Important Update

+
So for the physical refund via helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com do we need to email them proof first or do we just need to contact that email and then CDPR will contact us asking for proof of purchase. Obviously they need proof of purchase but just wondering if they need it straight away or if they'll respond to an email asking for a refund request and then ask for details after?

So for the physical refund via helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com do we need to email them proof first or do we just need to contact that email and then CDPR will contact us asking for proof of purchase. Obviously they need proof of purchase but just wondering if they need it straight away or if they'll respond to an email asking for a refund request and then ask for details after?

No idea how the process works, if you have the proof then nothing really prevents you from attaching it right away.

Offer refunds to everyone who asks for it, not just the console players. PC is also plagued with issues plus fundamentally flawed design where you force people to use certain control schemes instead of allowing them to fully customize. That is unheard of in the PC realm, decades old games and crappy console ports allowed customization. Not everyone wants to play with a gamepad and not everyone is right handed. Come on, you can't seriously release a PC game like that.
If you force people to stick with you, there will be a lot of negative sentiment. I would love to see how the game is doing in a year or two and play it then to fully appreciate it.

That update did not fix any of my problems. Still have buggy sound, the game looks bad, and I still can't pick up a lot of loot.

I'm disappointed.

Hi :)

What plataform?

PC. Windows 10 x64. Here are my full specs.

The only things that aren't on that list are my intel AX200 Wifi card, and my presonus Audiobox USB 96 audio interface (which I put through an old hi fi system from the 1970s, because I play guitar).

I have audio issues with both onboard audio and through my interface, and I tried updating my drivers, disabling all effects and all that other stuff, too, with both onboard and interface audio. Audio is just broken in this game.

PC. Windows 10 x64. Here are my full specs.

The only things that aren't on that list are my intel AX200 Wifi card, and my presonus Audiobox USB 96 audio interface (which I put through an old hi fi system from the 1970s, because I play guitar).

I have audio issues with both onboard audio and through my interface, and I tried updating my drivers, disabling all effects and all that other stuff, too, with both onboard and interface audio. Audio is just broken in this game.

We have a section called Technical. Maybe someone have a spec like you. I know that this does not guarantee immediate solutions, but, who knows ?! Anyway, it would be good to send feedback or bug reports to the company.

Personally I think they will fix these errors most commonly found on AMD processors in some patch in the near future. At last, I hope.

Feel for you, good luck.

I have 452.06 driver installed for GTX 1060 too. I had 425.31 since 2019 until this december and that driver never let me down. Then installed 460 for the sake of Cyberpunk and jesus .. Imagine this driver as a hell demon and your computer is Doomslayer. They didn't like each other. Rolled back to 457. beter but stil la mess. Rolled back to 456. Couldn't use my EVGA precision, my GPU and memory clock were always boosted. Now i'm on 452 and it seems to be good for now. Until early 2019 i was a "radeon[...]" type guy. None of the AMD's drivers casued issues for me (maybe because i never installed optional parts only the recommended files). And 452 seems to show the most FPS numbers in game before any newest drivers. The only thing i like better in NVIDA is their installer and contol panel. It's easy to make a clean instal and i don't have to touch anything in the driver program after it was installed.

The game absolutely requires DirectX 12 to be in perfect shape. You may want to try manually running Windows Update. If that has no effect, doing a system restore might be worth a shot.

I originally tried playing on Windows 7, but DX12 is only available there through Windows Updates. Something had gone wrong there, and not even a full system repair fixed it: dxdiag continued to report only DX11. Microsoft has completely discontinued all support for Win7, so I was left the option of either reinstalling Windows 7...or finally upgrading to Windows 10. I chose the latter.

Was able to simply upgrade (not doing a full wipe and clean installation), and it had to be the easiest OS installation I've ever had. Was not expecting that at all. Costs nothing but time.

Game now runs beautifully on Nvidia Reference 460.79.
No crashes in over 20 hours of gameplay.
40-70 FPS, full Ultra settings, 1080p. (Been playing capped at 56 FPS to smooth it out.)
i7-4790K
GTX 980 ti
16 GB RAM

Id like to refer it to food. A steak so to say. If you ordered and did not get the expectations off the first bite ok I get it. Take your money back or let them fix it no one is perfect. If you eat half or the whole steak and still want a refund and a voucher to come back it's kinda a karen thing to do.

