AN OPEN LETTER TO CD PROJECT RED...

+
The gamers you are trying to protect are going to be pissed their half naked and the gamers like myself that expect realism will notice the break in continuity and be pissed.

CDPR hasn't tried to protect anyone but themselves. What it usually comes down to is a balancing act of trying to fall somewhere in middle of offending the least amount of people as possible and pleasing the most amount of people as possible. Where CDPR messed up in my opinion was the willing chopping off of their balls in the hopes that castrating themselves would somehow mitigate backlash. If you're to put in an option to turn off nudity for the people who don't want it in their game for whatever reason, that's called being reasonable and such a thing is worthy of respect from both sides of the isle.

The problem is not everyone is reasonable and trying to please unreasonable people amounts to making about as much sense as banging your head against the wall and blaming the wall. For this reason, CDPR are the only ones to blame and they tried to protect no one but themselves. Stupidity is a great teacher.

I can't say I want to refund the game but I'm dreading the ending choices. I'm enjoying it because the premise is sound but what was promised just isn't there.

I don't know what killed this game but it has flatlined... It could be brought back, I'm waiting to see what they are going to do with the forthcoming patches and what their next public moves will be. The PR handling of the nudity issues is atrocious and scares me a lot. Will I be able to get a refund in February if the game still isn't any good or something of what was expected? Probably not. There isn't any talk about the weak RPG implementation, either.

There are so many things in the game that are almost good enough. So many characters wasted and opportunities missed. I'm starting to see those more than I am the fancy graphics, beautiful scenery and what is at its core, an interesting story and that's the problem. Why is this? Is it that I am getting pessimistic? It would be easy to think that corporate greed and the desire to fill the kiddies xmas stockings is to blame but that would probably spell the end.

I'm really annoyed that you can't romance characters like Barry (I think he is hot although his apartment is a dump) or Sophie is it who you rescue at the start? I can easily see both as bisexual, as well. These are really obvious choices and that also scares me. Maybe CDPR really never gave a damn about the game and were just looking for a cash cow, luring us in with lots of wild "suggestions" and flashing lights?

I want my choices to mean something. I want to piss off this gang and work with another. I want them to react to my affiliations. I want more romance options and be able to interact with that character or those characters. I want street cred and reputation to influence the story choices and outcomes. And since they are taking such an obvious back-peddle, I want an adult themed game - more sex options, full nudity. I want to be able to hang out in clubs and have fun, mini games... Something interesting to do when the game tells you "wait a few hours"... I want the clothes the NPCs have! Make more out of the braindance thing (and I'm so annoyed I never saw what existed prior to 1.04). The music is great, the visuals are great but I feel like I'm locked out, peering in though a little hole.

As a final word, CDPR, please take care of your asset, make this work.

So they make one bad game and you immediately throw them under the bus?
Come on, have a little faith.... everyone makes mistakes but unlike most this one was also affected by covid.

Wait for the next game before making such absolute judgements.
You claim Cyberpunk (first of its kind in the franchise) is the same as ME3 (the third iteration)? thats incredibly naive... might aswell be comparing witcher 1 and witcher 3 and claim they are identical... i bet most people will tell you W3 is miles better.

No! This isn't the first time something like this happened.

Witcher 3 was buggy as hell during the launch as well, but I didn't mind that. What got to me then they blatantly lied about not downgrading the game on PC and then came clean about it when people proved it. They never even fully remedied this.

They promised modding tools and Witcher 3 version of redkit at launch, but they broke their promise and never released the redkit at all. They only released the modding tools after the community created their own tools.

I am sick and tired of rewarding their bad behaviour. Even now, they are waiting for things to die down, instead acknowledging the issues and assuring people they are working on them. Only thing they acknowledged is bugs, but those are not the only issues we have.

Witcher 3 was buggy as hell during the launch as well, but I didn't mind that. What got to me then they blatantly lied about not downgrading the game on PC and then came clean about it when people proved it. They never even fully remedied this.

They promised modding tools and Witcher 3 version of redkit at launch, but they broke their promise and never released the redkit at all. They only released the modding tools after the community created their own tools.
Also, the Russian localization was messed up (40-50% of the voice lines played either too fast or too slow); they promised to fix this, they "fixed" very few select cases via chopping the words out of sentences to make them fit the cutscene's preset timing and said "there, done", while the rest of the voice lines remain as such in the game to this very day.

The days when people could without a hint of irony call CDPR the good guys are long gone.

Also, the Russian localization was messed up (40-50% of the voice lines played either too fast or too slow); they promised to fix this, they "fixed" very few select cases via chopping the words out of sentences to make them fit the cutscene's preset timing and said "there, done", while the rest of the voice lines remain as such in the game to this very day.

The days when people could without a hint of irony call CDPR the good guys are long gone.

They didn't even bother to fix that, what are the chances of them fixing Cyberpunk?

Dear CD Project RED,

There is a lot of negativity surrounding the game and things appear to be getting out of hand at the moment. I just wanted to say even though not everyone realizes this, I know what happened wasn't do to greed or malice. I have no way of knowing what happened and I can only guess as to the circumstances/reasons why this happened, but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind you will fix this. Any and all bugs can be fixed, missing features can be added, endings and story elements can be corrected. You are a dev team who always crafted games with love and passion. Even though Cyberpunk 2077 isn't everything you promised us to be, that love still shines throughout the world you created. I will patiently wait for the day you turn this disaster into a badge of honor.

I still believe in you.

Thewarsend.

