Important update for PlayStation users

+
Yeah but wasnt VtM left for fans and modders to fix and make it the game it is? IIRC The developers disbanded or just abandoned the game.
Yeah, it was a fan patched/modded version I played about 5 years after release. Still janky, but it was the story and characters that kept me playing.

CDPR are really hoping that all of their investors are like you. Personally, I'm expecting the mega shareholder lawsuit any day now, given the assurances investors received just a few weeks ago.
Objectively, nothing terrible happened from a business point of view. CDPR is a profitable company that makes money not only on Cyberpunk. The game is released, yes, it does not work so well somewhere, but we know perfectly well that CDPR is known for its quality post-sale work with games, they will fix everything. And when the add-ons come out, everyone will buy. The life cycle of The Witcher 3 is at least 5 years and it is still very vigorous.

I will wait until April. And now is just the best time to buy CDPR stock, there won't be any more chance.

That seriously hurts. I hope they learn from it, something like that never happened before, not for a game that has cost a fortune. If they don't learn from it.. Let'#s be optimistic, they will learn from it!

Oh really? Because Inquisition actually got itself a whole host of new fans and many considered it to be an improvement over II in a lot of ways.

Andromeda received backlash for being Andromeda, first and foremost. Prior to its release, people were actually excited for it.

Oh hell yes they do. Putting out a broken product, trying to conceal just how bad the situation is until the last possible moment via ultra restrictive NDAs, doing the most half-hearted damage control imaginable? That's not to mention all the features that were promised but are nowhere to be seen. That's not even their first muck up either, but it sure as hell the stingiest and easily outdoes everything BioWare or Bethesda ever did.

No, implying is when you don't say something outright; I do say it outright: Cyberpunk 2077 is a broken goddamn mess.

Your mileage may vary on what constitutes as "fine".

[...]
Post automatically merged:

I'll politely decline your request, thank you.
1. Origins is the only good game in that series and probably the last good game Bioware made before EA sank their fangs into them.
2. No, Andromeda received backlash because fans were still pissed from how they were treated during the Mass Effect 3 ending debacle.
3. [...]
4. Cyberpunk 2077 is not broken. It runs fine and is fun.

Objectively, nothing terrible happened from a business point of view. CDPR is a profitable company that makes money not only on Cyberpunk. The game is released, yes, it does not work so well somewhere, but we know perfectly well that CDPR is known for its quality post-sale work with games, they will fix everything. And when the add-ons come out, everyone will buy. The life cycle of The Witcher 3 is at least 5 years and it is still very vigorous.

I will wait until April. And now is just the best time to buy CDPR stock, there won't be any more chance.
It's a matter of perspective and confidence. You are of the opinion that the lost revenues will be recovered, the excess expenses currently being incurred to fix the problems will be inconsequential to the discounted stream of future cash flows, and that the growth in discounted future cash flows will continue at a pace commensurate with price to earnings ratio reflected in the pre-release expectation of discounted future cash flows. You might be right -- you probably know the company better than I do.

Edit: you're probably right about the stock price being at a temporary low. That's the way shocks frequently work.

Good news. I have purchased this game today for PC ... I'm well aware there are technical issues and bugs ... and news like this imo means that there seriously will be interest to make this game better. I hope CDProject is a company which takes its reputation seriously and will want improve it as fast as possible. Cyberpunk 2077 imo is too good game for not do it :)

i am an esdf player, also know zero about coding - i still managed to remap the keys without any problems (of course i googled how). Not sayin you should do it.. but why it's the end of the world every time people don't find a product tuned for them personally?

As you say, I shouldn't do it and I won't. It's not end of the world, I just wish they stated this upfront, so I would have avoided this mess altogether.

It's a matter of perspective and confidence. You are of the opinion that the lost revenues will be recovered, the excess expenses currently being incurred to fix the problems will be inconsequential to the discounted stream of future cash flows, and that the growth in discounted future cash flows will continue at a pace commensurate with price to earnings ratio reflected in the pre-release expectation of discounted future cash flows. You might be right -- you probably know the company better than I do.

Edit: you're probably right about the stock price being at a temporary low. That's the way shocks frequently work.
I try to look at the company on the horizon for at least 5 years, not a day or a month.

What's next with CDPR?

1. Bug fixes.
2. The new season of the series The Witcher.
3. Three add-ons to Cyberpunk.
4. Multiplayer Cyberpunk.
5. Possible further development of GOG Galaxy
6. Announcement of a new game based on the Witcher universe.
7. I really hope that the listing on the NASDAQ.

If half of this happens, the company will be fine.

I try to look at the company on the horizon for at least 5 years, not a day or a month.

What's next with CDPR?

1. Bug fixes.
2. The new season of the series The Witcher.
3. Three add-ons to Cyberpunk.
4. Multiplayer Cyberpunk.
5. Possible further development of GOG Galaxy
6. Announcement of a new game based on the Witcher universe.
7. I really hope that the listing on the NASDAQ.

If half of this happens, the company will be fine.
All very good points.

Not everyone wants a PC and some of prefer playing on console over PC..you aren't the master race..and I been having fun with Cyberpunk on my ps4..ive had minimal problems and lots of fun and I'm very patient for the patches
my nephews have a PS4 so I will offer them the game, i said for people who wanna play now

Top Bottom