So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
Yes, I had read about it. I think they wanted to sell PS5 at Christmas using the game for that. Then they discovered that the game was made for the current generation of consoles and for most people on planet Earth and were very angry ... but, that's just my opinion.

Just saw this on IGN. Sony is now offering refunds officially for it, so this sounds like they did it to offer those refunds. Don't want more people buying it and getting mad just to refund it later. Best to just cut it off at the head.

Hopefully the console versions get fixed....playing on PC, maxed out, with 60fps....the game is amazing. Literally one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Seriously, driving a Kusanagi at 180mph through the city....is....damn fun. It feels like playing Akira....and that's something I've dreamed about since I was like 12.

The way it was released for last gen consoles though, is pretty inexcusable. No one should be charged 60 bucks to play through a slide show.

Epe2NuHXcAAvVpP.png

will they keep releasing the patches as planned though? I'm having fun with the game and don't want a refund, but will I get the patches to improve game performance?

Never played it

The reality is different. Sony and Microsoft wanted to sell consoles using the game for this. But as the game had priority for today's computers, which the vast majority have, both companies were deeply irritated, after all, it was the Christmas profit leaving. That is why the 'shouting' ... on the internet, in part of the corporate press ... it all comes down to money: Sony and Microsoft don't care about their customers and only selling consoles ...

Nothing more or less than this sad truth. Fact, the game was anticipated by pressure from shareholders and investors, but guess who they are? All linked to the big monopolies like Sony and Microsoft itself ...

Who pays the entire bill? CD workers.

OUCH !! I'm looking for the shocked face emoji, and can't find it.

This is not good for CDPR. The combination of Sony pulling the game from sale, plus offering straight up refunds, means (I think) that they're also seriously P.O.ed at CDPR. In one of management's discussions about the game (I think the one with the shareholders), management stated that MS and Sony pushed ahead with certification, and trusted them to clear up the problems with the console versions; and that they hadn't quite lived up to that trust.

But wow, I didn't expect this. Or did CDPR ask them to suspend sales of it? That would be even more interesting.

will they keep releasing the patches as planned though? I'm having fun with the game and don't want a refund, but will I get the patches to improve game performance?

We will see, I sure hope! I play on Ps5 and yea the game is kinda fun, but im not playing the story, just messing around the city finding bugs and looking at how dumb AI is

Top Bottom