PS: Please fix the endings, they are unbearably bad. Please don't do what certain other developer did. My hate for them is known.
They are the victim of discrimination for sure, and it's very sad. But I do believe the world will level itself out in the future somehow.

Dear CD Project RED,

There is a lot of negativity surrounding the game and things appear to be getting out of hand at the moment. I just wanted to say even though not everyone realizes this, I know what happened wasn't do to greed or malice. I have no way of knowing what happened and I can only guess as to the circumstances/reasons why this happened, but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind you will fix this. Any and all bugs can be fixed, missing features can be added, endings and story elements can be corrected. You are a dev team who always crafted games with love and passion. Even though Cyberpunk 2077 isn't everything you promised us to be, that love still shines throughout the world you created. I will patiently wait for the day you turn this disaster into a badge of honor.

I still believe in you.

Thewarsend.

PS: Please fix the endings, they are unbearably bad. Please don't do what certain other developer did. My hate for them is known.
We love you cd project red, and still trust, but save V and his romances, we love it so MUCH
Post automatically merged:

That is what we all want!
Ah hello again

OP, feel your frustrations but if I may, present a different point of view for you to consider? The game is a dystopian, dark future where technology has invaded our life to the point that it's moving human progress beyond what it is to even be human.

The endings really do echo those sentiments. The dystopian narratives of the endings present rich plot opportunities for the continuity of future titles.

If we put aside the issues surrounding the game dev, the bugs, that spoil narrative flow the game as a whole really sat with me.

To summarize the game is really fun and enjoyable, then from a story point of view, it leaves you with so many mixed emotions, for me that really intriguing.

Dear CD Project RED,

I still believe in you.

Thewarsend.

Omg they are not your friends. And for a lack of a better word yes, it boils down to greed. They released this game in this condition knowingly and they did so because they liked that money. That is it. Imagine coming here and treating them as if they were some family member who screwed up big time.

Also the dev team is not the one making the decision to launch the game and neither are the players to blame for the early release. They announced april as release date and they decided to postpone the launch and no amount of customer crying would make em rush out a game like this. They liked that xmas business I assume so thats why we got what we got when we got it.

Aside from a plethora of bugs this game is an okay experience. Its not groundbreaking but still enjoyable (If you can run it decently). Its an okay game that you can have some fun with. That said its still an absolute let down if you start to factor in all the things they promised and then obviously cut from the game. Even if they released it virtually bug free the game itself is shallow compared to what was promised or advertised. And while there is leeway for a product to change over time, its just too much at this point.

Stop making excuses for them please.

That's a load of horse hockey ...... If the Witcher 3 release version looked and played better than the E3 demos the Modders wouldn't have spent 1000's of hours coming up with Mods to make the game look like the demos

E3FX
E3DodgeSystem
E3 Ultra Grass 420
E3Quen
E3 Geralt Hair Physics 60FPS FIX
E3 UI and HUD
E3 Improved Combat Animations
E3 HD Birds Reworked Project
Improved Yennefer (E3 Trailer and DLC Appearance)
The Wisp from E3 2014 Demo
E3 Inspired Gameplay Mod

To name just a few

What the heck are you talking about?
We were NEVER talking about Witcher 3 here now were we?

You completely missed the post I was quoting... the post i quoted said: "They eventually made up for it and I naively thought they would actually get it right this time and had learned from their mistakes

I WAS WRONG ..... They didn't learn a damned thing
"

They didnt learn a damn thing, huh? then why... why does cyberpunk 2077 release version look BETTER than the E3 version?

Claiming they didnt learn from the graphical downgrading, now THATS a load of bull soccer.

Last edited:
I can tell you were referring to bioware and mass effect 3. The way I see it, cyberpunk is no different than mass effect 3 and Bioware and cd project is about the same. They may fix bugs sure, but they will make similar excuses and won't fix the ending or the story. You are fooling yourself if you think they care about customer satisfaction at this point.

I think it is way to early for this comparison. Bioware basically abandoned Mass Effect 3 and now is doing a remaster of the first three gamest to create the illusion of a do over with the series. Bioware produced shit did the bare bone fixes and then left the Mass Effect fans out to dry.

Cyberpunk as just launched and while it needs some work is not, in my opinion, in as bad of shape as ME3 was at this stage. In the next month or two, depending on how the devs react we will see what comes of this. however to draw those conclusions so quick into the cycle is just hyperbole and intellectually dishonest.

The Witcher 3

Fully patched, multiple times, a lot of fixes... and still selling at Steam....and one of the most selling in world. #fact

Mods

It would be a good term to put things as they are and not as they could be according to 'wishes' imposing this as 'third party promises'. It happens a lot with Cyberpunk.

Whoever creates extra content for Cyberpunk, should stick more to the 'rules of the game', especially with regard to disassembling the core game to produce extra content to present them on their personal pages with a link below saying 'donate'. This is not something that belittles moders, but the choice or not to support 'moders', I'm sorry, it is not up to the community but it is only the CD or who makes a game. There are games that do not even allow the use of this ... right of those who make the game. Do not like? Produce games ... good luck ... but that is the fact or facts (plural).

I, in particular, like mods, but I know that these are under strict license from whoever produced the game. In Nexus, there are even mods that touch the core of the game.

I would expect patch updates to think about 'mods' for a simple reason, they will even change part of the core game at the end. Many gamers are complaining - alias, making storms in water glasses - because, after playing with their games, they have corrupted saved games, the game crash here or there ... and they are the same ones that flood forums like reedit whining about 'CD is evil, the demon has taken over the company, the world will end tomorrow '...

prudence and reason never hurts ...

Top Bottom