Important Update

+
It makes me sad and shows a state of the gaming community that is almost frightening, how willing to dismiss valid criticism many fanboys are, while at the same time seeing a vague apology and upcoming patches (with no mention of what will be in them and if they will just be patches or actually add missing features) and start to sing CDPRs praise.

I will give CDPR time to correct their mistakes, BUT as long as they haven't, the game remains a pale shadow of what was promised, they willingly lied about the playability of the game on last gen consoles and released an unfinished product.
This all happened, it won't just go away by promising patches, the "apology" doesn't even feel sincere and addresses next to nothing.
Why defend and follow any company soooo blindly? I just don't get it.

Guest 4421288

They really should update the player base more often directly if they want to redeem some of that confidence in the company back. Hearing these "rumours" about this from a game shop isn't great.

If it isn't announcement from CDP directly then it is just rumour without guarantee.

From 14th Dec it would of been good to give communication/updates. Sometimes bad news is still news as an update.

What is crazy is that there will be many people whom have or about to finish the game then get their refund on Sony store.

Free rental.

As this Sony notice gives no conditions of refund i.e. By what date you must request refund, Number of hours played or finish main story etc

welcome to the last 10 years of gaming. this is nothing new... at alllll.

the ONLY , real example of that is star citizen.. I mean they haven't relased SH*T and still raised like billions.. laughing all the way to the bank.. This is not a case of that in any shape or form lmao. Get of the drugs , kid.

Guys, developers! Thank you for the game. Despite a number of technical problems, your work is very visible. Special thanks from your eastern neighbors. There are many funny references that are close to the people of our country. I would like to note the atmosphere of the game, an interesting plot and setting of scenes. It is clear that this is your first experience in creating such a multilevel world of the future, and mistakes are inevitable. Even if today you get a lot of angry reviews, but know that there are those who understand the current situation, the complexity of the project and see the work invested. Go CDPR! You will cope with all the difficulties !!! Большое спасибо!!!

With all due respect to the opinions on this forum, I really don't care about Sony and Microsoft because they don't care about me or the vast majority of people on Planet Earth. And i ll REPEAT, i have ZERO insues in game and im playing here with a i5 with a GTX... and i have 96 hours in game... i ll have more 96 next week. I have a lot of fun. So, i care only about one thing, who think on ME: CDPR. This guys are fantastic!
There will always be gamers who don't have an issue with games released, but you can't discount those that do. In this case there are more that are having issues than don't. I believe this is the first time in gaming history that a AAA game was pulled from by a company, Sony, after less than a week post release. This is even worse than Fallout 76, a lot worse.

I had originally had hardly any issues playing on Xbox One X but over the past 2 nights I've noticed a lot more graphical glitching, lag, serious lag, and had 2 screen freeze situations where I had to force the system to the dashboard or just look at a frozen screen forever.

It's a great thing that you're not having a problem with it, but this IS a forum where people share good and bad experiences. Discounting them based on your not having an issue isn't fair.

There will always be gamers who don't have an issue with games released, but you can't discount those that do. In this case there are more that are having issues than don't. I believe this is the first time in gaming history that a AAA game was pulled from by a company, Sony, after less than a week post release. This is even worse than Fallout 76, a lot worse.

I had originally had hardly any issues playing on Xbox One X but over the past 2 nights I've noticed a lot more graphical glitching, lag, serious lag, and had 2 screen freeze situations where I had to force the system to the dashboard or just look at a frozen screen forever.

It's a great thing that you're not having a problem with it, but this IS a forum where people share good and bad experiences. Discounting them based on your not having an issue isn't fair.

Share a ideia, impression, opinion, its something, do hater campaign, in all topics, posting or writing the same thing, and trying to impose a idea, its another...is diferent.

I truly believe in CDPR personally its kind of the last bastion of single player RPGs (as of right now) I play on pc and my set-up is 3 1/2 almost 4 years old and currently runs on ultra. However my biggest complaint at the moment is the lack of open world immersion. I just looked back at some content seemingly in the final release and its no longer there. I understand Cut-content is a necessary evil, with last gen. consoles but it seems like a deep cut. There feel like a lot of empty space and missed poetical. For instance, the Brain Dance feature. It feels like it should work, all the part are in game but it stops there. that just one example. If I missed something and some of the feature will be added later or something please let me know, i really hope so.
Still I love the story, the characters, even managed to get me to tear up. That's not a easy thing to do in any case but its a wonderfully done game with great writing, acting and craftmanship. Just feel like it needs a top off to be done.

I just bought a ps4 cd and I will keep it I believe in cdpr! I am a gamer for over 40 years, starting in the pong game and after it atari, ps2, ps3, ps4, and others... I think this is the most impressive I have ever seen

Guest 4454648

And I appreciate this. I know there have been a lot of people really pulling to get this game launched. A lot of very tired people that gave their all in a pretty rotten situation with the pandemic going. And they're still there, continuing to pull, trying to make the game as good as it can get.

People are welcome to their own opinions on the game, but what I'm seeing now are two classes of complaints:

1.) Actual issues -- like the last-gen console performance, crashing issues, certain AI functionality that is horribly clunky or non-functional, visual glitches, or people that ordered the game years ago and never received it. Definitely. These are things that are certainly not working as intended, and CDPR has acknowledge all of them.

