handling or performance.

As a matter of fact there is no reason to ever buy a car, because stealing the second best car in the game is possible on any street corner, and even that doesn't matter because guess what? None of them goes faster than a set top speed which is limited to/Capped @ 60FPS. That's why when one car says you are going 100mph it does't look any slower than a car that is doing 170mph. The world travels by at the same speed. This is due to the game being designed for the Xbox/PS4 to run at 30 FPS. The engine itself won't render faster than this.

No speaking animations on NPC's around town. What I mean is that their lips are not animated when speaking, this is a clear step to save time and money, and looks and feels like a Low rate video game production.

Interactive/lively city life, alternate things to do, time wasters/mini games, races, things that make you explore the vastness of Night City or want to explore it. Nothing.

No Multiplayer of any kind( hell some people can barely get the single player to work)

Ai completely void of the Intelligence part.

No random encounters, or scripted events of surprise attacks, Police Raids/chases etc.
No Gang retributions or bounties placed on you, even after killing them by the hundreds, its almost like you don't exist to these gangs that you have slaughtered endlessly. I massacred every Arasaka post I could find. Arasaka, the great and powerful never comes looking for me.
You appear to have no affect on the world around you.

NO MERCENARY CONTRACTS taken out against me?!?! How is it that a game all about Mercs in a Cyberpunk visioned future, has no Mercenaries or Assassins coming to try and kill me? If I exist in this profession, so should others as well, willing to get paid for the bounty on my head ... guess not.

Point is this all appears like a giant setup to do one thing, and that is make more money adding all the things they didn't put in that they were supposed to via DLC>>> You guessed it.
Cyberpunk 2077 is primed to be one of the biggest games of the decade, just not yet.

They are drip feeding content, to keep building the interest, to keep sucking you back in, whats another 30.00 here and another 30.00 there? 2-3 Expansions later you'll have flying cars, cool weapons, and a Mercenaries Guild complete with Assassins, taking on contracts against you, all new legendary loot drops, and power creep, Multiplayer, and a garage and car customization.

But that will be after you beta tested everything for them for the next 6 months to a year.
©https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047309978

Original post https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/4477106086836058672/

Think about it for a second, and see if you notice a similar pattern to almost every major AAA title that's been released in the last 5 years.

The Hook:

2-4 years of Leaked Video/Demos of what looks to be an amazing game.(The seed is planted)

Interviews, Podcasts,Fan forums, all detailing awesome features, and fan commentary and ideas is requested and encouraged, to spark that "Oh look devs who care" Internet tsunami.
(Demand starts to build)

The Line:

Finally launch day comes and is a "Complete failure", that still somehow breaks records financially.

Complete failed launch, that still somehow gets 9's and 10's from almost all published reviews.

The Sinker:

Literally game breaking bugs. Somehow patched out on Day 1... (that means they knew they existed before they released the game)

From this point forward, everyone who buys the game is essentially paying to be a BETA TESTER.

Content that was promised or shown in Demo's or at Conventions, suddenly no where to be found.

You bought into the hype, you paid your 60.00 bucks but a lot is missing...Whats missing you might ask?

Weapons: Extraordinarily small weapons roster, with all the Ai simply dropping the same thing over and over, with slight color changes or Stat boosts. Literally the same 3d models copy and pasted over and over again, with only a slight numbers increase.

No Trains, or Subways.
Horrible Crafting mechanic, no reason really to even bother crafting as anything you make is outclassed in 2 levels, when you kill a gang member in an Alley whose 2 levels higher.

As a matter of fact there is no reason to ever buy a car, because stealing the second best car in the game is possible on any street corner, and even that doesn't matter because guess what? None of them goes faster than a set top speed which is limited to/Capped @ 60FPS. That's why when one car says you are going 100mph it does't look any slower than a car that is doing 170mph. The world travels by at the same speed. This is due to the game being designed for the Xbox/PS4 to run at 30 FPS. The engine itself won't render faster than this.

No speaking animations on NPC's around town. What I mean is that their lips are not animated when speaking, this is a clear step to save time and money, and looks and feels like a Low rate video game production.

Interactive/lively city life, alternate things to do, time wasters/mini games, races, things that make you explore the vastness of Night City or want to explore it. Nothing.

No Multiplayer of any kind( hell some people can barely get the single player to work)

No random encounters, or scripted events of surprise attacks, Police Raids/chases etc.
No Gang retributions or bounties placed on you, even after killing them by the hundreds, its almost like you don't exist to these gangs that you have slaughtered endlessly. I massacred every Arasaka post I could find. Arasaka, the great and powerful never comes looking for me.

NO MERCENARY CONTRACTS taken out against me?!?! How is it that a game all about Mercs in a Cyberpunk visioned future, has no Mercenaries or Assassins coming to try and kill me? If I exist in this profession, so should others as well, willing to get paid for the bounty on my head ... guess not.

Point is this all appears like a giant setup to do one thing, and that is make more money adding all the things they didn't put in that they were supposed to via DLC>>> You guessed it.
Cyberpunk 2077 is primed to be one of the biggest games of the decade, just not yet.

They are drip feeding content, to keep building the interest, to keep sucking you back in, whats another 30.00 here and another 30.00 there? 2-3 Expansions later you'll have flying cars, cool weapons, and a Mercenaries Guild complete with Assassins, taking on contracts against you, all new legendary loot drops, and power creep, Multiplayer, and a garage and car customization.

But that will be after you beta tested everything for them for the next 6 months to a year.

- CD never talk about it...or promisses it...

No Trains, or Subways.

- CD never talk about it...like a promisses...but show it in some trailers, correct?

- Weapons are customizable... in a certain way... you can sugest more... of corse...

- I dont think, anyway, your opinion, i respect.

- CD never talk about it...or promisses it.... but i agree, i want it too, maybe in future.

- Have the minimal, but we can want more...

- - CD never talk about it...or promisses it...

Dont understand this part.

This happens because they pack all the effort into the first few hours of the game, which are honestly great and promising, and most game journos don't play more than that. It's like if you review a candybar based on the first bite, and you put all the candy into that first bite, then fill the rest of the bar with sawdust, but the reviews still give it a 10 because of what little they had of it was not sawdust.

The Hook:

(Demand starts to build)

The Line:

The Sinker:

No Trains, or Subways.

listen guy I've played for 80 hours so far and only had one bug which didn't do nothing so stop the complaining

This has been posted so many times on the forums already.

Also, if you want to discuss posts from Steam forums, feel free to do this on Steam forums.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom