PLEASE make V have a reflection! Totally kills immersion.

+
Title.
I keep running and bumping into mirrors or glass walls because V does not have a reflection. This totally breaks my immersion.

Adding this to the game (I know it will be hard and will need some compromises with camera position and to get it right with cutscenes and so on) will make it SO much better. AND it will get rid of the ugly mirror reflection you added to the game at the moment (in your appartement for example) because your current mirror reflection is not affected by DLSS and gets VERY pixelated on higher settings.

Oh, and when I am on it: Why am I bald in this ugly mirror reflection? Why do I have to wear underwear when I am showering? Why does my radio or TV have almost unaudible sound, i can hardly hear them? :)

Check the nexusmods page for cyberpunk! Someone added reflections for V already! Apparently it's a tiny hit to the performance but... What isn't? :D

Check the nexusmods page for cyberpunk! Someone added reflections for V already! Apparently it's a tiny hit to the performance but... What isn't? :D
The reflections are in the game, but just turned off. The mod turns them back on. BUT, the character has no head. Apparently that wasn't implemented in the code. Not sure whether the mod will be able to fix that -- maybe? It's probably one of those dozens of things that are partially in the game, but turned off due to either console limitations, or running out of time to develop the game to its finished state.

Title.
I keep running and bumping into mirrors or glass walls because V does not have a reflection. This totally breaks my immersion.

Adding this to the game (I know it will be hard and will need some compromises with camera position and to get it right with cutscenes and so on) will make it SO much better. AND it will get rid of the ugly mirror reflection you added to the game at the moment (in your appartement for example) because your current mirror reflection is not affected by DLSS and gets VERY pixelated on higher settings.

Oh, and when I am on it: Why am I bald in this ugly mirror reflection? Why do I have to wear underwear when I am showering? Why does my radio or TV have almost unaudible sound, i can hardly hear them? :)

It is ironic for a game that touts next gen open world and real-time ray tracing as major selling points that 1) you cannot see your character (1st person only) and 2) you cannot even see your character reflection in mirrors/surfaces....

The argument CDPR made for strictly first person (removing 3rd person as option) was that it would help IMMERSION...

Yet I can't think of anything more immersion breaking than driving down the road on a motorcycle and look at a reflective surface and seeing just the bike driving itself with your character no where to be seen in the reflection...

Game developers figured out how to put a first person character's reflection in games in the 90s, the fact that this game cannot do that to the extent that they even needed to have mirrors be activated to be reflective is astounding.

It's another cut corner. The game doesn't have believable animations for your character (see the shadows when you are weilding a katana, they are ridiculous), implementing them would take too much development time, so they disabled reflections and called it a day.

I agree that reflections are a must. The Division 2 proves that reflections are possible. The idea that it would effect performance is ridiculous, I've been playing this game with max settings and my pc barely breaks a sweat.

They can't, the animations look stupid in third person, your only hope is those mirrors you can activate manually or photo mode.

The reflections are in the game, but just turned off. The mod turns them back on. BUT, the character has no head.

Yeah, what an awkward decision to "solve" the 1st person problem just by turning off reflections.
Because of the camera position your head is not rendered ingame or you will likely see the inside of your head rather often, especially in cutscenes.
There must be some sollution to this. Use a Head Model for V where the textures are only visible from one side and not from the other side (the "inside") maybe? Or slightly change the 1st person camera position?
Maybe ask Bethesda how they solved it? Reflections of your own char in Wolfenstein: Youngblood works great there with RT enabled. But I think the camera position in this game is more like down at the belly...

They can't, the animations look stupid in third person, your only hope is those mirrors you can activate manually or photo mode.

Yeah, mirros work strange in this game because V's head is not rendered ingame. They use some 2D Projection on a flat 2D Texture that moves or something? This leads to other problems, like your head being bald when wearing a hat or the image getting VERY pixelated if you are using DLSS because DLSS does not work on the mirror image...

Your head not being rendered ingame is also the reason for the problem with V's shadow being always bald and completely missing hair...

What is up with the position V stands in when looking at a mirror. Always looking down. You have to point the camera up as far as it goes just to get V to look right into the camera. And then theres the fact if your wearing a hat your always bald in the mirror :(

I kind of like the way it is as it seems as though all mirrors are programmed to bring up cybernet info about the person choosing to look into them before showing a reflection. I honestly think it helps with immersion for me.

I kind of like the way it is as it seems as though all mirrors are programmed to bring up cybernet info about the person choosing to look into them before showing a reflection. I honestly think it helps with immersion for me.

They could leave the bathroom mirrors like that for sure, but the glass window infront of a shop is not made of this smart reflective surface. When you can see the NPC standing next to you in a reflection but not yourself, such as in elevators in missions its very immersion breaking. Obviously this only counts with RTX

Top Bottom