2.) Subjective issues -- as it's not the studio's responsibility to provide me with my interpretation of what "immersive" means. It's not the studio's fault if I don't think I have enough dialogue choices. I don't get to hold the studio accountable if I'm not happy with the romance options or how they function. Or whether combat is complex enough. Or if I feel that appearance or customization options aren't good enough. Or if I'm upset that a scene or feature from a work-in-progress demo was later cut or redesigned. And it's certainly not the studio's issue if listened to second-hand reporting, rumor, and hype, then assumed that it was all true.

Issues that fall into 1.) will be handled, and people have every right to pursue them up to and including a refund.

Issues that fall into 2.) are completely up to one's person. Everyone is welcome to both feel what they want and share that feedback. In fact, it's still even possible to receive a refund for these reasons, too, depending on where one bought the game.

But anyone that thinks a studio is going to lower its eyes in shame or be obligated to redefine their creations according to other people's whims and preferences is waaaaaay off the mark. What that means is, "I don't really like the game." And that is entirely up to that person. Full stop.

And that's your opinion, Full stop.

All I want to hear is the truth. Why the game was released "as is" then I can decide who to blame. There is no change that all these bugs where overlooked prior to release. Because not having a bunch of ppl try the game before it goes live is out most intanity.

Also, recommending users to update there NVIDIA drivers to solve the "Foliage bug" or whatever? hurts the company/game more than it helps in anyway. Because NVIDIA have totally lost it. They have returned to the time when Windows Vista was released. There forum is stuck full of users complaining about all sorts of things. And I have experienced most issues myself. So I'm currently using 452.06 with my older GTX 1080.

If CDPR wants to make it up to me, I'm fine with that. I'll keep the game. Just give me the features and the gaming mechanics I saw during the 2018 reveal trailer. That's what I was sold on.

Well, if your not happy with the game (ignoring all the bugs etc) because it lacks what you where "sold on" request a refund and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree that it's important to listen to both sides. Those that are not experiencing issues or don't perceive them as issues, don't owe anything to those that are, or do, but that doesn't mean that those that are having all sorts of problems are exaggerating any issues. Those that are not having a good time are justified in complaining about it. Especially when the game...just isn't quite what they said it would be.

The majority of folks who have played it, without much issue, have enjoyed it. So, the consensus is that what's there is good. There just isn't enough. CDPR promised something akin to Witcher 3, quite literally. What's been presented is narratively very strong, but very barebones. And for a large chunk of people, they can't enjoy it anyway because it either doesn't, or barely, works.

Regarding removal from the PS Store though...this isn't "controversial". This is what needed to happen in order for Sony to issue refunds universally per the way they handle this sort of thing. Bethesda didn't even entertain refunds for Fallout76 when it launched broken on the system, so Sony didn't need to do anything. Same for those Indie titles that often get shoveled out onto the storefront. Following the timeline of events, CDPR asked people to wait or seek refunds. People on Sony platforms were denied refunds. CDPR urged Sony to give refunds, then Sony pulled the game and offered refunds. It looks really bad, yes, and it pretty much is. But this way, everyone gets their way. CDPR can keep their promise to get refunds to customers, and Sony isn't left handling a busted release.

They really need to be transparent going forward about what happened, and what will happen now.

If CDPR wants to make it up to me, I'm fine with that. I'll keep the game. Just give me the features and the gaming mechanics I saw during the 2018 reveal trailer. That's what I was sold on.

Dude. PS4 is 7 years old. You know.. processing power ram and vram? The stuff to make your beatiful 2020 game run?
You dont play witcher 3 on Sega do you? Wtf you even talking about.

P.S. he became rich selling paypal which he created. which is a money milking system, exactly the corporate stuff you're talking about.

The power of the hardware being developed for is for the developers to worry about, not the customer who's sold the game for their console. As a side point, Elon Musk did not create Paypal.

Also, recommending users to update there NVIDIA drivers to solve the "Foliage bug" or whatever? hurts the company/game more than it helps in anyway. Because NVIDIA have totally lost it. They have returned to the time when Windows Vista was released. There forum is stuck full of users complaining about all sorts of things. And I have experienced most issues myself. So I'm currently using 452.06 with my older GTX 1080.

I have 452.06 driver installed for GTX 1060 too. I had 425.31 since 2019 until this december and that driver never let me down. Then installed 460 for the sake of Cyberpunk and jesus .. Imagine this driver as a hell demon and your computer is Doomslayer. They didn't like each other. Rolled back to 457. beter but stil la mess. Rolled back to 456. Couldn't use my EVGA precision, my GPU and memory clock were always boosted. Now i'm on 452 and it seems to be good for now. Until early 2019 i was a "radeon[...]" type guy. None of the AMD's drivers casued issues for me (maybe because i never installed optional parts only the recommended files). And 452 seems to show the most FPS numbers in game before any newest drivers. The only thing i like better in NVIDA is their installer and contol panel. It's easy to make a clean instal and i don't have to touch anything in the driver program after it was installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom