People I think need to give CDPR a chance I think they've earned it.

+
Let's be completely and utterly honest here.
Hello Games underdelivered on their product and their only achievement is that they managed to turn that bad product around, but ideally there shouldn't be any need to do so. They are not heroes for doing that, they only managed to do what they were paid for by their playerbase. It's not a legendary feat, it's something that they should've done in the first place.

True, but as InternetHistorian said, the could have either take the money and bail, or do a 360° on the game.
Still have to appreciate it.

The problem of not doing it in the first place is an issue in the game industry.

Pay an engineer to make a project for a bridge, the bridge collapse because the engineer used weak steel, engineer goes to prison.
Bethesda release Fallout76, the game doesn't work, class action, any news about that?NOPE
Loophole, gigantic loophole, lack of laws that protect the customer properly.

The documentary on that game by InternetHistorian really adds all the context you'd ever need as to what happened. TL;DR being sony deadline and a small indie team working on a project that got way too much attention.

CDPR isn't some indie team and they set their own deadline that they couldn't hit.

Guest 4406876

Maybe something that burns so quickly isn't really good will to begin with?

Also, a few posts got deleted. Rules state clearly - no real life political references on the forums. If this continues, thread gets locked.
No it's not, I never expected anyone to have good will, and this supposed "you have to show faith and have good will" or even commenting on that is , in my opinion, ridiculous and sounds it's a cult of some sort.

Many people here forgot one thing. This isn't a cult, it's a forum discussing pros and cons without belittling others or make them feel like their opinion is worth nothing or not showing enough good will, because "if you don't like it take a hike".

But first and foremost, it's a way for customers to give feedback as customers, and many times over the community failed to accept that (always in my opinion, but as always it's just my opinion mark my words).

Always in my opinion a company that is growing really needs to work for a better state of their communication channels, because the bigger said company gets, the more complicated and more professional you have to be.

And this doesn't include moderators commenting on customers feelings (always in my opinion).

Showing good will and good standing with said company should come natural, and should not be a prerequisite. (in my opinion)

Hello Games underdelivered on their product and their only achievement is that they managed to turn that bad product around, but ideally there shouldn't be any need to do so. They are not heroes for doing that, they only managed to do what they were paid for by their playerbase. It's not a legendary feat, it's something that they should've done in the first place.

"Hello Games underdelivered on their product..." - True

- I had the game purchased before launch and I platinumed the game before the first major update, I say that to say I know to what extent they underdelivered. It's absolutely true that they underdelivered on their product, 100% objective fact.

"their only achievement is that they managed to turn that bad product around..." - False

- This is objectively false. As it stands today, Hello Games has gone way over, above and beyond of what was promised to the people who bought their game. It could be argued that they've essentially created No Man's Sky 2 and given it all away for free. They didn't charge me or anyone who owned the game for a single thing beyond the initial purchase.

"...but ideally there shouldn't be any need to do so" - True

- Absolutely.

"they only managed to do what they were paid for by their player base" - False

- See above example. They've gone way past what was expected and haven't charged a penny.

"It's not a legendary feat..." - False

- I beg to differ. Even excluding the fact that they've went above and beyond and haven't charged a penny, they've actually done it. Very few can ever say that much.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you, it should have been done in the first place although they still deserve some credit for sorting out their game and making a good product. But at this point is there any other solution to solve this mess other than pulling a NMS ?

2. It's quite a bit more than mishandling the launch. What do you say about CDPR explicitly stating, I quote, "the game runs surprisingly well on last-gen consoles" when that is obviously not the case.
To play devil’s advocate, they never said it ran well ;)

“Surprisingly well” was their choice of words, note the qualifier (perhaps meaning “surprised that it ran at all”, haha). But yeah, pretty scummy moves they pulled in regards to the reviews.

As it stands today, Hello Games has gone way over, above and beyond of what was promised to the people who bought their game.
I get that the circlejerk jerks the other way ’round now but that is factually incorrect. Quite a lot of features promised prior to its release still have not been (and likely never will be) implemented.

To play devil’s advocate, they never said it ran well ;)

“Surprisingly well” was their choice of words, note the qualifier (perhaps meaning “surprised that it ran at all”, haha). But yeah, pretty scummy moves they pulled in regards to the reviews.

I get that the circlejerk jerks the other way ’round now but that is factually incorrect. Quite a lot of features promised prior to its release still have not (and likely never will be) implemented.
Surprised they even had a ps4 copy somewhere in the office.

