Parkouring is (almost) suicide

+
Hello everyone, I wanted to create this thread as I've experienced something which wasted so much of my time.

I have equipped myself with Reinforced Tendons, this Cyberware allows you to make doublejumps, making it easy to climb above roof and create shortcuts towards objective nearby. You may have experienced something like your character having an insane speed while running on borders or barriers, I assumed this was a glitch, but something bugs me real bad about this.

Everytime I come to be on a roof, sometime to get down, I slide from a tilted ledge, the game will speed me up towards the ground and regardless of how high it is, even just a 2 meters slide will instantly kill me as the game will treat this as a fatal fall, this bug, doesn't only happen while parkouring, but something just jumping over a pile of trash will kill you, creating an animation of electroshock and flatline screen comes up, trying to climb a tilted wall by bunnyhopping will sometime send you to nirvana and you'll be lucky enough to be pushed sideways, where it will just set you back a couple of meters away, but bad luck if you were high up already, then that fall will also kill you.

I feel like this is one big issue as the reinforced tendons are made to create shortcut, I don't believe there's any use to them, but they're simply broken...

You might want to try it with the other jumping upgrade (The one that charges up instead of giving you double-jump) because I've been using that to get into all kinds of places without the issues you describe. Although if you climb high enough in the city centers you'll soon find that most building roofs are clearly not meant to be viewed from above.

Although if it's not the cyberware specifically then maybe it also depends what platform you're playing on. I'm on PC so if you're running into that bug on another platform then maybe that's why.

Ziffa

Forum regular
What OP describe is a collision bug of some sort, i've flat lined A LOT by just vaulting where i was not suppose to, or even when i was suppose to.

Same reason while running near a 45° surface propels you at light speed.

The falling damage doesn't seem to take the distance fallen into account.

You can jump off a 1m ledge and land with no problem, fall off the same ledge you're flat lined.

Ziffa

Forum regular
The falling damage doesn't seem to take the distance fallen into account.

You can jump off a 1m ledge and land with no problem, fall off the same ledge you're flat lined.
Also, when fallling from hight distance, you can't use double jump to the last sec as you could do in other situation.
There is a perk that allow you to negate fall damage by performing an areial spalsh damage atk, similar to what Deus Ex do.

There are some spots in game where if you touch it, your car/bike freezes in mid air and explodes. Seems like a navmesh issue, could be related somehow.

There are some spots in game where if you touch it, your car/bike freezes in mid air and explodes. Seems like a navmesh issue, could be related somehow.

I think it actually is, yet again just a couple of minute ago i jumped on a pile of garbage, it flatlined me instantly, to quote Havtorn's response above, I'm also running the game on PC, this doesn't look like a "bug" or "glitch" more like physics issues... I have formulated myself wrongly and I apologize

Ziffa

Forum regular
I think it actually is, yet again just a couple of minute ago i jumped on a pile of garbage, it flatlined me instantly, to quote Havtorn's response above, I'm also running the game on PC, this doesn't look like a "bug" or "glitch" more like physics issues... I have formulated myself wrongly and I apologize
Worry not my friend, as every mistake is a lesson learnt
OT

Top Bottom