Important Update

+
cyberpunk 2077, with its obsessively recurring shaky hacked screen esthetics and that implacable chromium decerebration haunting V, couldn't have been anything but a symphony of bugs and glitches at launch. there is a poetic beauty in this mise en abyme of viral realities, one that must have taken the ever witty, wacky and subtextual creative minds at cdpr hostages :). incredible game, a masterpiece for sure in a couple of months when they fix them bugs. but the moments of sheer beauty, the pacing, characters, night city, PANAM, that nomad ending and the original score... man

Hi, do a thing, disable ray tracing for now and try this (dont forghet the VRAM, need increase it a bit):

Hi, I did a thing, Is there a way to disable Ray Tracing globally? I've tried unticking it in the in-game graphics options. My VRAM is set to:
Total Available Graphics Memory: 16346 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 8192 MB
System Video Memory 0 MB
Shared System Memory 8154 MB

After tweaking the control panel just like the video describes I crash before the logo even pops up, I used to delete the %Appdata&/Local for the game to fix this but that isn't working now, Is the System Video Memory being 0 the issue? I do have the 8GB dedicated video memory, Do you have any ideas?

Damn.
hqdefault.jpg

That is your choice, but a common theme for you on these forums is speaking for the rest of us. You don't get to do that.

I did no such thing. I specifically said that members are perfectly free to like or dislike whatever they wish about the game. I specifically said that they are welcome to share their feedback. That's what the forums are for.

What I said was: "People don't get to hold a studio accountable for something they subjectively dislike -- as if the studio did something 'wrong'." They don't get to interpret a part of the game based on their opinion, then accuse others of "lying". Whatever you happen to like or dislike is up to you. It's no one else's responsibility to agree with or cater to your preferences.

What you have a right to do is express your opinion. If your opinion is that the game is unacceptable, you have a right to refuse to buy it or return it. But absolutely, in no uncertain terms, does anyone have the right to demand a creator see things their way or change their vision according to one's wishes. Under no circumstances are people going to be allowed to tell others that their opinions are "wrong".

Nope.

Ive got
i7-8700k
EVGA GeForce 2080 Super
16 Gb G.Skill DDR4 RAM (8 Gb Sticks x 2)
Z370-E ROG STRIX Gaming Mb
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD x2
Windows 10 (20H2) My OS isn't Pirated.
Nvidia Drivers: 460.79
Heres the usual software I run:
- BitDefender
- NordVPN
- ICUE (Corsair RGB Control Software)
- Precision X1 (GPU Monitoring Software)

I see they've just added another Nvidia Driver (460.89) I'll try and update my post under an edit. I've tried disabling all the software above and using DDU for a fresh install of Drivers. I don't Overclock, and I've tried Underclocking up to -200, still no joy on getting the game to start. I've tried a butt load of other stuff but nothing, I said that if I couldn't use it I'd refund but the fact that others with similar equipment can makes me wonder if it is my equipment. I'm really confused and out of options. Any help would make my day.

I have basically the same, but an i5 8600k and a 2070 super.
I run the game in 1440 with rather high settings, DLSS on quality and RT. I´m around 40-60 FPS, but also down to 25 at extreme cases.

I´d say, something is off, and the only thing i can recommend would be a fresh install of your OS. I am running the game with less than your specs, so somewhere something is off in the OS as far as i see it.

I did no such thing. I specifically said that members are perfectly free to like or dislike whatever they wish about the game. I specifically said that they are welcome to share their feedback. That's what the forums are for.

What I said was: "People don't get to hold a studio accountable for something they subjectively dislike -- as if the studio did something 'wrong'." They don't get to interpret a part of the game based on their opinion, then accuse others of "lying". Whatever you happen to like or dislike is up to you. It's no one else's responsibility to agree with or cater to your preferences.

What you have a right to do is express your opinion. If your opinion is that the game is unacceptable, you have a right to refuse to buy it or return it. But absolutely, in no uncertain terms, does anyone have the right to demand a creator see things their way or change their vision according to one's wishes. Under no circumstances are people going to be allowed to tell others that their opinions are "wrong".

Nope.

The gaming community's consensus seems to be that what CDPR did with review score manipulation, via not allowing reviewers access to the console version prior to release, is absolutely abhorrent. Sony has now, rightfully, pulled the game from the PS Store. Is calling out CDPR for this terrible behaviour also subjective?

The gaming community's consensus seems to be that what CDPR did with review score manipulation, via not allowing reviewers access to the console version prior to release, is absolutely abhorrent. Sony has now, rightfully, pulled the game from the PS Store. Is calling out CDPR for this terrible behaviour also subjective?

Not at all. Players on PS4 and PS5 do not have a return policy that's as open as some other marketplaces. Pulling it may have been the only way to ensure refunds were possible. And I especially think this is only fair considering the performance issues on PS4 and XB1 if players are not willing to wait for patches.

