[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like it might have been a hit or miss issue during patch 1.02 because people are saying thing both ways on that thread.
I saw an image from an early version, as I understand it, that someone posted in another thread that discussed this issue - it literally showed a "bolt" from a First Person Perspective. Unfortunately, the moderators closed and deleted many threads and posts and I can no longer find this image. Who knew that all evidence of previously present nudity must be preserved? :) Then it was considered a mistake, before the official announcement.

I saw an image from an early version, as I understand it, that someone posted in another thread that discussed this issue - it literally showed a "bolt" from a First Person Perspective. Unfortunately, the moderators closed and deleted many threads and posts and I can no longer find this image. Who knew that all evidence of previously present nudity must be preserved? :) Then it was considered a mistake, before the official announcement.
So the full nudity version was 1.01 ?

I just came across the last NPC to have any nudity at all. She has the drawn on underwear and bra now.

Yeah I guess lessons fucking learned for us. It's just too good to be true sadly.
I guess that's happens when you have millions and millions of people not being treated as, or acting like responsible adults... preople with money, able to buy games...

So the full nudity version was 1.01 ?
I honestly don't know which version was originally. I bought the game from GOG and at the start only v 1.03 was immediately available. This patch was released about 2-3 days before release. There was no such censorship before him. And actually then people began to consider it a mistake, only then get an official answer.

I have GOG Version, one day after release downloaded when I got my pre-ordered copy. Before 1.04 I had no censorship. With the latest patch I noticed the nice purple underwear. :)
It is very strange. I already had censorship at release, at v 1.03.

I have GOG Version, one day after release downloaded when I got my pre-ordered copy. Before 1.04 I had no censorship. With the latest patch I noticed the nice purple underwear. :)
I also had censorship with 1.03 patch and some guys on other forums says that also 1.02 didn't shown nudity.

If that is true, Sony should be considered their own region. Watch their gamers jump ship once the find out the difference.

I agree, maybe, if this was the reason why, then the "Sony" release would be configured for no option of nudity, while the pc and xbox along with region could be fully immersive.

I play on PC and sure, later, there may be a mod, but wouldnt it be better if the game just came with it.. no third party modifications to get basic things.

I agree, maybe, if this was the reason why, then the "Sony" release would be configured for no option of nudity, while the pc and xbox along with region could be fully immersive.

I play on PC and sure, later, there may be a mod, but wouldnt it be better if the game just came with it.. no third party modifications to get basic things.
This should apply in every case but much games got censored for all platform because of Sony rules.

A mod for this is already out. Remember that with Terminator the uncut mod is now not working anymore as new game updates broke it to not make anyone uncensor the game.

With Day One Patch 1.02 had definetely no censorship. In 1.03 still look into mirror, etc. without censorship. Like I wrote, I noticed first in 1.04. Red also some noticed before 1.04. Then I had a look into the ingame menu and noticed also the missing censorship setting.

With Day One Patch 1.02 had definetely no censorship. In 1.03 still look into mirror, etc. without censorship. Like I wrote, I noticed first in 1.04. Red also some noticed before 1.04. Then I had a look into the ingame menu and noticed also the missing censorship setting.
In 1.03 mirror was just censored for me. I can't find any 1.02 to see if nudity was shown in that version unfortunately.

I'm sure that it's already been mentioned, but 27 pages of posts is a slog to read through so I'll just toss in my two cents.
I play the game on XSX, and the character is nude in the inventory view, and there are cutscenes with (at least) female nudity. It doesn't make sense to me that our character is forced to wear underwear in their apartment etc.
I hope this will be reconsidered for a future patch of the game where forced underwear is governed by the censor filter that is togglable in the settings.

This is also such a minor thing that should be easily changed and would scratch one of the complaints of the current list ;)

Obviously Nudity is not preventing me from playing, but, it does kill my immersion of the RPG in the game.

Heck, after I kill a mob, I even go back and headshot each person just to make sure. I loot everything. Heck I would jack and npc's shoes if I could. Hacking, love it! Body Mods, Love it. I just would like our freedom in the game back.

With that said, I have noticed each day that I log in to play, it seems more and more is being censored. I just noticed last night while playing after work that even the commercials in the elevator which were once very suggestion and went with the feeling of the future and being a cyberpunk 2077 player are now becoming very subtle, not as suggestive. This is a very bad thing. Dont get me wrong, I understand, heck its what our world does... it censors what we can see. But, I really would like this game to be the one to be over the top, push the envelope. If it does, I believe people will follow and will play for a very very long time.

+1 for bringing back what's promised - an game for adults. Point. Is this night city or some 12 year old anime fantasy of a dark kinky town? The advertisement literally all around is sex sells and you can't see your penis or a vagina? Strippers with clothes? Foot fetish should be hardcore kink? Come on. We are living not in the dark ages where you can't see talk or live the dream of living how you want. And it's a game with a 18 plus rating. If you are afraid that underage could see this than go sue their parents which are responsible first place for checking things before buying it. I got a child myself and filter what he is allowed to see until he is old enough to make his own decisions. Never would blame someone else for the parenting I have to do. And for me.. Well I think I saw enough hard sh#t to deserve an adult game. Projekt Red for me, if it's true you patched the game to be more vanilla and less adult - shame on you. And when you did it sneaky double shame on you and I will never buy or pre-order a game with your name again. Point. Maybe I am just one guy but maybe there are enough that you recognize and reconsider to change that direction asap. And when not I hope you guys would never get the chance again to trick again someone. (yes after reading all sites here I feel tricked into buying an adult game which isn't in my opinion.) sry for my bad English as it isn't my native language. Sincerely

For me it's the playing a censored version that isn't a thing. I don't mind what and how much they censor, it's unacceptable in all forms.
Just had a great thought. Next patch comes out, the intro starts (which i always listen to the guy describing night city lol) and then a commercial is heard while in your apartment.

Thats right night city, you wanted it, you got it. Penis and Vajay jay all over and in your face. Sex scenes are now 59 seconds long instead of 30 seconds or have the option to auto replay. High Corp tried to censor us but we made it for you. Then you walk outside your apartment and there is a new npc that asks which pill you want to take... the red one or the blue one (new quest line, which unlocks nudity) lol.

Im down!!!!

Last edited:
I am against censorship on principle and it is immersion breaking to be wearing shorts in the shower, and Night City is not Night City if every stripper is wearing pasties and V wears shorts during sex scenes. The nudity was hyped for months before release and the developer claimed it was part of the theme, which is why it should still be there. As long as this is being censored retroactively and without admission or explanation means CDPR will not be getting my money in the future.

I am against censorship on principle and it is immersion breaking to be wearing shorts in the shower, and Night City is not Night City if every stripper is wearing pasties and V wears shorts during sex scenes. The nudity was hyped for months before release and the developer claimed it was part of the theme, which is why it should still be there. As long as this is being censored retroactively and without admission or explanation means CDPR will not be getting my money in the future.

Yes - I hope they open their eyes and reconsider fast about that point. But I so hardly wonder - for what was there a option in the options menu which asked about the nudity - when they silently patch it to a "kids" version? What the hell was they thinking? If the want to make money just make a cyber punk teletubby city for kids. Where no one gets harmed and you can go to Pyjama party's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom