gpuapidx12error / Gpu Crash for unknown reasons!

+
My game is crashing to desktop under 5 minutes of gameplay saying "WHOA! CyberPunk 2077 has flatlined!".
I am unable to play the game and I tried various fixed.
I am seriously out of ideas and I need your help.

Code:
Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3217599  P4CL: 4158334  Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp
Line: 40

The first crash dump states that the game was using 12GB+ of RAM (unclear if it is VRAM or not) before it crashed if I am not wrong:
Code:
"Engine/VersionWatermark@32#TID=0":"3.0.3217599  P4CL: 4158334  Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2  Dec 10 2020 14:01:38  (FINAL) Total memory: 12565938176 bytes "

Full error logs are here:

I tried to fix this with the following:
Hardware:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB STRIX GAMING (with latest drivers 460.89)
  • RAM: 16GB 3600Mhz CL16
  • STORAGE: SSD
  • PLATFORM: GOG
Notes:
I am on Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2 version)

DxDiag on pastebin.com

Last edited:
Check Windows Event Viewer for clues about what exactly crashed (Event ID, error description, etc.).

Long shot but i used to have the same gpu... Have you tryed dling DX and installing and do you use any ingame overlays? (msi afterburner and so on) Use too have the exact same problem in other games but i dont quite remember what i did -.-

Check Windows Event Viewer for clues about what exactly crashed (Event ID, error description, etc.).
I couldnt find anything

Long shot but i used to have the same gpu... Have you tryed dling DX and installing and do you use any ingame overlays? (msi afterburner and so on) Use too have the exact same problem in other games but i dont quite remember what i did -.-
I dont have any overlays, and I installed DirectX, still crashing, no luck

I did, no luck

Same situation. So far my only solution after trying everything reasonnable ( not gonna underclock or reinstall my whole system for the game ) is to go back to Valhalla, which is ironically way more polished, and wait for the actual release of CP2077....

I have an
20201221_075700.jpg
EVGA 1080 Ti, using Precision X1 I lowered the clock on my gpu by -100 and the game is stable. I raised it to -50 and the game still ran fine. This is the fix that worked for me.

Top Bottom