This certainly has nothing to do with others' ability to enjoy the game. The game runs perfectly fine on XBX, PS5, and PC. As I stated earlier -- there are valid issues with the game that CDPR has addressed and is working to rectify:

1.) Actual issues -- like the last-gen console performance, crashing issues, certain AI functionality that is horribly clunky or non-functional, visual glitches, or people that ordered the game years ago and never received it. Definitely. These are things that are certainly not working as intended, and CDPR has acknowledge all of them.

Not at all. Players on PS4 and PS5 do not have a return policy that's as open as some other marketplaces. Pulling it may have been the only way to ensure refunds were possible. And I especially think this is only fair considering the performance issues on PS4 and XB1 if players are not willing to wait for patches.

This certainly has nothing to do with others' ability to enjoy the game. The game runs perfectly fine on XBX, PS5, and PC. As I stated earlier -- there are valid issues with the game that CDPR has addressed and is working to rectify:

That's fair. But I also think it's narrow-minded to imply the only valid criticism of the game is that it doesn't run well on base consoles and that there are bugs. The game is unoptimised on PC versions for sure - people with rigs exceeding the 'recommended specs' are getting unacceptable performance on low graphics presets.

That's all ignoring the genuine concerns you can find here and on Reddit about the amount of features that were cut, and how poorly some features have been implemented. I'm delighted for people who enjoy this game and who find it met their expectations. I just wish I could say the same. I hope I will be able to in 6 months when the Devs have had time to work on some issues.

That's fair. But I also think it's narrow-minded to imply the only valid criticism of the game is that it doesn't run well on base consoles and that there are bugs. The game is unoptimised on PC versions for sure - people with rigs exceeding the 'recommended specs' are getting unacceptable performance on low graphics presets.

That's all ignoring the genuine concerns you can find here and on Reddit about the amount of features that were cut, and how poorly some features have been implemented. I'm delighted for people who enjoy this game and who find it met their expectations. I just wish I could say the same. I hope I will be able to in 6 months when the Devs have had time to work on some issues.

I find the PC version to be surprisingly well-optimized. It runs far better than most other huge RPGs I've ever purchased at launch. And I've playing them since the 1980s. I'd love to compare this launch with Ultima VII - IX, Darklands, Lands of Lore, Daggerfall through Fallout 4, VtM: Bloodlines, Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil, Dragon Age: Inquisition...

Hells -- I had way more trouble getting TW3 to run well than Cyberpunk. And I'm still playing on the same system!

But, despite all of those crazy launch issues, they were eventually patched out (...well...except for ToEE...and it took nearly 20 years to fix Darklands...mostly...) And I enjoyed all of the games I've listed.

This will be no different. For me.

But neither you nor anyone else is required to agree with that.

I find the PC version to be surprisingly well-optimized. It runs far better than most other huge RPGs I've ever purchased at launch. And I've playing them since the 1980s. I'd love to compare this launch with Ultima VII - IX, Darklands, Lands of Lore, Daggerfall through Fallout 4, VtM: Bloodlines, Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil, Dragon Age: Inquisition...

Hells -- I had way more trouble getting TW3 to run well than Cyberpunk. And I'm still playing on the same system!

But, despite all of those crazy launch issues, they were eventually patched out (...well...except for ToEE...and it took nearly 20 years to fix Darklands...mostly...) And I enjoyed all of the games I've listed.

Wasnt VtM abandoned by the developers or they closed and left it for the community to fix lol. Its been ages. Either way,lot of people are just let down we waited 8 years for this.

Sure. So far I am impressed with the amount and level of detail, the technique, plural, are many, used to balance the game. Here, on a lower Computer, I run everything at high ... it's incredible. And I still think they'll get even better ... (which is even more incredible).

But absolutely, in no uncertain terms, does anyone have the right to demand a creator see things their way or change their vision according to one's wishes.

Another swing and a miss. People can demand whatever they want. Whether or not they're heard is an entirely different story. Can I demand my bank put 100k in my account? Yes. Will they? No. But I'm able to demand it. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Another swing and a miss. People can demand whatever they want. Whether or not they're heard is an entirely different story. Can I demand my bank put 100k in my account? Yes. Will they? No. But I'm able to demand it. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

errr...nope :) have some law's to regulate it in all world... (Here, it would be called a fraud attempt, if harassment is configured.)

The first step is to acknowledge and owning of up to a mistake and not many major companies will do that so kudos to that.
I'm slightly disappointed but not at all surprised to the mishap at launch, it happens to the the best of us.
I still haven't lost faith and hope for the best.
I know that under all those glitches and errors is a GREAT game waiting to be unleashed.

Witcher 3 or even GTAV quality graphics if it was packed like the PC version is.
Problem is, the NPCs are just hood fodder which leads to bigger problems due to cops having a problem with you running people over for some reason.

Top Bottom