[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
To be fair, a not insignificant number of those posts are from several people posting many times. I wouldn't expect anything, really.
I think its alot more than you realise. Plus its getting overshadowed with all the performance issues on console drama thats been ongoing all week.

I think its alot more than you realise. Plus its getting overshadowed with all the performance issues on console drama thats been ongoing all week.
I read online that a patch on Dec. 21st should stabilize those! let´s hope that the focus swifts over here then
Post automatically merged:

I read online that a patch on Dec. 21st should stabilize those! let´s hope that the focus swifts over here then
I´m on PS4 too and I just had 10 crashes in total, but the game as such is running! so for me I don´t get this drama over performance on console

I will keep posting until either something is announced for post-main quest content or until someone from the team replies here.

That's all I can do. If they want to fix the game, this needs to be addressed, along with the bug issues.

Even a small crowd can move something, if they´re loud enough to be heard

Yeah, well, when stocks take a nosedive and there are actual refund campaigns not seen before... there's more to fix than the ending.

Pretty sure they said there will be 2 major patches coming up next year.
These are aimed to fix the most prominent issues on console. The one coming on the 21st is there under pressure of investors after recent events.

To be fair, a not insignificant number of those posts are from several people posting many times. I wouldn't expect anything, really.
That is true, still a significant outcry though. I hope the magnitude or the thread will capture their attention, but also the fact this isn't 3000 posts of bitching. Quite impressed with how many different perspectives, plot theories and possible solutions have been discussed and whittled down in the thread. And with remarkably little arguing or nastiness.

Touché, chooms

Yeah, well, when stocks take a nosedive and there are actual refund campaigns not seen before... there's more to fix than the ending.
I´m thinking about writing directly to them, giving them the points I mentioned in my post(nr.2948) you find on page 148 here. Of course when I do that, I go more detailed than in that post, but I think that the ideas in general is what everyone can accept.

For everyone still focusing on the "six months to live" thing, read my comment from earlier here.

In short: the Aldecaldos ending, I argue, results in V being able to be cured and continue their life, with the Aldecaldo/Judy Romance ending being the best possible for everyone. This is based on:

1. Looking at all lore regarding Soulkiller and concluding that V's original consciousness and "essence" or whatever else you'd call it remains in tact, and simply transferred to and from a digital form. This is further emphasized, as some have noted, by the spiritual influence of Buddhism in the game and the rejection of the idea of a soul in some traditional sense, meaning that Alt is a non-trustworthy figure with false information or beliefs about the "soul", making "Soulkiller" a misnomer, essentially.
2. The epilogue dialogue with Panam and Cassidy, as well as the general themes presented of "letting go and starting again", whereby the implication seems to be that Night City is itself the ultimate villain, and thereby, the only way to survive is to escape it
3. The data shard of "The Iliad", which heavily implies that it is only through abandoning the constant war of being a merc that V can have "a long life endure(d)"
4. Misty's final tarot reading, which, if we recognize that CDPR made it so that Tarot works in this game based on Misty's consistently accurate readings, we then recognize that our destiny to survive and overcome the "six months to live" issue is certain.

I literally made an account solely to post in this thread. That's how much this issue means to mean, otherwise I don't think I'd care enough to be sitting here typing.

Besides, I didn't think forums were even still a thing anymore. The last forum I frequented with any kind of regularity was like...I think the forum back when Final Fantasy VII Advent Children was a thing.

True but it wouldn't be that hard to do. First Alt gives you the choice to get hit by soulkiller, instead of taking it on herself to just do it.

Secondly, if you choose not too, V is placed back into her body, into a medical coma, Hell the Emperor lived for decades in his sarcophagus V could live for a while longer in the same basic tech.

This you do a run with Panam and your romance option to find a piece of cyberwear that will stop the process and allow V to survive indefinitely in her body. Hell if the devs already made magic cyberwear in the Relic, they can make magic anti-Relic cyberwear.

Four V lives and decides whether to stay in NC and die in a blaze of glory, or go off with the Nomads and live a nice quiet peaceful life with their romance option.

It would not have been hard to do, but for whatever reason they did not do it and Alt outrights lies to you, cause I refuse to believe that such a powerful AI did not know about the consequences, in the same way that many other characters lie to you, or withhold information - while at the same time not offering the character alternative options and still forcing you to do their missions they way the game tells you to.

Any Netrunner is jacked into Cyberspace, but in their case it is a bridge and the link to the original is there and intact. V on the other hand jacks into Mikoshi and has their brain wiped.

The more I think about it, the more it angers me.

For everyone still focusing on the "six months to live" thing, read my comment from earlier here.

In short: the Aldecaldos ending, I argue, results in V being able to be cured and continue their life, with the Aldecaldo/Judy Romance ending being the best possible for everyone. This is based on:

1. Looking at all lore regarding Soulkiller and concluding that V's original consciousness and "essence" or whatever else you'd call it remains in tact, and simply transferred to and from a digital form. This is further emphasized, as some have noted, by the spiritual influence of Buddhism in the game and the rejection of the idea of a soul in some traditional sense, meaning that Alt is a non-trustworthy figure with false information or beliefs about the "soul", making "Soulkiller" a misnomer, essentially.
2. The epilogue dialogue with Panam and Cassidy, as well as the general themes presented of "letting go and starting again", whereby the implication seems to be that Night City is itself the ultimate villain, and thereby, the only way to survive is to escape it
3. The data shard of "The Iliad", which heavily implies that it is only through abandoning the constant war of being a merc that V can have "a long life endure(d)"
4. Misty's final tarot reading, which, if we recognize that CDPR made it so that Tarot works in this game based on Misty's consistently accurate readings, we then recognize that our destiny to survive and overcome the "six months to live" issue is certain.
yeah but here again you suppose that we are all fine with that specific ending. that is not the case! Where in my ideas there would be 2 endings, for each fitting 2 of the 4 romances, so that everyone gets joy.

Even with the optimistic outlook of which I am a firm believer in, I would much prefer a story that is continued and ends with a definitive conclusion. I like the character V and would love to see what comes after, and not during the periods of the game where I suffer a seizure every 2 in-game days.

Even with the optimistic outlook of which I am a firm believer in, I would much prefer a story that is continued and ends with a definitive conclusion. I like the character V and would love to see what comes after, and not during the periods of the game where I suffer a seizure every 2 in-game days.
Indeed, i'd love some dlc's with some more amazing adventures but without Johnny interrupting constantly. Or even a sequel :shrug:

They might make expansion story dlc's, atleast i hope so.

Top Bottom