So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
Kinda think we would have heard about that happening. But its not impossible...

I tend to agree. I think CDPR went through the normal certification process and it passed, and there's no indication 8 days after release that the certification was faulty and that the game is causing hardware problems regardless of whatever else may be on the table to debate.

And that's actually good news for both sides really. It would be a very bad look for CDPR to have their game damaging consoles. It would probably be even worse for Sony if they certified that the game wouldn't and it ended up doing so anyway.

Edit: Essentially, the certification process appears to be a non-issue in these discussions at the moment. it worked as intended for both sides.

Removing the game from the PS Store was one of the best things Sony could do in agreement with the CDR.
Now, if the news is real, players will receive compensation and the CDR will not be under such pressure during the repair of the console game itself.
It doesn't change the fact that people buy the game again or, conversely, only buy it as soon as the game is fixed on the console.

The fall of the stock is a shock, of course, but by the logic of things, it's not permanent, and during this incredible hysteria, the CDR must take unpopular steps, but I believe that it will pay off in the end.

I play CP2077 on a PC myself and after 60 hours of play I'm still excited to be able to turn on the CP2077 again :)

Removing the game from the PS Store was one of the best things Sony could do in agreement with the CDR.
Now, if the news is real, players will receive compensation and the CDR will not be under such pressure during the repair of the console game itself.
It doesn't change the fact that people buy the game again or, conversely, only buy it as soon as the game is fixed on the console.

The fall of the stock is a shock, of course, but by the logic of things, it's not permanent, and during this incredible hysteria, the CDR must take unpopular steps, but I believe that it will pay off in the end.

I play CP2077 on a PC myself and after 60 hours of play I'm still excited to be able to turn on the CP2077 again :)
I think this is exactly why they should offer pc users a refund option as well. Im sure many people wouldnt refund regardless and those people would put less pressure on CDPR. Let those who want to jump ship jump ship. Theres always the option down the line for them to come back later when it wont be such a problem.

Sad that the game is deemed so broken on the PS that Sony have pulled it.

Feel bad for all the console players that have been waiting for many years to play this game and this is how it turns out. :(

I'm playing on PC with modest hardware and I haven't experienced any crashes or many bugs. Performance could be better though. I have pretty much exclusively followed the main story - it's very good - the writing and storyline are very engaging.

Last edited:

Guest 4495820

Hey mister Michał Kiciński...

I am just curios, how much is a bribe to Sony's Certification department these days?
Surely that is how the PS4 port managed to be out in this situation, and also the same question applies to Sony
How much did you guys take from CD Projekt Red ?
Not even trolling, it is a serious question, because no one in their right mind which is responsible for certification would allow the game to be published on the PS Store.
Also, mr Michal, were the bribe money from nVidia's budget to force you to implement raytracing and DLSS ?

Thank you, waiting for a serious answer from a representative from CD Project Red

Yes happened with Batman AK. Also, a WB published game.
Batman AK was pulled by the Devs, not the Store owner. This is the first time, that a AAA Title was pulled by the Store Owner. CDPR can only blame themselfs. They fucked up big time.
To be clear, Sony and Microsoft, if they follow suit, are doing this not because the want to protect their customers.
They do it to protect their interests.
I'm now looking for evidence to news floating around, that CDPR Shareholder lost 2 Billion Dollars because the game was pulled by Sony.
This will hurt.

See CDPR, this is what happens when you try to embrace the world. Someone will bite you.
Old gen release should have been delayed.

See CDPR, this is what happens when you try to embrace the world. Someone will bite you.
Old gen release should have been delayed.
The decision was actually made by both CDPR and SIE, at least from what I read, for some reason people don't want to talk about that part.

From what I read, bits and pieces here and there, Sony has min performance requirements for games released on their consoles.

They let CP2077 launch assuming CDPR will patch the game to an acceptable performance level.

They don't do individual refunds. Thus when CDPR announced that they will allow refunds and customers contacted Sony, Sony said they can only refund if they haven't downloaded or played the game as per policy and/or the game is technically substandard and the developer fails to patch it up to standard.

Currently it is the latter situation. The PS4 version (and some might argue the Pro version too) has been deemed unacceptable and CDPR has failed to patch it up to standard, so the game is pulled from their store and refunds are opened until further notice.

The decision was actually made by both CDPR and SIE, at least from what I read, for some reason people don't want to talk about that part.
Yes, you are right and makes sense. As outcome, they will reduce their own pressure and Sony will have less problems to solve in long terms.
Most part of the selling is present on PC, i am not sure how much this strategy will hurt. We don't have any option but wait.

Yup! They also offer full refunds they said that on Twitter @AskPlaystation

And I guess they didn't want to continue offering refunds considering the high amount of traffic so they pulled the whole thing out before christmas happened.

Bridge to commander Yikes.

This situation is pretty rare in my memory.

I think this is exactly why they should offer pc users a refund option as well. Im sure many people wouldnt refund regardless and those people would put less pressure on CDPR. Let those who want to jump ship jump ship. Theres always the option down the line for them to come back later when it wont be such a problem.
Agreed. I for one, would and will not refund, because i played so long to see if it get's better. It does not. I played over 20 hours and would feel bad to refund after such a period of time.
I am not angry about the bugs, they will be fixed. The game runs well on my rig, only had one crash, wich was my fault.
They game just doesn't cut it for me in the current state. It is not what CDPR made us believe it would be.
Industry standards for this type of games are simply not present in CP 2077.
They really have a lot of work to do.

I will not refund. I waited this game for six years. Two last years I was counting days. My PC rig runs it well enough. I am not flooded by bugs.

But I can't help but feel bit disappointed by whats missing.

I will not refund. I waited this game for six years. Two last years I was counting days. My PC rig runs it well enough. I am not flooded by bugs.

Exactly there's plenty of people like yourself that are perfectly fine with keeping the game. Giving the option to refund on pc and the consoles not only gives an option to opt out but also gives the ability to regain some faith until the game is in a better state. People will rebuy when its fixed lets be real. By then there might even be some features and content added back in as well.

Same here...

I played the first few missions and was in awe at first. After a few moments of roaming the districts I quickly noticed what was missing and my mood slightly worsend.

I have chosen a random game released on both pc and ps2, grand theft auto San Andreas. Not too taxing a game but not the most basic game either. It's minimum system requirements on PC are as follows:
  • Processor: 1Ghz Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor.
  • Memory: 256MB of RAM.
  • Graphics: 64MB Video Card (Geforce 3 or better)
This is the system specs for the PS2:
CPU: 128-bit "Emotion Engine" (300MHz) with multiple co-processors
RAM: 32MB Rambus DRAM, 4MB Video RAM
Graphics: Dedicated graphics synthesizer connected to CPU via 64-bit 1.2GB/s bus

Now my turn for the questions. Could you please explain how a console with a third of the CPU power, an 8th the ram and an 8th of the vram run this game?
It's way more complex than what that user beleve.
I'm not an expert at all, but it's well known that console hardware and pc hardware is much different, even if Amd make chips for both parties.

Top Bottom