I get that the circlejerk jerks the other way ’round now but that is factually incorrect. Quite a lot of features promised prior to its release still have not been (and likely never will be) implemented.
That's fair. If you were to make an itemized list of everything promised, I'm sure things are absent. However, they've also added things that were not promised. Each of us are entitled to our judgement systems and for me personally what I condemn and what I forgive is largely based on principal. I'm not easily pleased when it comes to gaming at least in my subjective opinion and for me personally, Hello Games has redeemed themselves and then some.

If I get to decide on who makes it in my own video game heaven, as things stand right now Hello Games makes it in. Not because they ticked every single box, not because the obeyed the law to the letter but because they showed in action and practice a sincere and genuine appreciation for their own game and the people who supported them. Because of that sincerity which manifested itself not just in idealism and intention but was and is to this day being followed through with actual action, I'll carry water for them happily.

True... in a way CDPR is in a similar, but worse position then HG was, though... plus the giant betrayal of well established costumer trust... and I fear nothing short of a similar effort on their part will get them out of it.

True... in a way CDPR is in a similar, but worse position then HG was, though... plus the giant betrayal of well established costumer trust... and I fear nothing short of a similar effort on their part will get them out of it.
I don't know how other people feel but my worry is that CDPR just fixes the bug/glitches and performance issues and thinks that's all people expect and then go on to release paid story DLC. For me personally, that's not a path I have a lot of interest in. I want to see the game not only fixed from a performance issue but from the stand point that the game is pretty weak outside of the story and the foundation (build construction) of Night City.

I don't know how other people feel but my worry is that CDPR just fixes the bug/glitches and performance issues and thinks that's all people expect and then go on to release paid story DLC. For me personally, that's not a path I have a lot of interest in. I want to see the game not only fixed from a performance issue but from the stand point that the game is pretty weak outside of the story and the foundation (build construction) of Night City.
Well, they are not forced to do anyhing above and beyond like No Man Sky did, fixing the bugs and performance apparently is the number 1 issue of most people i read online both Steam and Reddit.

"Having a blast even with the bugs"
Everyone had a blast, expect console users, R.I.P, yet that feeling of lack of content and other big issue still remain.

Why is it that video games companioes are the only thing that get this kind of white knight treatment from people? If this was about a product that was not a video game, the price of the product being irrelevant, and CDPR was not a video game company, nobody would be defending CDPR. They'd be pissed, want their money back, and never do business with them again, whether they got the refund or not.

Well, they are not forced to do anyhing above and beyond like No Man Sky did, fixing the bugs and performance apparently is the number 1 issue of most people i read online both Steam and Reddit.

"Having a blast even with the bugs"
Everyone had a blast, expect console users, R.I.P, yet that feeling of lack of content and other big issue still remain.
They're not even forced to fix it at all I don't believe. Also I fully realize CDPR well never be on the phone with the investors discussing if trying to make into our respective video game heavens is something worthy of pursuit but ultimately you reap what you sow. Because as you point out that no one is forced to go above and beyond, if all CDPR is shooting for is baseline of what is expected...I think they'll fall short of what a lot of people expect.

Will CDPR aim to meet the expectation of the people who bought this game because of the hype and likely may never buy another CDPR game again regardless of if they enjoyed it or not or will they at least aim to meet the expectations of the people who bought previous CDPR games, followed the development of CP2077 for 8 years, preordered many months ago etc? If they choose to go the former route, I'd call that very risky to future business.

I am playing on PC.

Good game but definitively not THE Game that everybody was expecting...

-Lack of Sex interaction, yes ! This should have been a Mature game, dark and aligned with the Night City atmosphere
-Better NPC interaction
-Better scenario and ending between the different classes.

Now,
lets be clear even if we have tons of patches, correction will not happens tomorrow...
I can only pray that Modding give us a way (I am a modder) to make all corrections needed....and not to wait months...

In my mind developers have not to be seen as guilty. Graphics and tons of details are gorgeous and well done. On the other hand i feel that some project decisions, probably, have leaded to such bad choices.... Not to say that CPDR management is hardly guilty, they should have make the greatest game (as the witcher) of the year and for the coming ones....

But ok lets see and as i told you lets pray that the way to mod this game remains really open. We will go faster than CPDR...helas.!

To be added :

i may think that all are waiting a strong and honest communication from them on what they plan for the future....

Why is it that video games companioes are the only thing that get this kind of white knight treatment from people? If this was about a product that was not a video game, the price of the product being irrelevant, and CDPR was not a video game company, nobody would be defending CDPR. They'd be pissed, want their money back, and never do business with them again, whether they got the refund or not.
I think it largely has to do with the fact that games are such a big part of gamers lives from an experience and often emotional point of view. When amazing games are made, it effect us. As gamers we want to love the people that make it possible to have those experiences and we get caught up in our emotions and unrealistic ideals.

Top Bottom