The game absolutely requires DirectX 12 to be in perfect shape. You may want to try manually running Windows Update. If that has no effect, doing a system restore might be worth a shot.

I originally tried playing on Windows 7, but DX12 is only available there through Windows Updates. Something had gone wrong there, and not even a full system repair fixed it: dxdiag continued to report only DX11. Microsoft has completely discontinued all support for Win7, so I was left the option of either reinstalling Windows 7...or finally upgrading to Windows 10. I chose the latter.

Was able to simply upgrade (not doing a full wipe and clean installation), and it had to be the easiest OS installation I've ever had. Was not expecting that at all. Costs nothing but time.

Game now runs beautifully on Nvidia Reference 460.79.
No crashes in over 20 hours of gameplay.
40-70 FPS, full Ultra settings, 1080p. (Been playing capped at 56 FPS to smooth it out.)
i7-4790K
GTX 980 ti
16 GB RAM

PC users facing "Flatline" issues will just have to wait until sometime in February. Maybe modders on the nexus can pick up the torch to fix this software, I just don't have any more time to waste troubleshooting. I've been regularly buying and playing games on PC for 14 years now. I have never had to perform a system restore to play a game. The fact this is being recommended is laughable.

I have faith in you guys that hasn't wavered since W3! You we're always my favorite dev's because you were for the community and actually want to make the players happy. In time I know this well happen the same way if did in W3! I have a xbox one x so I haven't experienced majority of the problems that others have and I do understand the frustration. Just stick with them it will get better and then you'll get blown away by all the free content and awesome DLC! Just as they did in W3, don't forget how much free content they gave us and all the fixes it needed in th h ed beginning but in the end we received imo the best DLC that any game has ever released. It was literally like tripling the size and story of the Witcher 3 world! Just give them a chance to redeem themselves!

I'm glad that got sorted, was certainly a messy launch. But I'm loving the game on PC and hope that this all gets smoothed out soon. A lot of potential here.

Good luck!

PC users facing "Flatline" issues will just have to wait until sometime in February. Maybe modders on the nexus can pick up the torch to fix this software, I just don't have any more time to waste troubleshooting. I've been regularly buying and playing games on PC for 14 years now. I have never had to perform a system restore to play a game. The fact this is being recommended is laughable.

GPU crashes started to happen since 1.4 only. In 1.3 there were only a few less important crashes to the desktop with in-box messages. And they are always random. I can play the game in whatever point i want - quest, location, doesn't matter. After i continue my game after one of the crashes i can play it until 1 or 2 or some hour then the driver choose to crash again also my monitor doesn't respond until hard computer reset. Believe me when i say 1.4 is less stable than 1.3 and newest Nvidia driver (both 460.x) also caused many problems for waaaay too many people. For some reason before Christmass every driver always seem to be a rushed work for me, and i will not update anything until i saw in hundreds of websites that we finally got one good stable driver for games.

GPU crashes started to happen since 1.4 only. In 1.3 there were only a few less important crashes to the desktop with in-box messages. And they are always random. I can play the game in whatever point i want - quest, location, doesn't matter. After i continue my game after one of the crashes i can play it until 1 or 2 or some hour then the driver choose to crash again also my monitor doesn't respond until hard computer reset. Believe me when i say 1.4 is less stable than 1.3 and newest Nvidia driver (both 460.x) also caused many problems for waaaay too many people. For some reason before Christmass every driver always seem to be a rushed work for me, and i will not update anything until i saw in hundreds of websites that we finally got one good stable driver for games.
Checking the error report describes the crash as a GPU crash, I've had this issue since launch day, I had the game preloaded and started the install as soon as the timer on steam was finished. Again, this isn't a 1.04 issue for me, Here is my thread detailing everything and yeah I've tried reinstallation.
*Edit*
But yeah I think this may have something to do with drivers as well. Maybe half-baked drivers and the game's software just don't like each other. It's really frustrating for me reading all the posts from PC users talking about how they've "played for 20hrs and no crashes yet!" and others talking about how people are overreacting. Like yeah, but uhh 11 days later and I can't even open the game I paid for (not for lack of trying though).

Last edited:
Top Bottom