Lifepaths are meaningless. There is no replayability.

+
R.I.P. to that. This is not a 40 hours times 3 game at all. This was a massive hood wink. No wonder they were afraid of spoilers. The trailers pretty much showed all there was to the lifepaths.

Lifepaths change nothing. Only add minor quest differences some more exposition and information but the outcomes are all the same and the responses to the extra info is always "oh, cool". Shame. I really wanted to follow up deeper or more on the corpo story in the opening. They talked so much about corpo in the night city vids. Hell, they spoiled almost the entire corpo intro in the trailers. And hype Jenkins who dies offscreen and you can't even comment on his grave or react in anywaybut we fools never knew. They hyped up the corpo NPCs but we never saw them again. Same with that nomad sherrif. The game has the depth of a frying pan, and all it does is fry itself. The timeskip after the 10 min intro nullifies all lifepaths. Only street kid matters if at all.

Only skills add any variety to the gameplay experience and not even in the story so you don't necessarily have to restart the game for that, just use the reset shard.

All lifepaths essentially lead to street kid and your corpo and nomad dialogues feel out of place. All lifepaths do is add different kinds of "Yes'' with the same outcome. Almost all dialogue options are like this btw. V says something loud that no one acknowledges and you have to always choose the yellow to progress the same manner as always regardless of anything.

Another cdpr lie. At this point if you still want that next level, next gen RPG experience then Baldur's Gate 3 is more your speed. It's in early access beta right now but even that alone is 40 hours long. And Larian works WAAAAAAY closer with their fans than cdpr EVER did.

The bugs are taking over the conversation. Even if you get rid of the bugs there is nothing much to this cyberpunk game. It's not just fan over hype (that i agree; people should have been wiser about), it's much more. Much of the criticism is how cdpr themselves are not makng good on their own promises

Yea it feels like they took hours of gameplay scrapped it and repackaged it as a montage to save time.
I agree, the montage is definitely a bunch of scripted events cut together that was meant to be experienced ingame.

Edit: I actually restarted a second replay, and only now after someone pointed it out I actually realised that we used to live with Jackie and his mother. Which begs the question, where did we live before we met Jackie? lol

Watching that montage felt like the start of witnessing a 20 autonomous car pileup. It was a lot of telling and not showing. I wish the game's NPCs reacted accordingly to V, like how Larian has the NPCs give specific dialogue if you're playing a Drow as opposed to a Human. I wanted gaining peoples trust or friendship to be a bit harder since I chose the Corpo Lifestyle. But oh well.

You know, it pretty much feels like they might have had to make the lifepaths a bigger impact, but decided to merge all paths into the Streetkid one.
I know this is unrealistic and won't happen, but at this point they should release two free (or even paid, I don't even care anymore) DLCs, both expanding/inserting the corpo/nomad lifepaths into the story.
Post automatically merged:

Watching that montage felt like the start of witnessing a 20 autonomous car pileup. It was a lot of telling and not showing. I wish the game's NPCs reacted accordingly to V, like how Larian has the NPCs give specific dialogue if you're playing a Drow as opposed to a Human. I wanted gaining peoples trust or friendship to be a bit harder since I chose the Corpo Lifestyle. But oh well.
Yeah, and tbh even V treats Jackie still like it's just the beginning of a friendship. (I suppose in order to introduce Jackie to the player...) Like... "Oh I didn't know you liked asian food." paraphrased, even though they lived together for half a year.

I can replay this game easily just by approaching the situations (side missions) differently each time I start a new character. Story is great of course but story branches are not the only reason to replay.

I am glad I don't put my heart into everything developers say before a game is actually released. Because I did not have much expectation I got more than I anticipated. A whole lot more. But they could certainly build on what they have so far. I hope they keep adding content.

I hate when media & gamers hate on a decent but flawed game. That kills them sometimes. I want more content.

Things I would like to see implemented:
Yes, more story branching would be nice. I won't argue.
Able to meet people in the world and start romances.
Have things dynamically change in the world based on your actions like what was "perceived" in Deus Ex. This game is not like that but could be if a player just wanted to be their own person and chaotic. You would be in the news and wanted even by the police or CORPO or the gangs. Story would be shot but you would be "famous". Until someone finally zeros you. :)
Try to be our own fixer of sorts although I do not know how that could be implemented without scripting it in.
More feedback from the NPCs walking around. They say stuff but it is just the same repeat phrases from everyone.
There is a lot in the game already and really nothing to complain about as far as money's worth. But more is welcome.

Cdpr said the story was like a wheat spike and somehow people thought that meant it would be even more complex than a tree (where you could get ten endings from taking off on a single branch). I dont know if people have ever seen wheat to me it sure as heck sound like you can take some minor detours, miss out on some other stuff but always get back into the main story shortly after.

I completed the game on my first character, all missions all ncpd jobs. I just started my second character with a different starting story and different build ( you can respec your perk points but not attributes) since I wanted to try a different style of gameplay. On the second run through I'm able to pick up a lot more of the subtle details that are dropped in early game.

[spoiler warning]

for example when you're riding the elevator to your apartment for the first time there's a tv show playing and they're discussing arasaka relic technology. I didn't know what the relic was until half way through my first play through.

Not to say that you will have this same experience but I'm enjoying the replay.

Top Bottom